General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

defogger spray?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
defogger spray?

i was driving the other day with a full car (1 extra in front and 3 in the back) and it started to fog up like mad in the back windows. I blasted the defogger and tried to get the fog away but it wouldnt evaporate fast enough..

i was wondering if there were any sprays to spray on the windows to defog it permently (or less). I know that there are prodcuts such as hockey mask defogger and scuba defoggers but im not sure if they work the same way.

its beginning to annoy me because i cant really see out the window half the time. thanks in advance..!

MERRRY CHRISTMASS!
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
I dont know if theres any products that do it, I know on some of the higher end cars they put film on the front windhsheild to keep it from fogging. Kinda looks pixelated hard to get used to at first. Ive seen it in jags.

With fog, just remember this principal. Fog happens because the temperature outside is different from the temp inside.

Crack a window, get those vent strips so not as much wind/snow/rain get in. Do it in the back if you want your rear defrost.

Other then that for mild fog just open your windows should give you enough room to check your blindspots and mirrors. The back windsheild is convenient but not critical. Your side mirrors arnt that bad.
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
rainx anti-fog, you coulod get it in the wipes form or the spray bottle form. i bought some from walmart awhile back, they were great i didnt even run my defogger for the few months after i applied it. make sure you apply it consistently or you'll get fog spots on your windows. i believe the antifog stuff is the same as the stuff you in ski or swimming goggles. merry christmas

Last edited by mrchowmein; 12-25-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
you can always spit all over ur windows than wipe it off...thats what i do when i go scuba diving...it keeps the lenses from fogging up but rain-x stuff works best
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
lol...thats nasty...what if your spit gets in your eye??
well thanks alot...but where would you get rain-x products?? i tried searching wal-mart website and canadian tire website (im from canada) but no results..
anywhere else?? thankss
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

c kim is an unknown quantity at this point
Just go to your local walmart and look for it there in the automotive section. The rain-x anti fog at my store was right beside the wiper blades, not near the other auto glass cleaners.
Just a suggestion but the bottle it comes in is a little squirt type bottle. I transferred mine over to a spray bottle. Just an empty bottle of hairspray or try finding something smaller. it's easier to apply and doesn't waste it, as it would if I squirted it onto a cloth.