General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Raced a civic with a b18swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jhonda has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Raced a civic with a b18swap

This weekend I got a call from a guy at ASI racing the same one who put my nx wet kit on. He told me to come up to his store and that there was this guy who wanted to race me...so I arrived at his shop and it was a 95 or so civic with ground effects slammed with a b18 swap with a (he said) 50 shot of nos, 15in wheels up frount and no ac. I knew I would get beat but it was cool.. We raced nice road long smooth to about a 100mph.. First time he didn't spray and I did.. I stayed right beside him till about 85 I was proud of my civic[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] . So we went back and did it again this time he sprayed [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] no need to say but he tore my [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] up. but if you have a nice set of tires, 55shot of nos you can beat a b18 swapped into a civic.. It was just like the movie F&F. I don't like coping that movie but its tight...
Old 01-27-2002
AB
Registered!!

AB is an unknown quantity at this point
the fact that he spent a couple thousand for a swap and you only spent a couple benjamins for NOS makes me wonder why there are so many posts about swapping in the first place... but oh well... i guess anyone who swaps need to compliment it with a bottle so that it won't get spanked by slower engines with bottles.

oh yeah.. nice race!
Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
With my friends 99 Civic Si with a B18C engine swap and Aftermarket internals and a Turbo kit I beat a MUstang SVT....Mind you a 320Hp civic weighs ALOT less than the stang.. he he he.. I wish I had a faster car.. Best run I had with my 2l1 DX sedan as 16.987 in the 1/4 mile no mods..My old dodge coronet that I had ran 12's..but that car lasted 3 months.. Was a 74 Coronet with a 426 Hemi Police spec engine.. The engine itself blew once before and was welded back where it cracked...but it was REALLY fun while it lasted [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
The main reason why people like to do swaps is because turbo, superchargers, and nitrous while nice are often considered cheating. Turbo and superchargers are forced induction, and nitrous is well, nitrous. With an engine swap, you create the ultimate sleeper, while staying naturally aspirated. In the event that you took part in a race for only naturally aspirated cars, a civic with a b18 engine would be a competitor to watch out for.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point

<< the fact that he spent a couple thousand for a swap and you only spent a couple benjamins for NOS makes me wonder why there are so many posts about swapping in the first place... but oh well... i guess anyone who swaps need to compliment it with a bottle so that it won't get spanked by slower engines with bottles.

oh yeah.. nice race!
>>

use the n2o a lot and youll be spending that couple thousand on an engine anyway
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point

<< use the n2o a lot and youll be spending that couple thousand on an engine anyway >>

my thoughts exactly. some dude in a older style monte carlo sprayed next to me on Friday. I wasn't impressed, considering I was just driving home from work, minding my own business.