General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Foreign vehicles are more superior than american

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Foreign vehicles are more superior than american

got an essay going for my research paper. i got the thesis which is the title & 2 supporting arguments. need to come up with a beefy 3rd supporting argument for my 3rd body paragraph.

thesis: foreign vehicles are far more superior than american vehicles

maybe someone here can help me think for an 3rd body paragraph of why foreign cars are better than american. also need hard facts and/or sources to back it up with as well
(not here to start a debate, this is for my pursuasive essay)

my first 2 are:
-reliability: quality engineering/technology
-safer
-???

(mods move to off topic if necessary, thought i'd put it here since its auto related)
Old 04-26-2005
Boobies are my friend!

street300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
fuel efficency, power to weight ratio those might go with what your first two.
Old 04-26-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
i used the fuel effiency and power per liter in the reliable body. under as engineering.

gotta think about power to weight ratio. its too specific for a body paragraph
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks.... hahah, all US cars looks like crap!
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

Jo_Boo is an unknown quantity at this point
Customizability
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
One of our members talked about the differences in build tolerance levels in American cars and Japanese cars...how it was an American man who was responsible for making Japanese cars what they are known for.
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
its funny that you brought this up, US companies sell better cars to foreign countries too. the same happens to most european car companies too in their own domestic markets. bmws and benzs are usually sold as econoboxes in europe while they are sold as more luxury in the US. Cars like the Ford Focus sold in Europe is a better built and more luxurious car compare to the US version. im suggesting that foriegn cars are better than domestic cars becuase they need to be marketed as 'better" cars so people will buy them. You could put as your supporting argument that foriegn cars are better cars becuse car companies market them to a foreign market as a better car.
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
It might be better if you made your arugment a little more specific.

The term "foreign" can entale japanese, european and korean automakers. Japanese build there cars differently then European cars, so one statement about a foreign maker may not apply to another, thus leaving a hole in your arugment.

you can talk about business philsophies are well, specifically Japanese and American companies are run. Japanese companies would rather the customer pay extra money and have a good quality car and have the customer buy other models down the line because of the good driving experience they had with other models.

American companies tend to make cars cheaper and offer more bang for your buck pricing, or offer performance at a cheap price for example srt-4 and offer longer warranties to get customers to buy their cars. If you compare similarly equiped japanese car and similarly equipped domestic, the domestic tends to be cheaper. This is more a mass production philsophy; with the idea of making a lot of cheap cars to get customers to buy them.

It's not like American companies can't make there cars as reliable as japanese cars, they basically choose not too. Both ford and chysler have access to Japanese production methods via there controlling shares of suburu and mitsubishi, but chooses to only adapt the ones they like and keep the rest the same.

Anyways there's a sample right there. Like i said, change your topic from foreign to some thing more specific. Your current topic is too broad to make a definitive persuasive essay.
Old 04-26-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
One of our members talked about the differences in build tolerance levels in American cars and Japanese cars...how it was an American man who was responsible for making Japanese cars what they are known for.
yup.

edward w. deming is the name you're looking for. he basically pioneered the business and quality control procedures the japanese use today. domestic manufacturers would rather go cheap on the cost and warranty a part, rather than build the part right in the first place. ford even openly admitted this.
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

TurboDieselDrew is an unknown quantity at this point
I would definetly touch on higher fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.

Innovation may be another thing to touch on.
Old 04-26-2005