General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Trial Production on 2006 Vics started Today :D

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chknmnky will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by thomusvoo
someone get this man a very very very very very very small camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He can pick up a watch camera on ebay for about 30 bucks. I had one once, was freakin awesome. You wouldn't approve of what i used it for.
Old 04-28-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
ffffffvvvvccccckkkk yyeeaa !!!
Old 04-28-2005
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
cant wait to see them in showrooms
Old 04-28-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Sweeeet. You get to see all the cars before everyone else does.

I want a job near Honda's all day. Anyway, could you at least check if they've got discs all around? Also, how are the interiors? Any really really good info would be awesome.
Old 04-28-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by diskreet
well everyone (big magazines like car+driver, etc...) are saying 1.8L probably D18.
thank you for assisting me in proving my point that honda will beef it up to a d18.

and for whoever said stop guessing about engines cus we arent doing anything, its fun to just think and imagine because then if we are somehow right we get to think we are geniouses(sp?) lol jp but with so much hype how could someone just sit and wait without thinking what would be in it
Old 04-28-2005

Originally Posted by chknmnky
You wouldn't approve of what i used it for.
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Fukui announced back in January that the civic would use I-Vtec engines. I assumed that was k-series engines. That would be disappointing if the civic had a d series engine. Hopefully if it does come with a d series, its restricted just to canada and we get K series engines in the states... . Since things like the EL sell there and wouldn't sell well in the US.
Old 04-29-2005

maybe a d-series with i-vtec....dum dum dummmmmmmmm lol jp but it is possible they use the a3 in the ex's, although im having a hard time convincing even myself of that due to the cost in changing around parts in it, it would be easier to have every base model trim level use same series motor
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
maybe a d-series with i-vtec....dum dum dummmmmmmmm lol jp but it is possible they use the a3 in the ex's, although im having a hard time convincing even myself of that due to the cost in changing around parts in it, it would be easier to have every base model trim level use same series motor

If you look at in the 8th gen thread. There's a guy claiming to be the assembly coordination manager that's working on the 8th ex's in ohio. He said there was a k series engine in there, what he thinks is a k20a3. He also said there still debating on whether making hids as a option, but he said the 8th ex will have navi and leather as options.
Old 04-29-2005

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
If you look at in the 8th gen thread. There's a guy claiming to be the assembly coordination manager that's working on the 8th ex's in ohio. He said there was a k series engine in there, what he thinks is a k20a3. He also said there still debating on whether making hids as a option, but he said the 8th ex will have navi and leather as options.
lol im feeling cocky because thats twice that someones helped me prove my theory of what engines will be used, but honestly ive been second guessing buying the 8th gen just cus id be 20 when i got to that decision and i was thinking maybe thats kinda old to be getting a civic, you know maybe bump up to something a lil nicer but if its got navi, leather, and hid as an option plus 6-speed tranny with lsd and 200 hp im most likely going to get the si and just spend the money i save on mods or something.
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

^^^^^
Just download the TOV interviews on the civic. They give clues in how there going to position the civic. People think the civic is still going to be how a civic is now, but its going to be different. The civic will no longer be a entry level economy car. Honda already stated that there moving the civic into premium market. The jazz/fit is going to replace the civic as a entry level economy car.

Honda's probably going to move the civic more of a altima-maxima type of relationship with the accord. The civic is going to be sporty and cheap, the accord is going to be quick with some entry luxury.

I can believe honda will offer hids, leather and navi as options. People forget that the mazda 3 already has those as options from the factory.

Maybe honda might keep the dx civic and put a L-series engine in it for canada or something. The L series looks similar to the d series if you take off the valve cover. If i were honda i wouldn't even have a hx civic anymore. I would leave the 9-14k segment to the fit/jazz.
Old 04-29-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Fukui announced back in January that the civic would use I-Vtec engines. I assumed that was k-series engines. That would be disappointing if the civic had a d series engine. Hopefully if it does come with a d series, its restricted just to canada and we get K series engines in the states... . Since things like the EL sell there and wouldn't sell well in the US.
well, theres suppose to be different trim levels of the 06 vic coupes, the ones we have now with the D series motor, and an SIR (SI in the US) with the K series motor. I hope they bring in the Fit to canada..i love that car. And, it looks to be about time for the vics to step it up a notch in the north american market. Civic's have a strong racing background in japan with the Type R, but they've always been considered the economy car in north america (to non enthusiasts).

But yeah, i will find out if its 4 wheel disc brakes, i highly doubt it for the lower trim vics with the D series motor, but without a doubt the SIR (SI) would have 4 wheel disc. But i'l just have to see, its almost 5am, and i'm heading over to work soon, the thing is i work with the SUVs(2 minutes away from where they make the vics)..but i'll see what i can do..and yesterday was like a trial production..not really sure what that is..all i know is, it hasnt officially started production...maybe their making a few for promotion, advertisements reveiws, etc, who knows..

Last edited by jhonsok; 04-29-2005 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

^^^^
do you know if there going to have hids as an option?
Old 04-29-2005
Video Game & Movie Whore!

SlvrLx26 will become famous soon enough
That's my only care for the Si's and disc brakes! H.I.D.'s ?^^
Old 04-29-2005

im still jealous that you got to see one already lol, i think that if they do bump it up and make it a nicer status car than it is considered today that if they do this it will raise the probability of introducing a CTR maybe a year or two later if the new SI does real well
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

^^^

i think HIDS would be nice to have stock instead of having to ******* saw into our headlights to retro some in.

If you mean CTR as in Type R civic?!?! I still doubt they'll bring in the CTR. Maybe for the 9th gen. Most people will still think civic as a economy beater. Once people think its more of a premium brand then they could bring over. The reason they don't have a Type R here now is because no one will pay 31k for a civic in the US until the image of the civic changes.

I think trying to make the civic a premium brand can work well for Honda. Everyone thought the altima would steal sales from maxima's when they made them with almost the same hp. I think they even both use the VQ engines, someone correct me if i'm wrong, i'm not a nissan head.

We'll see how Fukui wants to take it. The 8th gen civic is suppose to be his first car as head of Honda. So far, i like the direction he's taking the company in. He pretty much gave us everything we asked for in the 8th gen SI with the exception of rwd.

I wish honda would offer more rwd cars or least offer rwd cars for the acura line. I think the s2000 is a perfect example of how a rwd honda can be.
Old 04-29-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

Theyd never bring any Type R's to north america. They've been around for years, 10 years or so? I dont think they'd ever introduce the Type Rs, besides the SIR (Si) and RSX Type S is pretty much our type R.
Old 04-29-2005

well i know they brough the 98 integra type R somewhat as a marketing ploy to get some hype about the integra and boos sales, and thats exactly what it did so i thought maybe they will do this or maybe just decide to if it is already selling nice, i think i would expect the CTR for usa to cost around 24,25k the ITR cost bout that much in 98 but it was nicer and an acura not a honda plus limited edition.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

The type R sells for 17k pounds in the UK, so if you do the conversion its around 30k US.
Old 04-30-2005

oh well that sux but maybe theyd be selling it cheaper in us for some reason or another. im just being hopeful cus at that point id be in a s2k
Old 04-30-2005
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
cant you just walk in there on your lunch break or something or talking to the techs working in that part of the factory or something?
Old 04-30-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

^^
I wish i could, breaks go by pretty quick, and Plant 1 (where they make the smaller cars) is like a 2 minute drive from Plant 2 (where im located, making the SUVs). But yeah, as soon as i find any new information, i'll be sure to post it up .