General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

9th gen civic?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005
spoolin by you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoolin should not be trustedSpoolin should not be trusted
9th gen civic?

so now that the 8thgen is out, what do you guys think the 9th will be like? will it be even headvier but more powerful? possibly a 250hp si or a CTR in the future?
Old 10-03-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
that's 5 years from now, buddy. you got a lot of thinking ahead of you
Old 10-03-2005
Show me your titties, I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!!!

SilverStreakEX is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah wow slow it down there a bit
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
i bet its gonna be more futuristic than ever....lol...

electronics owns ya!
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

jer2k is an unknown quantity at this point
9th gen civic will drive itself
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
9thgen will probably be ultra-gas efficiant, if not hydrogen-run or solar powered or something

I'd think that it would have far less HP than the 8thgen. Like 60 hp or something... if gas is in short demand NOW, how short will it be in demand in 5 years from now?
Old 10-03-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Man... by then cars will be able to fly.
Old 10-03-2005
Got Bags?

HondaNation is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spoolin
so now that the 8thgen is out, what do you guys think the 9th will be like? will it be even headvier but more powerful? possibly a 250hp si or a CTR in the future?
Old 10-03-2005
Banned

SavoroaX is on a distinguished road
Like my history teacher says, only place your gonna find a gas powered car is in a museum in 10-20 years
Old 10-03-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SavoroaX
Like my history teacher says, only place your gonna find a gas powered car is in a museum in 10-20 years

i really doubt it... what about all the restored classics people own...

gas will get more expensive but it will never truely disapear... and what ever replaces it will be expensive when it first comes out too
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
it'll be hydrogen, mark my work
Old 10-03-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by LowSky
i really doubt it... what about all the restored classics people own...

gas will get more expensive but it will never truely disapear... and what ever replaces it will be expensive when it first comes out too
^^True...
I think by then, the Vics will have around 300HP and be AWD...lol, with a CF fuselage and the option of retractable landing gears right after take off! Yeah!!

Last edited by cubanmike26; 10-03-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

kismylx will become famous soon enough
by then civic's will finally have factory HID headlights
Old 10-03-2005
spoolin by you

Spoolin should not be trustedSpoolin should not be trusted
Originally Posted by kismylx
the 7thgen CTR already does....
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

kismylx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Spoolin
the 7thgen CTR already does....
is that 7gen ctr even avialable in the U.S its probaly a canadian model but not the U.S model anytime soon
Old 10-03-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
is that 7gen ctr even avialable in the U.S its probaly a canadian model but not the U.S model anytime soon
CTR...Civic Type R...in Europe and Japan and everywhere else except for the US
Old 10-03-2005
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
It's a CIVIC, Guys...... it'll never happen.
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

Roosbok is an unknown quantity at this point
The LX will probably have a 6 speaker sound system, 17 inch wheels, but still no variable intermittent wipers.
Old 10-03-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully, the clutch won't squeek!
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bluestreak
you do know that hydrogen cars actaully use up more energy then gas powered cars?

its takes more power to split the H2O molecule to produce hydrogen then it does to run a regular car engine now. Hydrogen powered cars is a great idea because it does not pollute the enviorment when it burns up but when you account the amount of energy it takes for nuclear power plants to split the H2O molecule from hydrogen its not that great of an idea.

remember, no energy is free....

as of today there is no one single solution to cut down on fossil fuel usage. there are a lot of ideas like hydrogen powered cars but there is a lot more to it... do some research if you're interested in the details.
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

meseetree is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
you do know that hydrogen cars actaully use up more energy then gas powered cars?

its takes more power to split the H2O molecule to produce hydrogen then it does to run a regular car engine now. Hydrogen powered cars is a great idea because it does not pollute the enviorment when it burns up but when you account the amount of energy it takes for nuclear power plants to split the H2O molecule from hydrogen its not that great of an idea.

as of today there is no one single solution to cut down on fossil fuel usage. there are a lot of ideas like hydrogen powered cars but there is a lot more to it... do some research if you're interested in the details.

that's very true

plus what happens when you wreck and the tank explodes in a H2O powered car anyone ever see it
it's not pretty BIG explosion
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by meseetree
that's very true

plus what happens when you wreck and the tank explodes in a H2O powered car anyone ever see it
it's not pretty BIG explosion

yea, Hindenburg should always come to mind....

but i think they would be able to engineer a safeway to contain the H from exploded during an accident. but thats besides the point thats H powered cars are not as nearly efficeint as people think they are.
Old 10-03-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
FVCK i just spent like 10 minutes typing stuff and sever was too busy to post it so i lost it............................ derek you owe me ten minutes of life.
jk lol but dam

anyways i think it will have some sort of awd stabilitrac system and auto/manual tranny with possible paddles like on the rx-8 with 4 wheel discs, leather heated seats.... 150hp base, 220 si 245 type r ...... maybe standard navigation..... i had more ideas but these are all for top of the line civics in around 2010............
theyll also add a crazy monkey in the trunk and as an option the 7thgen ninja club will guard your car at night.

btw

IN SOVIET RUSSIA ROAD FORKS YOU!
Old 10-03-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bluestreak
marked.

you better be right...
Old 10-03-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
the hindenburg was covered in iron oxide and aluminum paint, which was the main contributing factor to the hindenburgs disaster, because when hydrogen is added, it is basically rocket fuel. and hydrogen powered cars use fuel cells, not like a tank of hydrogen... right now i think the best way to make hydrogen is to obtain it or make it from fossil fuels somehow. you can also get it from water by passing an electric current through it. anywho...
the next civic will be a bicycle that runs on emotions.
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
http://science.slashdot.org/article....38204&from=rss

it was in the canadian gazette. Their test vehicle was a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The gas mileage was 10% better than without the module, and the emissions were zero.

there is supposed to be 12 years of R&D in this.

the module is only the size of a home DVD player.

