General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Test Drove 05 Audi A4 2.0T AWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Test Drove 05 Audi A4 2.0T AWD

My sister's is looking for a new ar to lease since her lease is up soon so we went to Audi to see whats up. She really liked how the 2.0T Avant looked and so did I and since it was in her price range we decided to see how it drives ect. She tells the salesman she wants to take it for a ride and the dude was really cool and said no prob, set us up and we went..... she drove 1st up the street. She said she liked how it felt so I wanted to see what was up. We switched and I drove..... the car had decent pick up (2.0 turbo, 200hp i think) but nothing special. The car held the road great and the handeling was great but thats about it...... the interior looked cheap as ****, just like a regular Voltswagen... cheap plastic everywhere... nothign special.

We got back to the dealers and asked how much a car like that is.... base price (no leather, no premium sound, no sunroof...) was 32k and a leather package was 2k and premium sound was 1k which in the end would equal around 35k. My sister is looking to spend around 35-40k on her car but this price was rediculous for what the car came with. Cheap *** interior, weak pick up...... 35k

Conclusion is this, you have to be borderline retarded to buy a new Audi because for the money you pay for that car there are much much better cars out there. I was dissapointed.... and I also heard that Audi owners spend more time in loaners then their own car....

Last edited by HustleLikeM0FO; 03-21-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
what about the A3.. are they out yet
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by simony
what about the A3.. are they out yet
not yet, i think the 1st ones will be in 06. but the A4 is a definaite no no.... i wonder if the A6 is the same way where you pay a shitload of money and dont get what is expected.
Old 03-21-2005
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
Audi's look alright but I havent been a big fan with the exception of the older style S4 and the new RS6.......

For that kinda cash she can get one of these.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	300c.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	50216  
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

Kizuel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SIinthesky
Audi's look alright but I havent been a big fan with the exception of the older style S4 and the new RS6.......

Hah, that's nice but pretty ghetto.
Old 03-21-2005
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
SLK 350 is a way better deal!!! Much faster too, and if you don't want the slk 350 go with the G35 sedan or coupe slightly slower but still comes with a nicer interior than the slk350 at base price.
Old 03-21-2005
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
Hah, that's nice but pretty ghetto
I LOVE 300C's.....that one is sick!!!! So Gangster looking.....
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

TurboDieselDrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Drive one of the new Mercedes C Class cars... I had one while mine was having work done to it... VERY nice cars for the money.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that the new 2.0T that the new GTI is going to be seeing? Audis tend to be a bit slow until you graduate to the higher end models (ie: RS6, etc.). Its because they're just so damn heavy.

Surprising that you said the interior was shoddy, thats unhead of in an Audi. I'm surprised they're charging so much, last I heard they were losing market share, you'd think they'd be trying to pick up new customers. Give it a few months or a year, when the 'new' A4 isn't selling like a new car anymore, I'll bet you'll get it for a good deal less then.
Old 03-21-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I'd go for a TL, or used RL for that price.

I guess you have to pay a lot to get that "Audi interior" that everyone praises.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SIinthesky

I hate that car, but man that one looks gangster.

I hope the new A4s don't have as many problems as the previous ones.
Old 03-21-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
if i had to choose an audi it would be a B5 S4.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest

I guess you have to pay a lot to get that "Audi interior" that everyone praises.
yea, thats the thing..... what you pay for an Audi is not worth the money. sure you can get like an A8 which is super luxury but that car is more then 70k....

i mean, Audi is supposed to be a luxury class for voltswagen.... leather seats are an OPTION and not a standard, what kinda crap is that. acura and lexus offer leather as a standard feature for around 30k....
Old 03-21-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
talk her into that damn is300
Old 03-21-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HustleLikeM0FO
yea, thats the thing..... what you pay for an Audi is not worth the money. sure you can get like an A8 which is super luxury but that car is more then 70k....

i mean, Audi is supposed to be a luxury class for voltswagen.... leather seats are an OPTION and not a standard, what kinda crap is that. acura and lexus offer leather as a standard feature for around 30k....

