General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

test drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006
You gotta be as blind as Anne Frank not to see that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ddevil0013 is on a distinguished road
test drive

had a day off from work so went out to a couple dealerships.

first stop nissan. tried out the Spec V. interior is really crammed for a 4 door. power delivery is ok but waaaay to much torque steer. maybe im just not used to that much power or something tho either way the only thing i really liked is that its a 6spd, other than that not impressed

next stop honda. they wouldnt let me touch the s2k so i tried the new civic. they only had the dx on the lot so i tried that. shift throw was looong but smooth. i thought the dash would grow on me but it didnt. still kinda slow even with the upped hp. overall just felt kind of disconnected with the road, and the extreme angle of the windshield made it worse.

next stop ..Porsche..we'll see if i can try out a GT3 lol
Old 01-14-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Stick with your 7thgen, its your destiny
Old 01-15-2006
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ddevil0013

first stop nissan. tried out the Spec V. interior is really crammed for a 4 door. power delivery is ok but waaaay to much torque steer. maybe im just not used to that much power or something tho
probably true
Old 01-15-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point

first stop nissan. tried out the Spec V. interior is really crammed for a 4 door. power delivery is ok but waaaay to much torque steer. maybe im just not used to that much power or something tho either way the only thing i really liked is that its a 6spd, other than that not impressed

next stop honda. they wouldnt let me touch the s2k so i tried the new civic. they only had the dx on the lot so i tried that. shift throw was looong but smooth. i thought the dash would grow on me but it didnt. still kinda slow even with the upped hp. overall just felt kind of disconnected with the road, and the extreme angle of the windshield made it worse.

next stop ..Porsche..we'll see if i can try out a GT3 lol

LOL dam with that being said I want to go try to test drive an s2000 just to see if they let me!
Old 01-15-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

kempster will become famous soon enoughkempster will become famous soon enough
it shouldnt be a problem test driving an s2000, i did it many times over many years. i did get to drive a gt3, and if by some miracle they let u, bukle up and hold on cause the car is fu(king awesome, imo blows the doors off a ferrari 360 modena
Old 01-15-2006
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
I've test drove s2000's also. All u have to do is pick one and stick with it. If they wont let you test drive the just leave.
Old 01-15-2006
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
Stick with your 7thgen, its your destiny
i second that!
Old 01-15-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kempster
it shouldnt be a problem test driving an s2000, i did it many times over many years. i did get to drive a gt3, and if by some miracle they let u, bukle up and hold on cause the car is fu(king awesome, imo blows the doors off a ferrari 360 modena
It doesn't quite blow the doors off of a 360 modena. They're kinda equal, but the porsche is more fun to drive.
Old 01-15-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by thegent
It doesn't quite blow the doors off of a 360 modena. They're kinda equal, but the porsche is more fun to drive.

i ment with it being more fun to drive, and it does handle better to
Old 01-15-2006

and i'd say the gt3 looks better then the 360. but the 430 is hotter than the porsche..ahhh supercars lol i'd take any one of em.
Old 01-15-2006
Registered!!

spudracer326 is an unknown quantity at this point
s2000s are a fun drive but disapointing after driving an evo.
Old 01-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by spudracer326
s2000s are a fun drive but disapointing after driving an evo.

I hear that a lot. It seems as though AWD crotch rockets really deserve their name
Old 01-15-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I hate how the 360 became the benchmark for people comparing to Ferrari's. Its not the fastest car out by Ferrari, even at the time. Get over that. What the car IS is an incredible daily drivable machine with huge power and excellent handling if you have some skill to drive it.

But if you say a GT3 blows the doors off... how? Why? Give some backup evidence or opinions for those kinds of statements!

and i'd say the gt3 looks better then the 360. but the 430 is hotter than the porsche..ahhh supercars lol i'd take any one of em.
360 isnt considered a supercar by most people. The F430 is, but its also about as fast as an F50. Which is very, very fast.
I personally would say the 355, 360, 575, 612, etc are not supercars. The F40, F50, F430, & Enzo, on the other hand, are supercars. The 360 is not in the same league as a Pagani Zonda F or the Koenigsegg.

Last edited by diskreet; 01-15-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2006

well compared to my vic i'd consider most other cars supercars lol
Old 01-15-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
thats an excellent point
Old 01-15-2006
Registered!!

by the way, I LOVE your sig
Old 01-15-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by diskreet
I hate how the 360 became the benchmark for people comparing to Ferrari's. Its not the fastest car out by Ferrari, even at the time. Get over that. What the car IS is an incredible daily drivable machine with huge power and excellent handling if you have some skill to drive it.

But if you say a GT3 blows the doors off... how? Why? Give some backup evidence or opinions for those kinds of statements!

i've driven both and as i said a few posts down from my original one i wasnt talking about acceleration or top speed i was talking about being fun to drive as in the one i would by. i feel no need to compare it to something i have to to experience. i mean i would have compared it to my s2k but i dont think that it would be a fair comparisson