General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

k20a from truehonda

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Talking k20a from truehonda

iv been looking at true hondas k20a deal looks good just gotta know a couple of things....the parts that it comes with i can use for my LX 02? Because u need RSX parts when u do the swap and if anyone knows what parts ill be missing from this deal heres the link

http://www.truehonda.com/inventory.p...tdetail&id=444
Old 01-22-2006
soooon to be psshh

kimchi29 is an unknown quantity at this point
doesnt seem like the tranny is included. is it?
Old 01-22-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it says complete swap. Just call up Eddie and ask.
Old 01-23-2006
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
i talked to him on aim, and from what I remember its everything except the mounts which you can get from hasport, dont quote me on it though.

I was wondering why nobody has been talking about buying motors from truehonda, theyve been up for a while, and he seems like a great vendor
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Stachmo
i talked to him on aim, and from what I remember its everything except the mounts which you can get from hasport, dont quote me on it though.

I was wondering why nobody has been talking about buying motors from truehonda, theyve been up for a while, and he seems like a great vendor
because from the add it looks like just the motor is $5500. you will still need motor mounts sub frame and install so total your looking at probably $7k to do the swap. that is expensive. you can find full swap stuff here and other places for cheaper. there was a guy here selling basically the same set up for $2500-3000 on 7thgen.
Old 01-23-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by familycar
because from the add it looks like just the motor is $5500. you will still need motor mounts sub frame and install so total your looking at probably $7k to do the swap. that is expensive. you can find full swap stuff here and other places for cheaper. there was a guy here selling basically the same set up for $2500-3000 on 7thgen.
not for a type R...
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
not for a type R...
isnt the only difference the head??? wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a k20a2 motor and swap the a3 head out???? it would be easier and cheaper to buy a a2 motor but i dont know how much the a3 heads go for. i couldnt imagine it would be more than $1k for a stock head. and that would still be cheaper than buy a complete k20a3
Old 01-23-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
the diff. between a k20a2 and k20a is the cams, intake mani, gears, final drive, flywheel, lsd, pistons.

if you're gonna leave the motor relatively stock, a k20a would be your best bet ... but if you plan to replace everything internally anyway, a k20a2 would be your best bet.
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

hdave is an unknown quantity at this point
the diff. between a k20a2 and k20a is the cams, intake mani, gears, final drive, flywheel, lsd, pistons.

if you're gonna leave the motor relatively stock, a k20a would be your best bet ... but if you plan to replace everything internally anyway, a k20a2 would be your best bet.
i think familycar is talking about the difference between k20a3 and k20a2
Old 01-23-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by hdave
i think familycar is talking about the difference between k20a3 and k20a2
oh ... I'm a retard.

in that case:

differences are: pistons, rods, head, tranny/gearing, balanced vs. balanced and counter balanced crank, crank pulley, electric vs. hydraulic power steering
Old 01-23-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
no aznboy is right... I think familycar is confusing engine codes here.... becuase why on earth would you want to put a K20A3 head on a K20A2 motor?

K20A = Type R
K20A2 = Type S
K20A3 = Base Model Motor
Old 01-23-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
from the site:
Full swap that Includes Long and Short Block, ECU, Axles, all accessories. All wiring harnesses are uncut and will come with A/C and P/S Pumps. DC5R Transaxle will also be included with the entire swap. You will recieve everything needed to swap into a DC5/RSX straight up minus the subframe
this is not a 7th gen swap it is a dc5 swap. and the trans is included. you'll need a radiator mounts some harness work. ps lines SI axles and other tid bits.
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by R1Style
no aznboy is right... I think familycar is confusing engine codes here.... becuase why on earth would you want to put a K20A3 head on a K20A2 motor?

K20A = Type R
K20A2 = Type S
K20A3 = Base Model Motor
you nailed it my bad!!!
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
isnt the only difference the head??? wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a k20a2 motor and swap the a3 head out???? it would be easier and cheaper to buy a a2 motor but i dont know how much the a3 heads go for. i couldnt imagine it would be more than $1k for a stock head. and that would still be cheaper than buy a complete k20a3

k20a3 is si or base rsx
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by familycar
k20a3 - base rsx/ si
Old 01-23-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by cj2185

k20a3 is si or base rsx
why don't you go back and read my posts.
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

why don't you go back and read my posts.
i was about to ask if anyone else heard an echo. it usually only takes once for me!!
Old 01-23-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^ yeah

on a side note, have you gotten your built head on yet?? ... I wanna see how it runs!
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

i am still waiting on my cam and springs to arrive and i need to finish up the fab work on the gsr IM. i doubt the head has even been touched yet either. for some reason i have had baaad luck getting machine shops and fabricators to keep their promises for completing work. i am going to call and bug them again today!!