General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

05 civic seats are uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
05 civic seats are uncomfortable

even tho i really like how they are i just cant sit in them because the back part is sooo uncomfortable. wish honda had some little handle to adjust the back portion of the seats b.c it feels as tho its just jutting out. then again it could b just its new and hasnt been sat in for not long enough that its like that i dont noe. there must b a solution
Old 04-01-2005
MyK
Registered!!

MyK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Old 04-01-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Have you checked the lumbar wheel on the seat?
Old 04-01-2005
MyK
Registered!!

MyK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
http://acarems.com/product_info.php?products_id=177

here, this might help you out!!
Old 04-01-2005
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^wow lol. break it in man
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MyK
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

SmiteSwift is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy Acura seats
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
rofl. nice link. but ya i adjusted the seats but no luck all the thing does it higher and lower the whole seat not just the bottom. i guess ill just have to ride this seat for couple months then see how it is. hopefully i just need to break it in.

edit:i dont think the 05 seats have a lumbar *** only **** i see is the bar on the bottom to go forward nd bak, the little wheel that rises nd lowers the seat, nd the *** to tilt the seat. i have no clue.

Last edited by crazyasian; 04-01-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

silver02coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
my 02 civic seats are also uncomfortable. They just are too high and seem to lean me forward.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

it feels as tho yer bak is like in a c or f position. where the bottom bak portion sticks out and the top bak portion its completely fine. Thumbs up on honda for not making a lumbar positioner on the damn seats. i might just put some seat covers on there to make myself feel comfortable unless someone can tell me how to fix that problem nd i bet the only solution is to just break-in the seats.
Old 04-01-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
uhh.... the 01-02 seats are worst than the 04-05...... so be happy for that atleast.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

silver02coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
try leaving some weights on the seat while its not in use.
Old 04-01-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
You can generally get Acura RSX cloth seats for $250, those are far better, with lumber support and the whole nine yards.

As far as I know, no civic has lumbar support, maybe the Si, not sure, but no DX, LX, VP, HX, or EX I've seen has it. And I've owned a '03 EX and '04 EX and drove an '01 LX and '02 LX.
Old 04-01-2005
#1 S2000 Fan

ViNRoCk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn I had o3 si seats in my car I liked them alot, good support

hmmmm
Old 04-01-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
^^ havent you had the Si seats for quite some time now? Maybe you forgot how it feels to sit on those lower model Civic seats.

j/k man...
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

how the heck am i suppose to leave weights on the seats? pull the seat all the way bak so its almost at a 180 degree then put the weights ontop? i think i might try that
Old 04-01-2005
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RangerMan
Have you checked the lumbar wheel on the seat?
Lumbar wheel? WTF??? Unless that is a Canada thing. I have logged 56,xxx miles on my car. Most of those spent driving from Duluth to Kansas City. I have also treked from Duluth to Orlando FL. 26 hours. I nor my friend had any complaints about the seats.
Old 04-01-2005
where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on deals...

muzhik will become famous soon enoughmuzhik will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by silver02coupe
try leaving some weights on the seat while its not in use.
better yet, have lots of SEX on your seats...
Old 04-01-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
My 02 seats were terrible for back support and my back would always hurt. Got some corbeau a4 and soo much better. Stocks are in the closet.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
i have an 02, seats dont bother me in terms of comfort. maybe its too stiff for some ppl? what pisses me of is that the 01-02 driver seat rocks back and forth, actually as we speak its at the dealership again for the 3rd time. first time was a bushing that was 03-29-04. then this week, my car was stuck in the dealership for 3 days cuz they wouldnt put my seat back together when they order parts for it, the whole seat assembly was replaced, but they coudlnt get there hands on a bracket so my seat back rocks back and forth and not my seat bottom. today i brought it into an another dealership for them to check it out and they ordered their bracket for me.

Last edited by mrchowmein; 04-01-2005 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
def not stiff. in fact they are very cushy compared to other seats. It's just that there's no support. Feels like a big couch you're sitting on. I never had the rocking problem.
Old 04-01-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Quit being such a vagina mcgeinsteen about your little seat and grow some *****.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

me neither....yet? its just putting pressure around my lower bak side that it def does not feel comfortable later on like wat gearbox said. i dont know....i guess ill just slap on some wool seat covers we have sitting around nd put some 10 lb weights on that stiff point. hopefully it works.

Last edited by crazyasian; 04-01-2005 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gearbox
def not stiff. in fact they are very cushy compared to other seats. It's just that there's no support. Feels like a big couch you're sitting on. I never had the rocking problem.
which part is cushy? the bottom seat cushion or the seat back? the sides of the seat back are stiff, but the center is less. coupe seats and sedan seats should be the same right? how did the 03-05 seats change besides the armrest and the seat pattern? i think the seat assembly was change since my 02. i think the seat rocking for me only happens to some seats. theres a service bulletin for the drivers seat if anyone members dont remember. oh well, i guess maybe teh body type really matters.

i was riding in a 96 corolla. that seat was uncomfortable, the felt like theres a rock sticking out of the seat and i had to lean forward, also the seat felt small. my shoulder was at the same height as the headrest and im only 5'9".
Old 04-01-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Ive actually been thinking. How tall are you people? Maybe that has something to do with it. I am very comfortable in my seats and im about 6 2
Old 04-01-2005
Premium Member

Well you'll see if you sit on race seats. It feels very hard at first, but you get used to it and the shape doesn't make your back hurt. I had to drive a pontiac for a while and it was even worse. Felt like I was sitting on some shirt cause there was a bump in the middle.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

im about 5'11 or somewhere around there but the way i sit in the car is a little slouched nd leaned bak a bit. but i still feel uncomfortable probably because its basically new seats so i need to get used to them. it does feel like a rock is sticken out of the lower back portion of the seat maken me kind of lean foward not too pleasant
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

i sure race seats help as they hold you in a proper posture.
Old 04-01-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I've got some seat cushions in the car and they're great. I probably should cover them up with a seat cover.

Quick Reply: 05 civic seats are uncomfortable