General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What would you do?(PIX)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JohnSIR is an unknown quantity at this point
What would you do?(PIX)

I believe many of you must have similar experiences but I'd like to hear some positive solid solutions from you guys.

Ok this is what happen to me yesterday, I was sitting inside my car waiting for my gf on Yonge St. north of Eglinton ave in Toronto. A white bigass domestic car with a NEW YORK plate backed in my front bumper while parallel parking. I got off car, inspected the damage.(paint chipped/crack) I was thinking " Thank god! at least my fiberglass Veilside is still good !"

The passenger, a fat woman in her 40-50 age, got off car and asked me if I can move my car back a bit in a very unfriendly manner.

I said "Ya I would but you just bumped my car".

She said "NO I DID NOT!"

I said " Oh yes you did! I was inside the car and you bumped it!!"
I showed her the damage.

She said" Oh com'on!! you probably got that damage before!!"
I got pissed and I repeated my words.

She said" Call the police! CALL CALL ~!!!!" then she just walked away.
I said " OK I am calling police!"

I know popo WILL NOT give a shiit for this so I got down the license plate number, and consult my insurance company see what they suggest. After 5min. talking on phone. The driver showed up, a coward looking short asssholle in his 40~50 age, who was about to drive his car away. I got off car and walked to him. He then sped up so I ran after his car and hitted his trunk with my hand!! He stopped and gave me a "Wa da FACK?!" gesture. I yelled loud to him saying "You are NOT gonna get away like this !!"

I know that coward admitted his fault and was afraid of me calling police or perhaps doing "sth" to his car so he drove off. But I had a feeling that he was still around since the fat woman did not get on the car with him. Few minutes later, I decided to seek for that coward and I was lucky enough to stop RIGHT behind him at a red light !! so I followed his car and snapped some pix with my phone.

I almost lost my temper that I was about to shoot him if I had a gun!! I know violence will never solve sth like this but I don't seem to find a real solution for this. This is NOT my first time having this happened to me. I remember last time a facking gayass bumped in my front bumper and said to me" it is just a bump! call the police if you want!" I actually did called 911 and guess what!! If no one is dying here, PoPo will still be sipping their coffee.

Many others suggested me to file a Hit and Run to popo but I doubt popo will even bother to run a search since the damage is minor. Besides, I was told that Hit and Run has to be on a highway, and popo will do NOTHING about this cuz it happens everyday.

Chasing him down the street and fvcuking up is definitely not gonna solve anything but will put myself into bigger trouble. But this really sux and if popo cannot protect the innocents, people will start to do something to defence themselve such as carrying a batt, or even a gun. Eventually there will be more shooting and crime just because popo don't care about somthing minor!

What would you guys suggest? Thanks

Last edited by JohnSIR; 01-30-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I would call the insurance company if the cops dont do anything but seeing as you already called, so what did the insurance company say? And if you dont mind me asking, whats that on your hood?
Old 01-30-2006
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice
^^^ ibeen sitting here wondering too man
Old 01-30-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
sorry about what happened...
well, you do have some info on them... hopefully insurance is on your side....
Old 01-30-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Looks like the wingswest hood spolier for the rsx kinda.

Old 01-30-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
all comes down to what insurance wants to do
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

noooorb is an unknown quantity at this point
chase the ******* down and nicely key up their shitty car.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
I imagine that, being an international plate, it'll be a giant pain in the *** to ever get anything out of the guy, especially considering the small scale of the damage. Also, there aren't any witnesses, really, you can't prove that he hit your car, or did you get someone to coroborate it? Personally, I would've parked my car right in front of theirs until the police got there, regardless of how much fuss it would have caused, with any luck they may have left some paint on your car, so at least the police officer might side with you.
Old 01-30-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
its called hit and run, and its illegal. should have called the cops with the plate. as soon as they try to leave back to NY then would have been detained.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
Go to the police station and tell them the story
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
Too bad you couldn't have gotten out and snapped the picture of the cars before he took off, could have taken it to small claims. But of course I would not have thought of doing something like that myself, I usually think of a solution or the right way of doing things after I already did it the wrong way.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

