General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

94 eclipse - project

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zdrews21 is an unknown quantity at this point
94 eclipse - project

i have the opportunity to buy a 94 mits eclipse gs.... it does not run due to electrical problems but owner claims the engine is good... i can get it for like $500 within the next 2 weeks... i mean i have my civ but my dad owns it and wont let me do sh*t to it till he gives it to me after college (3-4 more years) or i can go ahead and start a project car myself... and it will be mine... ALL MINE!!! so what do you guys think? would it be worth it? and what should i do to get the engine checked out to see if it is good?
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

White05EXSE is an unknown quantity at this point
DO IT! 500 for a 94 mitsu frame, if the engine is no good, you get a new one. it'll be a project, man.
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend in modesto has the same car , he was wanting to sell his aswell because the computer went bad.
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

Zdrews21 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i'm calling the guy tomrrow to set up a meeting to see the car.... im bringing along one of my buds (mechanic at local shop) he might not even be able to tell whats wrong but it stil nice to have some that kinda konws what their doin take a look
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

rsxlover334 is an unknown quantity at this point
get a get a 4g63t it will be better off in the long run
Old 07-31-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
^how much more exspensive would that be?

5 bills... good deal imo. i would take a real good look though at it. kind of one of those too good to be true deals. dont forget the paperwork and other legal documents as well. try not to get cheated
Old 07-31-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
dont get it IMO...i got my 95 2g eclipse running for $800...u wont be able to swap in a 4g63t and get it to run well...trust me i've done research and no one has successfully done it to a 1st or 2nd gen eclipse and got it running for more than a week...just too many complications...also if its not running its prolly junk...dont do it....btw non turbo eclipses are peices of ****...my friends gs-t is much better and runs better than my 2g rs auto...

Last edited by ragingSPAM; 07-31-2005 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-31-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i would get a 57-99 eclipse/talon turbo/turbo awd. either of them are good. but those cars are incredibly well know and easy to modify now with all the experience over the years. you can have an awesome eclipse turbo for about $5000 in great condition and maybe throw $3-$4 more into it and have it alot faster!
Old 07-31-2005
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
can have a fast car and will have a fast car are different. (This next statement is aimed at myself as well, b/c I forget too sometimes) YOU ARE NOT CHIP FOOSE OR JESSE JAMES. That car is cheap b/c it is junk, it would take an engine swap to get that car to perform decently and some mad wiring skills. Do you have these? Put the $500 in a CD. Sometimes I look at cheap cars like that and the Sport Compact Car part of my brain starts operating-but I remind myself that I don't have the expertise or the $$ (I'm in med school)
Old 07-31-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
dont get it IMO...i got my 95 2g eclipse running for $800...u wont be able to swap in a 4g63t and get it to run well...trust me i've done research and no one has successfully done it to a 1st or 2nd gen eclipse and got it running for more than a week...just too many complications...also if its not running its prolly junk...dont do it....btw non turbo eclipses are peices of ****...my friends gs-t is much better and runs better than my 2g rs auto...
My buddy has a 91 with a 4g63 turbo, and its fast as a mother****er. He is always working on it though. He built it from the ground up. It's funny to walk into his garage tripping over engines and ****. I think he has like 3 4g63's sitting in his garage.
Old 07-31-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Originally Posted by diskreet
i would get a 57-99 eclipse/talon turbo/turbo awd. either of them are good. but those cars are incredibly well know and easy to modify now with all the experience over the years. you can have an awesome eclipse turbo for about $5000 in great condition and maybe throw $3-$4 more into it and have it alot faster!

actually that would be a very bad condition turbo...as in salvage title and many leaks, noises, bad turbo and stuff like that for 5 grand...a nice turbo would go about 10-12k...i've looked into this too
Old 07-31-2005
Runumhard Or Go Home

bigainabuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a bike
Old 07-31-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by bigainabuilt
Get a bike