General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Question for Those who Did Not Buy Their Car

Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
Question for Those who Did Not Buy Their Car

what im asking is how is it that YOU guys get your parents to allow you to modify it (not give you money to modify it) cause its nuts, i see really young kids driving around with relatively new cars that are modified to the max...
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
my parents paid for my car. But I dont have any mods that would void any warantys. although im about 2 get some performace springs that will prolly void the drive train waranty....oh, ive got a 2k4 civic coupe.
Old 07-13-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
I miss being young.....no wait I don't
Old 07-13-2005
unique conformist

dannn will become famous soon enough
my parents were supposed to buy me a car
but they took back the $10k they gave me and gave me my dads 01 sedan.
so i guess to make it up to me they dont care what i do to the car
but they wont let me sell it.
Old 07-13-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
my parents bought mine for me as a hs grad gift - only they gave it to me on valentines day before i graduated (just a coincidence about valentines day, my old 1990 chevy lumina broke down and i needed a car at the time)

how did i get them to let me modify it? well they don't really know too much about cars - so i saved them money for my flowmaster exhaust and told them it would boost my MPG by a ton! haha then i got the intake to also boost up my MPG and make it idle more smoothly. after that they really didn't ask much - well i didn't really tell them what i was doing to it after that.

then i moved out haha

the only thing they hate is it being lowered - this morning, in fact, as she was bringing me back to work (cuz i dropped my car off at honda) my mom even offered to pay to get me stock rims and to put my car back to stock height - i told her if she wanted to help me with my rims she could have my rims powdercoated lol
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
I miss being young.....no wait I don't
Amen!
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

jsw05exse is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think anyone should be given a car for graduating high school. if you cant graduate high school you are a moron!
Old 07-13-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jsw05exse
i dont think anyone should be given a car for graduating high school. if you cant graduate high school you are a moron!
I disagree, many of my friends from high school got full-ride scholarships to expensive colleges(University of Louisville and University of Kentucky mainly), which saved their parents probably somewhere between $50,000 to $100,00 depending on what their kid was going into. These kids are the ones that deserve a car for a graduation present(8 of my friends got new cars right before we graduated).
Old 07-13-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
hmm... I'm not 17 but I'm not 27..... hmm.... my dad enjoys the suspension mods... everything else he disliked.... helps if your parents enjoy car modding.
Old 07-13-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i just had my parents co-sign for my car. ive made every payment so far, and ive paid for everything ive done to it. i think my mom paid for gas once, thats all that hasnt been paid for by me.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
i bought my car and all the mods on it
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
just tell them stock oem parts are made cheaply on a civic.
so you gotta "fix" it to make it better.

that can be apply to any part of the car and should work every time.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
i leased.....didnt buy. didnt do anything that i couldnt convert back to stock. nothing voided.
Old 07-13-2005
Newbie Member

thomusvoo is on a distinguished road
got mine for my HS graduation

my mom doesnt really care what i do to it, as long as it runs, shes fine.
Old 07-13-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
i putt dwon 14k cash they are paying rest so i own most of it so my votes over rulle theres
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
hah, those are some good answers...with my older cars when i was younger i just did what i wanted to them and they dont care, and my dad is an old gear head himself so he doesnt mind, but it was just a curious question that came to mind
Old 07-13-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
damn ur guys' parents bought u a car for graduating? i got a rice cooker.....my mom's a hippy
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
I got my car for my b-day which happened to be a month before i got my license suspended for 120 day for failing to breath through a breathalizer. God it sucked, oh well just brought back good/bad memories.
As for mods and such my car is in my name so i can do anything i want to it, but the questions is will I?
Old 07-14-2005
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
I got my car after hs and 2 years of community college. When I transfered away from home my parents wanted me to have something safe and reliable with a warranty........so they got me the civic. I didn't mod it much while it was still in their name to keep them happy.............so that's why everything I've done to the car has prety much been in the last year.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

clrumivier4life is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm paying for a little more than half of my car ($3000 down, $100 a month). I made my dad well aware what I was planning on doing with this car. He's always supported everything I've done though, so maybe that helps.
Old 07-14-2005
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
I got mine for mi Birthday/Christmas/Graduating from Highschool, and they do let me mod it, they just say anything that happens to the car that is related to the mods, goes out of mi pocket....

Bue the do sometime surprise me with some little gifts, like Red H emblems, and other tid bits i apreciate alot....
Old 07-14-2005
This is not my batman glass!!

saugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trusted
u guys got new cars after gradutaing hs, i had to give money to my parents so they can buy a new car..
Old 07-14-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
car payments kill my mod budget... but its 100% my car
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
well i got a job the day i turned 14 and worked at burger king for a year, saved all my money, worked at a gast station til i turned 16 and i cold get a real job, and saved all my money, had $13,000 saved up, found the 02 civic, bought it for $9500 with 29K, and im still only 16, i can mod it if i want but ive only done small things so far, and right now im in trouble with the car cuz my synchronizer for 3rd gear went out so thats gonna cost upwards of $1000, so as soon as i get that fixed, exhaust and rims are gettin put on, i just need to make sure the car runs good b4 i do any more mods, but i paid for the car with all of my own money!
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
my parents bought my car...

they don't care about me modding it....cos' everything (mods) comes from my own pocket (work)
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

White05EXSE is an unknown quantity at this point
My parents bought mine as a graduation gift (got a full ride to University of Tennessee). They knew what I intended to do to it but they didn't expect it when I came home with intake, wheels, and exhaust. They tell me all the time the cops are watching, etc, etc. I just kinda started putting stuff on it and they never told me to take it off or took the car away.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
My mom bought me my civic for my graduation gift and my dad is doing all the body work on it as my graduation gift also but as for any mods I have to pay for it.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
the resion i got my car b/c i lived with my mom at the time and she only had one car and it was a hassal to take me to school and then go to her work every day so she got me a civic when i was in 11th grade.

my mom and dad dont care if i mod my car as long is it no illegal(my dad is a cop) and i pay for my car payment.
Old 07-14-2005
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
all i got was my mom to sign and i paid her some $$ as a thanks...and work my *** off for the school year and summer....i have almost no life...but worth it
Old 07-15-2005
Registered!!

03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
parents brought the car for my own personal use , so i don't have to share with them.

it my own car.. i can do whatever i want.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question for Those who Did Not Buy Their Car