aznrocka is an unknown quantity at this point
What I would suggest is first talk to the person your involved with. If nothing is worked out as in your above situation, then get down as much information as possible (especially vehicle tag/description and of the driver) and attempt to call police. If nothing is done by the police or no report is written, at least get some sort of 'incident number' that records that you attempted to report the incident. It's just a CYA for when you call your insurance company. Next step is to contact your insurance company and tell them what happened and give them the information you got. They will at least attempt to contact the other party and/or insurance company of the other vehicle. I don't know what the law states in Toronto but in MD, if you are involved in an accident you HAVE TO provide your information. If not, its a hit and run and is a crime. Happens all the time here. Hope this helps. Obviously violence isn't the way to solve the problem but people do get mad and tempers fly and stuff happens.

PS and yes if you have a camera, do take pictures of the accident. It might come in handy.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
if you thought the cops really wouldnt have done anything, then yeah i would just kicked his **** in or something. that would have got him to stop. i know i've got the wrong attitute, but i don't really care.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
If its on private property you dont have to report it to the police...but you DO have to exchange information even if it is just a "bump/scratch".
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
hmmmmm...wait a minit...wtf....If I was in the situation and some outsider comes in my town and pull that ****, they're getting fugged up. as soon as I told her she bumbed my car and she denies it, she would of been on the floor. then the driver comes out to see what happnes he will be on the floor, then i'm jumping in my car and i'm out. no bull **** is my name.
Old 01-30-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
a week ago some idiot went right in front of me, through his stop sign where i have no stop, and then stopped his car. then he flips me off cause I beeped!
I got out of my car flipping out cause i almost hit him and they all started yelling **** in spanish. so i kicked his crappy old accord's door and left a nice mark, screamed at him some more, and went and got my tire iron. too bad he sped off as soon as his crap got kicked. i was about to cust his face in.

So anymore when I see an old black accord with chopped springs and steelies carting around a bunch of crappy welfare recipients in it, the car always drives away very fast.

Thats my only good story that I can think of right now.
Old 01-30-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PunkingCivic
Looks like the wingswest hood spolier for the rsx kinda.

wtf?
Old 01-30-2006
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
so if you had a gun and someone bumped your car you would shoot them? are you some kind of societal retard?
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
It's more like a celica's
Old 01-30-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm new york plates, if i see that car ill help you out
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

JohnSIR is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by rhcp0801
hmmm new york plates, if i see that car ill help you out
that'll be GREAT!!! I really need that help. AGH-5777 New York, white Lincoln or Buick.
Old 01-30-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
thats a freakin buick dude
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
uhh...so once again...what the heck is on your hood. i know its not that thing on the rsx...you can see straight through that. and did you say a veilside?? as in a veilside body kit??? they make those for our cars--nope
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Im guessing that his car is not a 7thgen vic or is it? That black thing (possible DRL sensor) on the dash is throwing me off, since my vic doesnt have it.

Last edited by DDragon7; 01-30-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

I'll bet its a celica, veilside makes bodykits for celica's
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

5peed|2acer is an unknown quantity at this point
dam they got some crazy drivers up in new york. when i was there our cabdriver got cutoff by some dude at a toll booth so he gets and pulls his cab up and almost the other dudes car then gets out and runs over to the other driver and they . i was just like and he gets back in the car like nothing happened
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 5peed|2acer
dam they got some crazy drivers up in new york. when i was there our cabdriver got cutoff by some dude at a toll booth so he gets and pulls his cab up and almost the other dudes car then gets out and runs over to the other driver and they . i was just like and he gets back in the car like nothing happened
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
NY drivers are the worst...I feel your pain...I just hate NY drivers.
Old 01-31-2006
just a troll who likes to laugh at YOU.

varmin will become famous soon enough
I seem to remember hearing that Canada was no-fault insurance...any Canadians who know wtf they're talking about around here? cos' if it's no-fault, it wouldn't matter if you call your insurance, theirs, or the cops, you'd still be paying.

-s
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Devani
NY drivers are the worst...I feel your pain...I just hate NY drivers.
LMAO...NOT FOR NOTHING BUT NJ DRIVERS ARENT THE BEST EITHER...PLUS THERE ARE CRAPPY DRIVERS IN EVERY STATE...

Quick Reply: What would you do?(PIX)