General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

should i????

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ls NoN Vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
should i????

sup ppl. i have a 89 civic hatchback with a b18b1 motor, i/h/e, plugs and wires, fuel injectors, and weight reduction. now my friend also has an 89 hatchback that is completly stock. he said he would trade me his car for mine and 400$. see his body doesnt have a ding or scratch on it. my body is ****ed to hell and back. also my motor has 60000 miles on it, but my body has 300000+ miles on it. his motor and body have 125000+ miles on it. see if i traded i was gonna get a b18 block and basically start from scratch and build a badass high compression jdm motor. i mean the body is definately worth it. what do yall think?
Old 07-14-2005
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
My recommendation would be to find out the cost to make your body like is and how much it would cost to make his car perform like your car.

Whichever is less is what i would recommend doing.

ex.
cost of your car to fix the body = $1000
cost to swap a motor in his car = $2000

i'd chose to fix the body on yours.
Old 07-14-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
if you think its worth what you have invested in your hatch, go for it...
how bad is your body messed up? rust or creases in the metal?
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Ls NoN Vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
the metal on the roof is strecthed pretty bad and it has hail damge out the *** and dings and dents everywhere. and also im not gonna pay for a motor swap me and some buddy's of mine are gonna drop it in ourselves.
Old 07-14-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
if you plan on keepin it for a while, its good to have a car that looks decent on the outside, so i guess i would probably do it... just weigh the pros and cons
Old 07-14-2005
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ls NoN Vtec
the metal on the roof is strecthed pretty bad and it has hail damge out the *** and dings and dents everywhere. and also im not gonna pay for a motor swap me and some buddy's of mine are gonna drop it in ourselves.
you'd still need to buy a motor for it. Thats what i mean.

does the cost of the new motor, mods, etc. offset the cost of doing the body work on your own car?
Old 07-14-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
id personally would keep with what you got. i could care less how damaged the body looks if i was building a performance/race car. and 60k miles is pretty low IMO for a motor. i think $400 is too steep for his offer.