General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

its a good feeling you know?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
its a good feeling you know?

So this past saturday morning i had just gotten home from my girlfriends house and saw my intake sitting in the garage. I took a look at the 7th gen civic DIY on how to install an intake, got my ***** about me. And went ahead and did it myself...

and you know what i realized?

....I love honda!

That **** popped in so quick i was done in like an hour. There is so much room in that engine bay its great you can get to everything like super easy.

and you know what else feels good?

everything i've done to that car besides the deck i did myself

it feels good to DIY
Old 01-09-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
it definately feels good to save yourself money and know that the job was done right... but an hour to install an intake??? since it was ur first time, i guess u can let you off .
Old 01-09-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yea DIYing is great. besides i know most of us do it for 2 reasons.
1. for our self satisfaction as men
2. for props
EDIT: don't feel bad, i took 2 hours to do my SRI cause im **** about what i do. the longest part was takin out the stock box. the SRI popped in after 10 minutes.
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

my1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
^yup^ you also saved yourself alot of money. i heard people paying 200 dollars to get their intakes installed.
Old 01-09-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
intakes are childsplay. install a turbo kit, swap a head. there is the real satisfaction.
Old 01-09-2006
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XSRCivic
intakes are childsplay. install a turbo kit, swap a head. there is the real satisfaction.
that or install a system with 4 awg install kit with ALL new speaker wire run throughout the car, custom sub box, custom interior, revinyled doors and rear (on a 2door is a f*cking bitch!), kick panel speakers, install power windows, power locks, etc.

Now that your started on diys, it's an addiction, but it's a satisfaction that rivals sex....i always feel like that little kid at the end of tv shows that says "I made this"
Old 01-09-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yea i agree. nothin puts me in a better mood than sex and doing stuff to the car. and food too hahaha
Old 01-09-2006

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Spracto
everything i've done to that car besides the deck i did myself
it feels good to DIY
well looking at your modification list looks like the only thing that actually requires a screwdriver is your short shift adapter.
Old 01-09-2006
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
now if only i could put a new sub in while eating and having sex.....
THREESOME IN THE GARAGE!
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

at least it didn't take 10 hours like the intake on my RSX....ugh

hehe yes my experience is minimal but two intakes and short shifter, well everybody has got to start somewhere. I really want to take on the Ex head swap so i can have Vtec, not without some helpe though.
Old 01-10-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
another DIY done! Woot woot! Have a beer!

I just love the feeling.
Old 01-10-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
my favorite part of my SRI is I can now replace both headlights without touching anything else. And the bulb on the battery side (passanger side) just burnt out. SRI gave me room so I did not need to waste a 1/2 hour taking the battery out in a cold garage and putting it back in. Then resetting the clock and all my HU settings.
Old 01-10-2006

yea i agree with diskreet. it gave me space to work on everything ahaaha
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

yeah the space that the stock air box takes up is ridiculous