General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Do you use cruise control?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starstryke is an unknown quantity at this point
hrmm... uphill my cruise (when it was working) would start vtec sooner... maybe I should go to 90 on the freeway, save those settings with my cruise control then in town if someone wants to drag maybe I'll win since vtec at least feels like it kicks in sooner.
Old 12-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
I use it all the time, when on the freeway.
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point
I use it most of the time on freeway. On flat region is ok, and get better MPG but on hills no. For hills better go by constant "load" not constant speed.
Old 12-07-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
I only use it when my GF is doing her thing
Old 12-07-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i use it all the time on long trips. no reason not to.
people on the interstate who dont use it are terribly annoying
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by nick95673
to say its a hazard is a joke. its not auto-pilot its cruise control. If cruise control is a safety hazard you shouldnt be driving. all it does is steady your speed not one thing more. I hate when people dont use it on 2 lane highways that dont have turn outs for 20 mile stretches. the land is perfectly flat yet 1 minute the c*nt in fron of you is going 65 the next minute they are going 50.
You said it man. I cant stand people that DONT use it on the highways. It drives me nuts when I set mine at 75, and I end up passing the same idiots 4 or 5 times because they constantly speed up then slow down, speed up then slow down. Drives me insane. Just pick a damn speed and set it. If you have it, might as well use it.
Old 12-07-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i can keep good speed within a few mph without cruise. Its all about who pays attention while driving (i know most don't).
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by nick95673
to say its a hazard is a joke. its not auto-pilot its cruise control. If cruise control is a safety hazard you shouldnt be driving. all it does is steady your speed not one thing more. I hate when people dont use it on 2 lane highways that dont have turn outs for 20 mile stretches. the land is perfectly flat yet 1 minute the c*nt in fron of you is going 65 the next minute they are going 50.

I hate this!!!^ If u suck too much at driving that your speed changes between 60 and 75 and you dont realize it, then you my friend need to use your crusie control. People will pass me when I'm going 65 and then 2 miles down the road i'm passing them with my cruise on going the same speed and they will b doing 62 and when they see me they will speed up thinking im playing some game with them...... they dont even look at what speed their goin most of the time
Old 12-08-2005
Registered!!

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Kyle23
I hate this!!!^ If u suck too much at driving that your speed changes between 60 and 75 and you dont realize it, then you my friend need to use your crusie control. People will pass me when I'm going 65 and then 2 miles down the road i'm passing them with my cruise on going the same speed and they will b doing 62 and when they see me they will speed up thinking im playing some game with them...... they dont even look at what speed their goin most of the time
Yep. I have same experience.
I do use cruise control, so I can be more relaxed and pay much more attention to the trafic then watching the spedometer and the higway patrols. I obey the highh speed limits 99.9% and even lover the spedd belowe that in certain situations, specialy the lower speed limits 25-35 MPH (obey 100%).
Old 12-08-2005
Registered!!

a4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura about
cruise control isnt that good
Old 12-08-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
i use it for every meet i go to, except for the mini one in my hometown, and whenever i do long driving (to long beach, san diego, mariposa, san francisco...)
Old 12-08-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
i use it 2 keep outta tickets
Old 12-08-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
i usually use it on drives longer than a hour. once i used it going 80mph for 100 miles following a volvo which also used cruise control.
Old 12-08-2005
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn all these guys who only use it if the trip is like an hour or 100 miles. I use mine every weekend since i drive like 28 miles to see my girlfriend. I just set it to about 80 and i'm there in no time.
Old 12-08-2005
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont got CC lol, the sparco doesnt allow it
Old 12-08-2005
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
huh? your seats don't allow it? i'm confused. someone enlighten me. please
Old 12-08-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Spracto
huh? your seats don't allow it? i'm confused. someone enlighten me. please
sparco steering wheel possibly? that didnt go way over your head
Old 12-08-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
what does cruise have to do with seats or a steering wheel.
Old 12-12-2005
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
i think he means that his cruise control button was originally on his steering wheel, and since he replaced it with a sparco steering wheel, he can't use it anymore.
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

ya the sparco STEERING WHEEL is not equipt with a CC option Well at least not the sparco one i got.
Old 12-15-2005
Prince of Persia

yea, see i gotcho back! ahaha
Old 12-15-2005
Premium Member

lol the stock controls can be attached to the wheel or just moved somewhere. its only wires and buttons
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

ya but you will have to see the wheel im talking about....it just wouldnt look good. I know i could have mounted it elsewhere but the thing about that is......i didnt want to waste another 5 mins after installing my steering wheel, headers, front upper strut bar, and sparco pedals. I was in one of those im ready to drive now moods! And thanks Yoshie!
Old 12-15-2005
Premium Member

ya i would've left it off too
Old 12-15-2005
Prince of Persia

i have a cruise control.... control... under the air vent on the left hand side of the dash, and another control unit on the steering wheel. is that a feature of the ex or did the previous owner have plans for a new steering wheel?
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by landonab
On long drives, I'm all about cruise control and relaxing.
Old 12-15-2005
that little dude

slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
No way in hell I was going to drive all the way to Canada without cruise, that sounds like hell to me, lol.
I only use it when there is barely any traffic, on the interstate during long trips. So basically, 90% of the time, its NOT used.

If you are using cruise and are driving close to someone, and you rear end them, YOU SUCK AT DRIVING!
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Yoshiemaster
i have a cruise control.... control... under the air vent on the left hand side of the dash, and another control unit on the steering wheel. is that a feature of the ex or did the previous owner have plans for a new steering wheel?
The one on the left enables you to turn on the cruise control and the one on the steering wheel is used to activate it and set the speed of the cruise.
Old 12-15-2005
Premium Member

i don't have cruise button

Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

^ what is that?

Quick Reply: Do you use cruise control?