Watch the news in a year, the first models will be tested on canadian shipping trucks. The inventor claims he will not be selling the unit for much money. His goal is to be bartering the units for kyoto protocal pollution credits.

guess how long itll take for that guy to be selling those credits for a fortune, even after selling the hydro generation units for a song? :/

And since no Hydrogen is actually stored on board, there are no problems with explosions, there are no problems with high pressure tanks. no more is made than is used. Simply fill the unit with DI water every 80 hours of drive time.

your turbo kit cost more than he plans to retail his module for
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

lowther420 is an unknown quantity at this point
GAS - They are ripping us off

. Some folks at Shell Oil Co. wrote "Fuel Economy of the Gasoline Engine" (ISBN 0-470-99132-1); it was published by John Wiley & Sons, New York, in 1977. On page 42 Shell Oil quotes the President of General Motors, he, in 1929, predicted 80 MPG by 1939. Between pages 221 and 223 Shell writes of their achievements: 49.73 MPG around 1939; 149.95 MPG with a 1947 Studebaker in 1949; 244.35 MPG with a 1959 Fiat 600 in 1968; 376.59 MPG with a 1959 Opel in 1973. The Library of Congress (LOC), in September 1990, did not have a copy of this book. It was missing from the files. I bought my copy from Maryland Book Exchange around 1980 after a professor informed me that it was used as an engineering text at the University of West Virginia.

This is just a little insert from a longer article
The link is here - read it - youll be amazed

http://byronw.www1host.com/
Old 10-04-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Heh... yeah, the CTR have them but... CTR is another league. I think kismylx here means every model (DX/VP owners unite! lol )

Originally Posted by Roosbok
The LX will probably have a 6 speaker sound system, 17 inch wheels, but still no variable intermittent wipers.
Which means the DX will have power windows and locks! Yay!
Wait... 8th gen has them now, right?
D'oh!

Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo

Interesting, interesting. Thanks for the facts. And a solution for not using fossil fuel: the sun. Using solar power will not use up the sun... the sun uses itself up.

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
theyll also add a crazy monkey in the trunk and as an option the 7thgen ninja club will guard your car at night.

Originally Posted by modoman
the next civic will be a bicycle that runs on emotions.
Uhm... you mean something like these two joined?
This is your bicycle (more like an ATV though... although not so apealling)... Toyota PM (Personal Mobility) (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/toyota-pm.htm)

And this is your car that runs on emotions... Toyota POD (Power of Driving) (It actually doesn't run on emotions, it just changes the color of the strange lines on front, sides and back so people can know you're pissed off at them for almost crashing into you... Oh, and the headlights have some kind of weird cover that changes acording to mood, also, so a "mad" car looks like it is really pissed! ...Second picture... )

Originally Posted by lowther420
. Some folks at Shell Oil Co. wrote "Fuel Economy of the Gasoline Engine" (ISBN 0-470-99132-1); it was published by John Wiley & Sons, New York, in 1977. On page 42 Shell Oil quotes the President of General Motors, he, in 1929, predicted 80 MPG by 1939. Between pages 221 and 223 Shell writes of their achievements: 49.73 MPG around 1939; 149.95 MPG with a 1947 Studebaker in 1949; 244.35 MPG with a 1959 Fiat 600 in 1968; 376.59 MPG with a 1959 Opel in 1973. The Library of Congress (LOC), in September 1990, did not have a copy of this book. It was missing from the files. I bought my copy from Maryland Book Exchange around 1980 after a professor informed me that it was used as an engineering text at the University of West Virginia.

This is just a little insert from a longer article
The link is here - read it - youll be amazed

http://byronw.www1host.com/
Thanks. Interesting. Will read.

Darn, it took me 28 minutes to edit my post! lol

Last edited by ramcosca; 10-04-2005 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Add content + pictures
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ramcosca

Interesting, interesting. Thanks for the facts. And a solution for not using fossil fuel: the sun. Using solar power will not use up the sun... the sun uses itself up.

Solar power is not as efficient as you think. It actaully only produces about 5% of usable energy. In order to make serious use of solar energy we would have to cover a big part of the earth in solar farms which would do more hard then good.
Old 10-04-2005
iwu
Registered!!

iwu is an unknown quantity at this point
There's a significant problem with comparing those insane MPG numbers in contests to a vehicle that needs to be driven in all manner of conditions.

You can make a car right now that will get 1000mpg on flat ground if you wanted, but the problem is climbing hills, accelerating to hwy speeds, performing accident avoiding moves, and even carying more weight such as luggage.

You can't just make a car that would end up falling backwards down a mountain because it's driver made a mistake. Hybrid electric is the best tech we have right now, our future rests in making better batterys and better generators to charge them, also more efficient electrical motors.

You CAN make an 80mpg car right now, but if the vehicle was asked to climb a hill with a load of people and luggage, it might not make it, after all, it needs to be safe enough to drive on the road with a semi truck, and light enough to allow the engine to be efficient, and cheap enough so people will buy it (no fair cheating and making everything carbon fiber which prices everyone out).