General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

DRUNK DRIVERS!Long post)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005
4 cyllinders are good but 5 is better!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GreatWhite02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry DRUNK DRIVERS!Long post)

So I'm on my home this morning at about midnight making the last turn onto the highway before my house. A little ways down the road it sort of goes downhill which is enough to not be able to see what is in front of you. So as i am at the bottom of the sort of hill where a bridge starts, i look up in my rearview mirror and see headlights coming at me at at least 85 mph! I was already going about 45 or so! Next thing I know I got reamed from behind did a 360 ricocheted off the cement gaurd rail and ended up facing the same direction I was originally heading only on the other side of the road on the shoulder! This guy hit me so hard my center console came flying out of the dash and was hanging by the wires in the passenger foot area! The trunk looked like an accordian. The rear deck where the rear speakers are buckled from the sheer force at which he hit me! My back bumper and support were somewhere down the road! My cellphone which i was talking on when it happended ended up wedged between the window and the buckled rear deck and my glasses somehow ended up in the back seat! Dont ask me how but somehow he ended up about 70 yards up the road on the right side of the road! Well turns out this guy was drunk off his ***! I called 911 and they got there i swear in about a minute and they arrested him and took him to jail! I actually had to go to a doctor to make sure my neck was okay because it was kind of stiff! Luckily everything was okay! At this point I dont know if the car is totalled or not! On one hand I hope it is cuz after an accident like this, even at state of the art repair facilities your car is never the same afterwards. So it would be nice to get a new car and start over again! But then i also know that if it is totalled, I'm gonna have to pay out of pocket or finance the remainder of a new car assuming I get a good blue book on the civic! I'll post some pics as soon as the body shop takes them!

Last edited by GreatWhite02; 06-03-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Holy shiz man.. glad to hear your okay? Better get that neck checked out fully. I was in an accident and didnt get my neck checked out and when it hurts I always wonder if it was from that day... anyways good luck man.
Old 06-03-2005
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
The weird thing is that this guy's insurance is most definetly going to go up even if it wasn't his fault. Better luck with the next car I guess.

The funny thing is with that heavily modified car of his, I bet you $20 that the first reaction the cops had was that this guy was racing around. So much for prejudices ...
Old 06-03-2005
4 cyllinders are good but 5 is better!

GreatWhite02 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ i was the one who got rear ended! And I was the one with the fixed up car and no the cops did not say anything about that! There is no reason to cuz I got rear ended and wasn't at fault! And yes his insurance is gonna skyrocket (assuming he has it) and he'll lose his driver's license! Hell he may even get dropped from his insurance all together!
Old 06-03-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
holy **** dude, thats awful. make sure to get your neck checked out and stuff...as for the damage, do you have any pictures?
Old 06-03-2005
Registered!!

Jasonb is an unknown quantity at this point
id find a really great lawyer.....

And Take his ****ing *** to Court,

Play up the neck PAin to....

your going to also pay for this, Insurance wise... OVer some loser who gets trashed and drives home, What if he killed you dude?

People like that make me sick.....

Take him to court!
Old 06-03-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
yea, unfortunately even though its not your fault, every time you make a claim your premium will go up at your next renewal.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

MatrixShark is an unknown quantity at this point
Watch out for your neck. I've got a buddy that didn't start feeling the real pain until WAY later as he got older. Now his neck and back are screwed. GET A LAWYER. Don't ever feel like your being greedy with a big settlement. I work with a girl that had to have her face reconstructed with titanium etc. Her $30,000 plus settlement will never ever be enough to cover the pain she feels when it rains outside. She's only 20 years old now but what about when she's 50. How will that feel then?
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GreatWhite02
^^^ i was the one who got rear ended! And I was the one with the fixed up car and no the cops did not say anything about that! There is no reason to cuz I got rear ended and wasn't at fault! And yes his insurance is gonna skyrocket (assuming he has it) and he'll lose his driver's license! Hell he may even get dropped from his insurance all together!
That's exactly what I meant, sorry for the confusion.

I definetly would go to court myself and sue that idiot, and have my neck checked out, just to be safe.

The insurance going up is the most unfair part in all of this... hell it's supposed to be helping you in case sh*t happens, right? Well how is your insurance going up going to help you in future cases of drunk drivers rear-ending you? F* insurance....
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
make sure you're okay. goto emergency room. man i hate drunk drivers.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

SpecialEdCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
HOly **** man glad tyo hear that you are okay. On a lighter note if it wasn't for an old *** 2 weeks ago the day before i graduated college i would not have gotten rear ended in my Jetta. It was a 97 that needed a clutch, body work, tranny, brakes and suspension. It had 120k miles on it. bluew book was about 2800. I got 2.5k for it from insurance co to get repaired and the dealership gave me 1500 once i traded it in (yes they gave me 1500 after hard bargaining) and hence i have gotten my magnesium metalic EX coupe. I am sure that many of you have gotten better deals but i got my 05 ex special edition coupe for 17 even. 13k after my jetta so i think i got a great deal. So an accident turned into gold for this guy.

PS i hope that drunkin ******* has insurance.. if not do this
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

SpecialEdCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by YUL
yea, unfortunately even though its not your fault, every time you make a claim your premium will go up at your next renewal.
Not necessarily. I called geico (my insurance company) after teh accident to fill them in on what happened. They said my premium would not go up it was not my fault and they (my insurance) was not paying out. And i second looking into a lawyer just in case. The problem with whiplash is that it happens after the accident not right then.
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea thats true but I think he means if YOU made a claim to the insurance where they paid out (if the other guy didn't have insurance). Then it would go up.
Old 06-06-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by YUL
not neccasarily.

In ontario we have whats called no fault insurance. Which means that regardless if an accident is your fualt or not, your insurance company still pays for your damages while the other insurance pays the other guys damages. Whos at fault determines weather there rates will go up immidiatly. If you are not at fualt and its your first accident your rates wont go up.

You should just be thankful that your alive, talk with your insurance company, they figure out weather its worth fixing or not. Its probably not, start car shopping.

This past winter someone pulled a wide right turn directly into my lane and I Wrote off a 98 ford countour and wrote off the toyota matrix that I hit. The other driver was given a careless driving ticket (mad old people) and I got paid out about 8 grand for the ford. My rates have not gone up.

I also had 1 vandilsm claim which is also not at fualt and my rates will not go up.

However he sounds like he is in the US, insurance is a whole nother story over there.

bottom line, good thing your okay. At the very least its one less drunk driver