General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

two hot concepts by chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BtheCarp is an unknown quantity at this point
two hot concepts by chrysler

Chrysler has released photos of two concepts they will be showing at the Detroit Auto Show this year; the Imperial and the Challenger.

Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

aznrocka is an unknown quantity at this point
That Challenger looks sweet and that Imperial looks pretty nice too
Old 01-04-2006
soooon to be psshh

kimchi29 is an unknown quantity at this point
not really diggin either
Old 01-04-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
nice...im a fan of the challenger (my friend has an original 427 hemi challenger from 64) and that new one looks good...the imperial is nice cuz of the rear suicide door
Old 01-04-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
The imperial's doors are neat. The car itself resembles a tank.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

well they say that the imperial is to be above the 300 in price but from the way they talk about as being affordable luxury I wouldn't expect pricing to start higher than $35-40k
Old 01-04-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ from what i see the imperial is nothing but a more suited up 300c, just like the 300c is to charger.

challenger is also derived from the charger.

damn everything is all the same. magnum-charger-300c-challenger-imperial.

it's actually a smart marketing move, produce 5 cars out of 1 chassis to save money. LOL.
Old 01-04-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
#1 - congrats dodge, you can revert to your not-as-fvcking-ugly-as-todays-american-cars style like ford. wow. :rolls eyes:
#2 - dont try to mimic rolls royce if you are a sh!tty american car manufacturer. it makes you looks stupid.
Old 01-04-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I don't like that Imperial at all.That Challenger is going too sell like Hotcakes
Old 01-04-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
"Our future looks bleak, lets look to the past..."

or the exact opposite

"Ang hindi lumingon sa pinanggalingan
hindi makakarating sa paruruonan."
(You have to know where you're coming from to know where you're going)

Either way, they should stop the whole retro thing. Out of the two, I like the Challenger more. I think the Imperial is out of proportion some how. It might need to be longer, or lower... or I don't know, but it isn't straight up ugly.

Damn, they even copied the logo! That reminds me of the cheating kid that copied the name too!
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

BassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
nice...im a fan of the challenger (my friend has an original 427 hemi challenger from 64) and that new one looks good...the imperial is nice cuz of the rear suicide door
not to nit pick........but the Challenger had a 426 and wasn't released until 1970
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
first the fake bentley, now the fake rolls phantom, whats next? a fake maybach? wait, daimler chrysler makes that hahaha.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
love the challenger. if they put it into production it would be a tough pick between it and the stang.
Old 01-05-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Originally Posted by BassKadett
not to nit pick........but the Challenger had a 426 and wasn't released until 1970

typos i just called him and asked too its a 426 74 hemi he has, that thing is a mad beast...its painted orange and black and i do beleive its original from his grandfather when he first bought it new
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
it is very different from other cars today, the jap and euro styles are a bit over used.

But I think only a very little group of people will like this 2 concept style, and this group of people will be 80 years old soon.
Old 01-05-2006
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
damn, that challenger is fvcking beautiful
Old 01-05-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
yeh, that challenger is growing on me. very retro but chill looking. i would so take that over the mustang. mustangs only looked good on pics but in actual they don't look as appealing. hopefully this one is different.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

DAQIUN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Imperial looks like the 300c and the Challenger is so dang gon hot. i'd take that over the charger
Old 01-05-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Imperial looks like a Phantom wanna be but I like it... the Challenger looks pretty good... I just wanna see what the production cars look like cause they tend to look way different
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

the imperial is actually a remake of a car that goes back to the 30's if not older

1931 Chrysler CG Imperial Sedan

1961 Imperial

1993 Imperial

Note that chrysler has used a similiar badge to the bently one since the 30's

Last edited by BtheCarp; 01-05-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
Chrysler is usually good at keeping their concepts alive in the real versions. Not feeling the Imperial at all, but the Challenger is decent. As mentioned, it does look better than the Mustang, the Mustang really cheaped out in the interior, hopefully they dont do this to the Challenger.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

BassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
typos i just called him and asked too its a 426 74 hemi he has, that thing is a mad beast...its painted orange and black and i do beleive its original from his grandfather when he first bought it new
ahh. damn thats a nice ride. 2nd owner also? thats worth a LOT of money.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
I can definitely see that challenger painted in orange with a confederate flag on top and a big '01' on the side of it

Been a long time since Ive seen a domestic car that I like

Last edited by scrimp; 01-05-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-05-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Thats a charger though... not a challenger... but yeah they do look simular
Old 01-05-2006
Wicked Moderatuh

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Meh....not feeling them...
Old 01-05-2006
Banned

ok one question. if dodge knew that they would be putting out this coupe, then why the fvck did they just hold up on the name and named this the "Dodge Charger" as it should have been. Then, the 4 dr dodge charger out now should have been the dodge challenger. IDIOTS.... duh
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
ok one question. if dodge knew that they would be putting out this coupe, then why the fvck did they just hold up on the name and named this the "Dodge Charger" as it should have been. Then, the 4 dr dodge charger out now should have been the dodge challenger. IDIOTS.... duh

because you would have the same number of people complaining about a 4-door challenger as you do with the current charger