General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Damn this car, its made of tin

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Damn this car, its made of tin

damn honda used 50 gauge steel to make this car! someone lightly dented my car with their door and the dent is huge! i had a toyota and that sucker never got dented. this car has 2600 miles on it and 2 bad *** dents, and i dont even park near anyone! i am gonna have to ahve all these dents fixed before i get more mods, but first i am getting a seriuos alarm[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

problems with the 01'
1. $hit metal
2. interior noise and loose parts
3. crap suspension
4. Firestone tires

But somehow, i still lovbe this car, maybe cause i spent 17k of my hard earned cash on it
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

vtechin is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll second the interior noises. I hear them a lot to and it annoys the hell out of me. Found out that the best way to take care of it ,until I can fix it the right way, is to just turn up the stereo really loud. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

pounds is an unknown quantity at this point
and if you ever noticed.....honda even had a comercial in which they actually braged about how quiet the interior cab of the new civic was.....

i dont like it.....but all you gotta do is turn up your radio
Old 01-22-2002
Jefe de Jefes

big20ugly is an unknown quantity at this point
Amen on the loose parts! evertying from the glove compartment to a couple of things in the rear make noise like a mo fo. that one of the reasons why im thinking of getting rid of it.
Old 01-22-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I'll second the interior noises. I hear them a lot to and it annoys the hell out of me. Found out that the best way to take care of it ,until I can fix it the right way, is to just turn up the stereo really loud. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] >>

now i realized why i got 1000watts going to my subs...
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

FiresVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
i have 3 bad @ss dents in my passenger side door. all from people who dont know how to open their car doors at my school. because they are stupid and careless i have to pay for it...sounds like a fair trade to me[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
Careless peopleSUCK.... i just recieved my first dinger last week[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2002
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
I paid $250 for the optional bodymatch protective side body moulding it kind messes up the lines of the car, but no dents so far for me, knock on wood.
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

LexBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
i wish i had more money
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I paid $250 for the optional bodymatch protective side body moulding it kind messes up the lines of the car, but no dents so far for me, knock on wood. >>

Damn, that's a lot to pay for something that makes your car look worse. But I guess it does give you some extra protection. I'll just continue parking at the faaar end of the parking lot.

Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

02Si is an unknown quantity at this point
More like an aluminum can, CRUSH!
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
I suggest... (I SERIOUSLY suggest) that you be careful where ya park your cars at. Especially our Civics. Dude... I was in my mom's Caddy (she's got one of the nicest Caddys...) and I was coming out of a pet store and heading to my car and this car parked right next to mine. Pretty close on my side as it was between my car and a van. This lil' 5 year old girl THROWS the door open, and I'm like, "!" But I calm down cuz I know it was just an accident and the mother got out of the car and was like, "Oh my god! I am sooooooo sorry!" I was like, "It's okay." She was still apologizing, telling her lil' girl she had to be more careful and I was like, "It's ok. Accidents happen." I couldn't be mad... I was shocked seeing that happened. It made a nasty lil' dent in the car that's now no longer there (since it got put in the body shop after being rear-ended by a van.) Car looks good as new.

So yeah, in that situation, someone can park next to you and your car is just sittin there... what can you do? If you can, park as far away from the place you're going to (you know... where the deserted parking spaces are... and if there are none in that grocery lot, then hey... I guess you can try elsewhere). You've seen that commercial though, right? I forgot which car it was but it claimed to be "too good to park near it's destination." I haven't had my Civic dinged by someone else's carelessness or "accidental" mind thank goodness. To avoid it... I'd say park far... if you don't mind the longer walk to the store, and in this case, it's worth not having to look at a messed up car every time you go to it. Who's gonna remember that long walk?
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point

<< More like an aluminum can, CRUSH! >>

Japanese car... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-23-2002
Registered!!

Belle is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate the interior noises. mine happen in the glove box, the e-brake, the roofliner above the passanger sun visor, and the trunk latch. i think the cup holder rattles, but only on extreamly rough roads that i've been down a whole 2 times. but anyways, the dings are a pain too. i lightly hit my keys against the door once when i was going to work, and there was a fairly large line pushed into the door, not a dent, but like a canyon. hard to describe, but the door panel goes ¨¨¨¨¨|_|¨¨¨¨ while a scratch goes ¨¨¨\/¨¨¨¨ wee, that was fun. anyways, the paint wan't even messed up. weird. just my two cents.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny how a car everybody claims to be made of tin and crappy metal still manages to get 5-star crash ratings, front AND side ...

Old 01-24-2002
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
i got a 2k2 ex.. and i have 2 300watt subs in my trunk.. only thing that rattles in my car is my radar detector, and my rear view mirror extender mirror thingy-ma-baber. oh yea, and the plast parking pass thing i put on the "arm" of the rear view mirror
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
yea no kidding,,,, The car made of tin is the second safest car ever made..........wierd
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

jodeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Last month, I brought my car in for an oil change. I drive it into the Honda dealer and the guy asks me, "Have you seen your hood?" I'm thinking... "What about my hood?!?" [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

I got out of the car. What greeted me was a dent in my hood over a foot in diameter.

Man.. it was a good thing that I was able to pop it back out with my hand. There are still some imperfections that I can see when the car is clean but there's no urgency to have it fixed until the weather starts getting warmer. I can't try to push those out as they're located under the bar that runs underneath the hood. If I wasn't able to pop it back out, I probably wouldn't have been able to stand it and most likely would've gotten it fixed by now.

If I could get my hands on the person that put that dent in there... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
i read that the 2k2 has improved sound dampening in the interior, and the dealer told me that the 2k1-2k2's were identical! bastards
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Jandree22 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah... the guy from the dealership that i took my drive with stop selling Hondas years ago, like early 90's.... he's actually the designated salesperson for GM since the Honda guy wasn't in that day anyways... my point is maybe ur dealer is talking outa his ***[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

SneakerPimp is an unknown quantity at this point
I've also read that the 2K2 has better sound dampening.