General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

05 civic seats are uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005
New Mod on the Block

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
i like my 03 seats, i think that they're comfortable and supportive.
Old 04-01-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I sat in 03 seats and there's definately a change from the 02.
Old 04-01-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gearbox
I sat in 03 seats and there's definately a change from the 02.
Interesting, wouldn't have thought that.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

silver02coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
im 6'3" and have pretty bad scoliosis. This causes me great pain already, but paired with the seats in my 02 makes for very uncomfortable driving. I dont remember the seats in my 99 being as hard, slanted and just plain as uncomfortable. Does anyone know how i can lower the stock seats in my car, aside from using the manual controls on the side of the seat?
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Yeah I have an 01 and a lot of people complain about the seats oh well they don't bother me.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
o well i just dropped in wool seat covers that we had laying around nd now it feels great. no more bak pains...hopefully. ill let you guys noe later.
Old 04-01-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It's the way the seat is made. I believe ex has height adjustment (that wheel on the left of the seat). My race seats are alot lower than stock, almost touching the ground.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
yes my ex does have a height adjustment **** which as you raise the seat it pushes the top portion of the seat forward. if the seat is all the way up then yes the seats suck. all the way down and i find it very comfortable. even my gf agrees. i find them not to stiff not too cushy. i think it depends on wieght and height. i'd love to have some rsx leather seats though.
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

silver02coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
i adjusted the seats so theyre are all the way down, still too high. Think i need to get some lower seats...
Old 04-01-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
heheh speaking of leather rsx seats...i can rip out my sisters nd swap em in cause shes got a rsx with leather seats i got my situation handled so i dont need em
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like my 05 seats, I've taken a lot of long road trips in it already, and even after sitting in them for nearly 4-5 hours almost straight, I have no complaints. I'm 6'0" with long legs, so I kinda wished the seats slid backwards a little more. Sometimes I get in and think someone slid the seats up, try it, and find out it already is all the way back.
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
yes!!!!! I hate the seats too!!!! And I agree with you, they're uncomfortable. I move around to find the right spot at every red light.

What pisses me off is the whole in the head rest... WTF? Like i'm gonna perfectly place my head in the center of that groove.

Its ok though... i'm picking up some RSX leathers for my car soon.
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

CivicStudEx is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF? Like i'm gonna perfectly place my head in the center of that groove
I know exactly what you mean...that thing sucks!!
Old 04-06-2005
Registered!!

UTICivic will become famous soon enoughUTICivic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Lumbar wheel? WTF??? Unless that is a Canada thing. I have logged 56,xxx miles on my car. Most of those spent driving from Duluth to Kansas City. I have also treked from Duluth to Orlando FL. 26 hours. I nor my friend had any complaints about the seats.
::gasp:: Your sooooo cool.
Old 04-06-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough

Last edited by Civic_RedLine; 04-06-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-06-2005
im stock now! T.T

Originally Posted by gearbox
It's the way the seat is made. I believe ex has height adjustment (that wheel on the left of the seat). My race seats are alot lower than stock, almost touching the ground.
yeah the type-s seats are alot lower too, but I think that makes it better because you dont need to move your foot as much to hit the clutch.
Old 04-06-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
^^^^

rsx seats are not that much lower then the stock seats.

To the original poster, upgrading to rsx seats is probably the best mod you can do for your car. Trust me, their worth the money, especially if you spend a lot of time driving. The stock seats are ok if your only driving for like 30min, but when your in them for an hr, it does start to hurt your back.
Old 04-06-2005
Registered!!

CiviCoupe2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude quit complaining. You ever try sitting in RSX seats for 2+ hour drive?... Otherwise buy yourself a cushion or something...
Old 04-06-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
i love my o3 seats
Old 04-06-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
What pisses me off is the whole in the head rest... WTF? Like i'm gonna perfectly place my head in the center of that groove.

Its ok though... i'm picking up some RSX leathers for my car soon.
yes the head rest is pretty crappy.
Old 04-06-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
yeah the type-s seats are alot lower too, but I think that makes it better because you dont need to move your foot as much to hit the clutch.
how could the height of the seat cause you to move your foot more to hit the clutch???
Old 04-06-2005
im stock now! T.T

Originally Posted by manahoonie
how could the height of the seat cause you to move your foot more to hit the clutch???
you'll know the difference when you change from oem to rsx. Its just my instinct. I felt a difference.
Old 04-06-2005
im stock now! T.T

RSX seats are nice...
Old 04-06-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CiviCoupe2k2
Dude quit complaining. You ever try sitting in RSX seats for 2+ hour drive?... Otherwise buy yourself a cushion or something...

yes i have. I've actually sat in them for 6hrs straight while driving from san jose to LA. Yes they are comfortable and there is a huge difference between them and stock, especially if you sat in both seats for six hrs.
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
yes i have. I've actually sat in them for 6hrs straight while driving from san jose to LA. Yes they are comfortable and there is a huge difference between them and stock, especially if you sat in both seats for six hrs.
Sorry, I probably should've made myself clear. Im talking about the leather RSX seats which I have... And they suck at long drives... I'm not sure about the cloth version, but I bet its more comfortable than the leather...
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Civic Type S is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ViNRoCk8
damn I had o3 si seats in my car I liked them alot, good support

hmmmm
I have the 02 civic si seats for sale for 490 plus shipping...they are very comfortable seats ask him
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

mad_ox1 will become famous soon enough
I don't find my seats comfortable or uncomfortable really. They are just like the seats in my two previous Civics, so I really don't have much to compare them too. I've had limited time in my parent's S2000 and TSX and they are both superior seats although each very different. I think my favorite seats were from the new Si. I took a test drive and was in love. Would have gotten that if not for the awful insurance rates on it. Those of you who have put in Si seats, how much did they cost including the install and can they be put in easily personally?
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CiviCoupe2k2
Sorry, I probably should've made myself clear. Im talking about the leather RSX seats which I have... And they suck at long drives... I'm not sure about the cloth version, but I bet its more comfortable than the leather...

i have the leathers too. it came out of a 04 Type S. It might depend on your height. I'm 5' 8'' and i think their way more comfortable then stock. My housemate is 5'10'' and he likes them too. My sis is 5'4'' and she hates them and likes the ugly gray seats better.
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i have the leathers too. it came out of a 04 Type S. It might depend on your height. I'm 5' 8'' and i think their way more comfortable then stock. My housemate is 5'10'' and he likes them too. My sis is 5'4'' and she hates them and likes the ugly gray seats better.
Maybe... I'm 5'7" but the butt part is what hurts the most and not having an arm rest is a bish... But from what Ive heard, the 05 RSX Seats are much more comfortable and hold you in a little better...
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Civic Type S is an unknown quantity at this point
the SI seats are very easy to install just one or the rear bolt backs have to be drilled out a little..and I could do that for you if you decide to but them from me...they really are like everyone says comfortable and they look great

Quick Reply: 05 civic seats are uncomfortable