And you can still get the type-s with leather seats for 26kish
Old 03-21-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
definitly get an Acura TL
Old 03-21-2005
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a G35 Sedan 05--great handling, 260 HP comes standard, leather seats.

The RL isn't as good, get torque steer with all that power going to the front wheels.

Only downside to the G35 is the interior looks kinda cheap. Otherwise it's a great car, much better bang for the buck than an A4.
Old 03-21-2005
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
a4 is so effing heavy as it is....and the 4wheel drive will cut down on the wheel hp...so thats why the pick up is weak....but yea i say get a g35!!!
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

senseiturtle is an unknown quantity at this point
It's always been my opinion that the turbo engines are somewhat underpowered for the heavy A4/Passat bodies.

When you buy a low-level Audi (A4), you're definitley buying the name. Quattro AWD is definitely the best thing about it.

However, some new things to look at... New A3 (possibility of S3), 3.2L TT with DSG gearbox, 05 (or 06) S4 gets 400 HP, with some various improvements across the board.

For 30k... she should be looking at the G35, IS300, or Acura.
Old 03-21-2005
Diamond Member

G35 would be the greatest buy of them all. For the category the g probably has the best engine. I'm sure u can pick up a 04 G at a great buy, however there has been substantial changes from 04 - 05. The sedans and coupes got a power boost from 260 to 280hp if auto and for stick 280 - 298hp, probably somethign to do with ecu tuning, in addition there has been restyling outside and inside. Many people complained that the interior wasn't at par and this has been taken care of in the 05 models. Oh and you get new 19 inch forged rims now if you get the sports package.

The 05s have been improved a lot and the Gs are a great buy. Heres a really good forum to do some research on.
www.6mt.net

I'm a member there as well, before I bought my civic I was going to get a G35 05 coupe stick but decided a kid like me doesn't need a car like that. Maybe later...hehe
Old 03-21-2005
Diamond Member

Oh and to find out the striaght out facts on the car visit this site.
www.infinitinews.com

I dunno about now, but it was rumored that the 05 coupe engine might be a downgraded version of the modded vq35 they used in the nismo racing version in japan. You can read up on that stuff as well. From what I remember the engine was a stock vq35 with a few modds in it that made it really strong and worth of racing.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
I would go for the TL, DO IT..(Starsky n Hutch)
Old 03-21-2005
Ms. Moderator

SimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to all
What about the Volvo S40? That's what I'm considering. You can get everything you want, including AWD for around $35k. It's a really nice car, drives so smooth, pretty quick and excellent safety record.

Check it out. I love it.
Old 03-22-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by aki
Get a G35 Sedan 05--great handling, 260 HP comes standard, leather seats.

The RL isn't as good, get torque steer with all that power going to the front wheels.

Only downside to the G35 is the interior looks kinda cheap. Otherwise it's a great car, much better bang for the buck than an A4.
you mean tl. the rl is now awd. i would say go with the tl though, except no way to have fun, so IS300 and g35 are also good.
Old 03-22-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SimplySLB
What about the Volvo S40? That's what I'm considering. You can get everything you want, including AWD for around $35k. It's a really nice car, drives so smooth, pretty quick and excellent safety record.

Check it out. I love it.
I thought it was cheaper than that... anyway

That's probably the only Volvo I would consider buying... the looks are great both ext and int, but I'd choose any Acura over it anyday. The turbo on it is good, but a bit slow to spool up. Acura's are much better and sportier all around, even without the AWD.
Old 03-22-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
sweet
Old 03-22-2005
Diamond Member

s40 is the one with all the nice sound system stuff in it right? That thing is really heavy isn't it?
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

doesnt Ford own Volvo now?
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
S40 I think goes for a good bit less than an A4? Or maybe I'm wrong, I'm not feeling like checking out both sites to find out.

S40 is good though, insofar as its AWD, and his an I5 turbo engine that you can do absolutely amazing things to. I think one tuner shop has that engine up above 400HP. It was showcased at SEMA if I'm not mistaken?