General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

V-8 V-tec

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
V-8 V-tec

anyone think the v-8 v-tec will be too big for the engine bay of the 7th gen civic when they start production?

If it's not I wanna try that swap hehe...hopefully the chasis and the frame and sus can hold it
Old 09-06-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
where would you get v-8 vtec cams? and it could fit if you took out everything else. like everything. and i you would need rienforcement for the chasis, and suspension. and what do you mean when they start production of the 7th gen? i don't understand
Old 09-06-2005

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MajinB
where would you get v-8 vtec cams? and it could fit if you took out everything else. like everything. and i you would need rienforcement for the chasis, and suspension. and what do you mean when they start production of the 7th gen? i don't understand

I meant when they start production of the engine...not the 7th gen civic...I know we're on the 8th gen civics duhr....

cams would come with the engine

i wouldn't mind taking out everything else hehe...who needs brakes?

read that R&D starts 2007-8 production starts 2009
Old 09-06-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
honda is making a v8?
Old 09-06-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I'd have to vote that Honda will never release a v-8 and if they did, I'd say it woulden't have vtec. Sure some "article" may say they will, but if you look at their track record, evidence points the other way.
Old 09-06-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
why do people put the hyphen in vtec? is it supposed to be there?
Old 09-06-2005

i don't see a hyphen in "vtec"...
Old 09-06-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Nope, but then again "Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control" sure has alot more letter that VTEC in it LOL
Old 09-06-2005

monty001 will become famous soon enoughmonty001 will become famous soon enough
It would be VVTLEC. hmmm....so whats the Ridgeline? is it a v6? I thought it was in competition with the Tundra's.

Edit: oh yeah it's a SOHC V6.
Old 09-06-2005

Originally Posted by infinite012
why do people put the hyphen in vtec? is it supposed to be there?

I'm just trying to fit in *Cries*
Old 09-06-2005

Originally Posted by monty001
It would be VVTLEC. hmmm....so whats the Ridgeline? is it a v6? I thought it was in competition with the Tundra's.

Edit: oh yeah it's a SOHC V6.

3.5 v-6 sounds good with a borla exhaust
Old 09-06-2005

Originally Posted by Shroomster
3.5 v-6 sounds good with a borla exhaust
sound better than a vq35de?
Old 09-06-2005

^^nothing does
Old 09-06-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
yeah just get the V6 from an accord or a 6 from the tl/nsx or any other acura that has one if you can afford. the CL engine should be easier to get now. that would probably fit with HEAVY modding.
Old 09-06-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
^^nothing does
wrong. nothing japanese sounds better than an RB26DETT. Only thing close is the RB30DETT hybrid but thats not a production engine.
Old 09-06-2005

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=319284

yeah like those who also figured the new generation of the legend max is upon us haha

LM engine click on pic 19
Old 09-06-2005

actually it's a personal preferance. So you can talk your "wrong." and shove it!

Old 09-06-2005
Banned

MiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by infinite012
honda is making a v8?
the f1 honda is a v8 vtec.

mmmmmm....15,000 rpm.....drools.....
Old 09-06-2005

Originally Posted by MiamiUgen7
the f1 honda is a v8 vtec.

mmmmmm....15,000 rpm.....drools.....
now try getting one. despite the at least $50,000+ price tag you will NEVER get one. They wouldnt let you.
Old 09-06-2005

screw engine codes...if it makes a rumble that can make you forget to breathe.........its all good
Old 09-06-2005

Originally Posted by Shroomster
screw engine codes...if it makes a rumble that can make you forget to breathe.........its all good
to clarify
vq35de - Nissan 350Z/Infinity G35 engine: 3.5 L
RB26DETT - Nissan Skyline GTR engine: 2.6 L Twin Turbo
RB30DET - Nissan RB26 modified to 3.0 L Turbo setup

"The RB30DET is a hybrid of the Nissan RB series It is custom made by specalist tuners"

for all the RB series engines go here:
http://www.meggala.com/nissanrb3.html
Old 09-06-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
I'd have to vote that Honda will never release a v-8 and if they did, I'd say it woulden't have vtec. Sure some "article" may say they will, but if you look at their track record, evidence points the other way.
uh. they already announced the successor to the NSX is a V-10 powered sports car.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102981

Last edited by S2000man01; 09-06-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-06-2005

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 09-06-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
they already announced it. i added a link. 2008 is the release. in case you haven't realized, honda, particularly the CEO, doesn't announce something unless it's a certainty. this is in large, due to the stock holders. honda could get in trouble for saying such a thing when it's just a myth or rumor.

this is not some rumor that car mags have heard, or some other BS. this came straight from the CEO of honda.
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102981
Old 09-06-2005

I mean like see with my own 2 eyes. I'm always skeptical of everything, including putting bread in the toaster
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

RydDragyn is an unknown quantity at this point
The V-8 will be made for the Ridgeline truck. Want reputable sources? It's been in every major mag - Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Road and Track. Even if it WERE at rumor stage, it'd be pretty credible. The Ridgeline needs a V8 to compete better with the Titan and American-made (by which I really mean "hecho en mexico") trucks.
Old 09-06-2005

I mean like see with my own 2 eyes. I'm always skeptical of everything, including putting bread in the toaster

I think you fit in with the people who never thought you could mate a "dodge viper engine with a motorcycle" concept.....

yeah thats a real fake *** skid mark hehe
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

mad_ox1 will become famous soon enough
Reputable car mags?!? MT has been saying we will be getting a CTR since the mid 90's. They also said there would be an Si sedan offered in '06. At this point them saying it makes it less likely to happen.
The legend MAX is just a concept car built by mugen, not even honda. The V8 in it is a mugen piece.
Fukui has announced the V10 NSX.
F1 engines are 3 liter V10's. Next year they will be switching to 2.4 V8's. The current engine is over 19,000 RPM and in testing the smaller V8's are over 20,000.
Old 09-06-2005

Originally Posted by mad_ox1
Reputable car mags?!? MT has been saying we will be getting a CTR since the mid 90's. They also said there would be an Si sedan offered in '06. At this point them saying it makes it less likely to happen.
The legend MAX is just a concept car built by mugen, not even honda. The V8 in it is a mugen piece.
Fukui has announced the V10 NSX.
F1 engines are 3 liter V10's. Next year they will be switching to 2.4 V8's. The current engine is over 19,000 RPM and in testing the smaller V8's are over 20,000.

what you're saying is that mugen is not a part of honda?

isn't that like saying AMG is not part of mercedes... TRD is not part of Toyota...??? why base everything on just MT? and actually the engine is a honda engine built by mugen...how do you think steve saleen designs saleen mustangs? using a suzuki motor?

let everyone say there piece no need to rip one person to make a statement thats why this is a non biased thread and website everyone speaks their mind....
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

ferio is an unknown quantity at this point
that's funny.. ive always thought that mugen and honda were 2 separate companies. not like trd-toyta, mitsu-ralliart, AMG-mercedes, etc.... i thought it was more like porshe and RUF (modifies porsche's but not really a part of Porsche's company)

Last edited by ferio; 09-06-2005 at 09:50 PM.

Quick Reply: V-8 V-tec