General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Might buy STi??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Might buy STi??

Recently I came acorss, by total accident, a local dude whose selling his 04 STi. I did a little searching and found this he is a frequent member at nasioc.com so I searched for his posts to see if he beats the hell out of the car. Judging by his posts he seems to be very into his car, does not beat on it at all and really takes care of it. He basically treats his car like I treated mine which is a very big plus.

Included with the car is a Subaru of America bumper/bumper warrenty until 2009 and upto 60k miles which is also a big plus.

One thing I'm concerned about is that the car has 31k miles. Do you guys think 31k miles for a car like an STi is too much??

Let me know, thanks.
Old 09-18-2005
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
31k miles is not tooo bad. But it all depend on how much he is selling the car.
Old 09-18-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
depends on the price. if its good, do it. plus, 31k might be high, it depends on how much you will drive it yourself. if you are like me, driving 3k miles a month, i wouldnt do it.
Old 09-18-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
31k is almost like new! go for it if the price is good.
Old 09-18-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i've seen pics of the car........go for it
Old 09-18-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
for me the price of an STi i would rather get a pontiac GTO 6 spd...my first mod would be to change the bumpers to a Vauxhall monaro XCR style and get rid of that ugly pontiac front...it has a 400hp corvette LS2 6.0 heh

for u tho it depends on the price..and 31k miles is very low and good
Old 09-18-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the gto is NICE wow
Old 09-18-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
31K miles is not bad..... I would kind of assume that the owner used it for a decent amount of highway driving with 31K in 1-2 years.
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
So how much is it? lol
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

wheamahm0n3yat is an unknown quantity at this point
31k is good.... buy it if its going for a good price....
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Just got back from checking the car out and its in really good shape. The owner seemed like a dude who took care of the car and he is in his 30s. The clutch is very stiff and the car look very clean. He has all the maintence records and the extended warrenty.

The price is about $23,000.

I'm calling insurence tommorow and if they don't fvck me too bad I'm pretty sure I'll get it.
Old 09-18-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
Just got back from checking the car out and its in really good shape. The owner seemed like a dude who took care of the car and he is in his 30s. The clutch is very stiff and the car look very clean. He has all the maintence records and the extended warrenty.

The price is about $23,000.

I'm calling insurence tommorow and if they don't fvck me too bad I'm pretty sure I'll get it.
sholdnt the price be lower for a salvaged car?
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
sholdnt the price be lower for a salvaged car?

Where did I say the car is salvaged? Everything is as clean as a whistle.
Old 09-18-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i agree 31k is close enough to new to not car cause of a good deal. its a great mileage to buy at (lol i got my civic at 36k for a great price in like new condition!)
If the price is right its a good idea. and in the winter, which we may never get to up here in PA with all this warm weather, it will help a lot.
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

Any more thoughts, opinions, inputs?

I'm checking with my insurence company tommorow and if its gonna be what I think its gonan be I'll most likely buy it.

What do you guys think abotu the price?
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

prawdigy is an unknown quantity at this point
That is a really good price, I am in the market for a wrx, but the price was too much, I was looking for used ones as well- 2004, and they were 19,000-22,000 with similar mileage. So you are getting a really good deal if you do get it.
Old 09-18-2005
Wicked Moderatuh

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
KBB has the 2004 WRX STI w/ 31k miles going for $22,660 so everything sounds about right...
Old 09-18-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i honestly done like stis much but they are like the flavor of the year so to speak. evos were for a while, now stis are more popular. 06 should see the evo ahead again with the nasty new sti.

either way it IS a great car for the money, but its just not my style. (neither is the evo)
I would not complain if I had an EVO or STI though, but for that much I could make one hell of an RSX or 06 eclipse!
Old 09-18-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
for me the price of an STi i would rather get a pontiac GTO 6 spd...my first mod would be to change the bumpers to a Vauxhall monaro XCR style and get rid of that ugly pontiac front...it has a 400hp corvette LS2 6.0 heh

for u tho it depends on the price..and 31k miles is very low and good
YES...the monaro/gto is a beast. did you see that episode of top gear, the last one if the season? nothing but good things about the car.

oh, and hustle, watch out for the mpg, ive heard of people getting 12 mpg city, which kinda sucks right now at 3.00+ for premium.
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by fraga
KBB has the 2004 WRX STI w/ 31k miles going for $22,660 so everything sounds about right...

Yea, thats what he is going by also... but don't forget that the car has a bumper/bumper Subaru of America extended warrenty which was about an extra $2,000. I don;t think that deal is great but it is deifnatly fair so hopefully if insurnce doesnt fvck me like I have a feeling it will I'll get it.
Old 09-18-2005
Chicks dig my scent

civicskater is an unknown quantity at this point
id say go for it, i love subaru's though. I should be getting an 04 wrx in a month if everything works out (mainly with gas and my job). But if you can afford it, i say go for it. AWD, all the power you could want, 4 doors, sounds great,
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
My brother has been looking at stis and wrxs for months now, and that sounds like an excellent deal.
Oh yeah and its going to be his first car, what a little bastard, he is going to get an 06' wrx!
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

EX4Dr is an unknown quantity at this point
In this case the high mileage is mostly likely a good thing. If he put 31K on it in a year, then it is mostly likely all highway miles. I would take it over a car with only 10K miles on it. The odds are the higher mileage car will have less wear than the lower mileage car.
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Yeah it really sounds like a good buy, I will ask my brother about it and get back to ya.
Old 09-18-2005
Premium Member

thats only 5k more than my car! With all the mods I spent on it, I could've had an sti?!
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by EX4Dr
In this case the high mileage is mostly likely a good thing. If he put 31K on it in a year, then it is mostly likely all highway miles. I would take it over a car with only 10K miles on it. The odds are the higher mileage car will have less wear than the lower mileage car.
He actually purchased the car in the middle of 2003... he had it on order to be one of the first to get them. So he is avergaing about 15k per year which is very realistic.

Another major plus is that he is a regular over at nasioc.com and I looked up a lot of his posts and he seems to take care of the car well.... by the looks of it the car is in really good shape.

We'll see though, I'm a little worried that insurence is gonan fvck me, I just have that feeling for some reason.
Old 09-18-2005
Premium Member

jcem will become famous soon enoughjcem will become famous soon enough
Man, if you can afford the gas and insurance DO IT!!! 31k is nothing if it was maintained half decent - plus the extended warranty =
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

repost
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

Well considering how much power the car has, it will not kill you that bad, more like a bad beating. You can upgrade everything too and get some serious power, and be paying less than some guy in a gto.
I asked my brother and he said it is a really good deal, especially because you are so lucky to know how he drove it. He has been looking for like a year now, for like 3 hours everyday, so he has seen many many deals on stis. He thought I found the deal and got excited cause he thought he could might get it. I keep telling him to just stick with a wrx, sti is overkill for a 16 yearold, insureance is just one reason.
Old 09-18-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
I would buy it at that price immediately if the car looks in good shape. Well at least u spyed on him and read his posts about how he took care of his car.

Quick Reply: Might buy STi??