General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

new gas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
new gas?

midway through the presidents little speech, he talked about making new gas from grass and bark. he said it should be finished within 6 years and also used on vehicles. anyone know what im talking about? and if you do, do you think it will work?
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

JB Dizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i think it's biofuel or somesh*t like that... learned about it in environmental class. I think it might work, but it's hard to cultivate it and stuff.
Old 01-31-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
weren't we supposed to be on mars sometime soon according to him too? (not dissing on him)
Old 01-31-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
He might be talking about making cars run on just ethanol (SP?). In my oppinion the government should just release/unclassify hydrogen technology as GM and Toyota have requested.
Old 01-31-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
i tought i was the only one who watched the state of the union. glad to see i wasnt!
but yeah that fuel would be great but i think there will have to be modifications to the cars that they put it in.
Old 01-31-2006
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
LOL, listening to Bush speak is like watching a 10 year old in a sand box, just down right retarded
Old 01-31-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
um yea, that didn't even make sense when he said it. i don't even think HE knows what it is
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
hmmmmmm...wait a minute, he was also talking about soon all cars will be super fuel efficient..meaning....wtf....i'm confused...then again the democrats came on after and downplayed him. tsk tsk tsk....
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
is ok

Originally Posted by Transformer_Guy
LOL, listening to Bush speak is like watching a 10 year old in a sand box, just down right retarded
haha,

it is ok, he probably just read the speech prepared by someone else.
Old 01-31-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
hes an idiot. he has no idea what a biofuel is. he only knows (thinks he knows) how live on a ranch is and how to be a crappy president modelled after another crappy president; his dad.
ignore him, cause these talks about his stupidity arent even fun anymore
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
damn the poor guy was just asking if the gas would work... it just had to get all political up in this place!
Old 01-31-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
okay then no it won't work without making new cars to run on ethanol. and harvesting it will also add costs.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
he also said india and china are catching up to the US economical wise and then went on to say "WE CANNOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!" lolz... silly bush.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
With 2+ billion people between them they better overtake the US...

As for biofuel, its not -too- far flung, it just requires a large infrastructure investment, I don't think we'll ever entirely divorce ourselves from fossil fuels, but countries w. successful ethanol use like Brazil (biggest economy in S. America) set a good example...
Old 01-31-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EManEX
He might be talking about making cars run on just ethanol (SP?). In my oppinion the government should just release/unclassify hydrogen technology as GM and Toyota have requested.
accually GM did make a hydro car, its a accually a v8 Hummer H2 its called the Hummer H2H, there is 20 of them in cali being tested.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
I believe he didn't say anything about CONSERVATION.

I would have bought a VW TDI until I read about how CRAPPY our diesel fuel is compared to Europe.
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CenZ
accually GM did make a hydro car, its a accually a v8 Hummer H2 its called the Hummer H2H, there is 20 of them in cali being tested.
Yes and BMW, Toyota, and I believe Honda also have some hydrogen cars out there but they are not sold to the general public for various obious reasons.

The article I read a few months ago, GM was calling on the Gov. to unclassify hydrogen technology to make it more affordable and less costly for the consummer.