General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Invincible Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by efil on evol on
that or done it without the straps

It's entertainment. Of course they've tricked up some parts of it. They were honest about the repairs, but they've staged the ways they were going to hurt the car.

Asking to see the car withstand multiple tons of falling material onto it is like slapping your cat onto a cruise missile, launch it and expect it to come back home before nightfall.

Last edited by thegent; 01-29-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
yeah, I know it's a better show if the truck survives, but I'd enjoy seeing it unstrapped and still survive. Because it survived the sea after coming unstrapped
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
What I cant figure out is how it still started after being lit on fire...... wouldnt that melt all the wiring in the truck?
Old 01-29-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
honestly i thought the water would have killed it all. no joke
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

a4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura about
pretty funny
Old 01-29-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Originally Posted by thegent
You represent the auto industry's hardest market to crack.

On the other hand, I have seen a couple of french try to kill a civic by replacing the engine oil with water. It took them multiple tries and many hours of boucing off the rev-limiter to finally kill the car. '96 hatch.
I saw that vid, too. I doubt the 7th gen will last that long. Probably just drop a pea into the gearbox, and boom!

I spent all day playing with my 85 4x4. Heavy.... sturdy..... dull....
Old 01-29-2006
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
BTW, I noticed that Top Gear is now on the Science channel.
Old 01-29-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Yeah and he hit the pole with the very corner of the car going about 15mph. Lame. The show would have ended right there and then if he hit the pole head on going about 45mph.

And the wrecking ball did a weak sauce roll over the hood and also hit the car in the back with the car in neutral to absorb all of the impact.

Last edited by armieo; 01-29-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by armieo
Yeah and he hit the pole with the very corner of the car going about 15mph. Lame. The show would have ended right there and then if he hit the pole head on going about 45mph.

And the wrecking ball did a weak sauce roll over the hood and also hit the car in the back with the car in neutral to absorb all of the impact.
Magic tricks all look cool, intriguing and impossible... until you learn them.
Old 01-29-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
the ocean was the real deal though. you can't argue that it didn't flood every literal part of that car.
Old 01-29-2006
Premium Member

Yeah, they added a bunch of drama to the show, but the toyota IS a tough cookie. Be aware though, it survived the water because it's a DIESEL. A gas engine may have been ok, but the ignition system would be another thing altogether. So they picked the truck well for what they wanted to do.
But still impressive, nonetheless.
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

slammedSI is an unknown quantity at this point
ok that might be the only thing that will out last a honda lol.
Old 01-29-2006

Originally Posted by slammedSI
ok that might be the only thing that will out last a honda lol.
good point
Old 01-30-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
damn, that really makes me look at my old 85 pickup with the 22r in a different way. i knew they lasted forever, but that's just insane. i know a kid from high school that had an 83 diesel 2l-t in it with over 300k miles. my dad's friend tim still has his 86 4x4 with 370k on it, last time i saw him.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
that is awesome!!