General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

painting the AC vents

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
painting the AC vents

I've never done any painting in my life.... ok then... now what im thinking of doing is pulling out the vent thingy... u know the thing that has like 5 grills on it... whatever ok, now i found out i can pull the left and right one out pretty easily... i have no clue how to pull out the center 2 vents.. im thinking of getting touch up paint.. satin silver metallic from honda dealer and just painting these silver... along with the AC ***** silver.... now ok im doing this cause it seems much easier then doing the whole dash... tips and pointers and warnings... please reply with those... thanks
Old 01-26-2002
Ultimate OG Member

TopFuel will become famous soon enough
the only way to take out the center ones is to push out the whole center console piece forward and unscrewing the vent pieces from the back...you cant just pull it out.
Old 01-26-2002
Civic Gurlies
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

HondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the rough
Just a tip..dont paint your ac control *****....if use them alot they are gonna chip [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] unless your really really careful. When u paint spray it on in really lite coats and use a clear coat when your done.
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

clear coat? i thought the touch up paint was a mini brush thing... good idea on the **** thingy i guess.. but i really dont feel like painting the whole dash... its so much easier just to have the ***** stand out ya know
Old 01-26-2002
Giggity Giggity

Dakker is an unknown quantity at this point
use spray paint...Period go to auto part store and buy a can of silver honda paint, they might even have satin silver u never know, don't dare brush it on though that will not give u the results you are looking for, trust me [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

.... coming from some guy that has never spray painted before.. what do i need to do.. .also i was told the AC vents is hard because of drippin cause theres so many like layers or something.. is this true? why cant i just dip this baby into a can of paint