General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Am I a ricer??...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
Am I a ricer??...

So i just bought a intake for my 2001 auto civic sedan... when i bring it to the shop to install.. the owner's son comes in (who doesn't works on cars) and watches the install.. he starts checking out my car for a lil while... looks at me and just laughs like a " Mehh... stupid idiot putting sri on auto civic" face...and says " i won't tell nobody".. I'm like whatever i don't care.. my car.. i do whatever... but he's like " you know it sounds cool but it won't do anything performance wise" .. i'm like " yeaaa.. i know that.. i got it for 30 bucks and want it for show and what not"... then i'm like " i might change my ride later on down the road"... he's like " u should stick with ur civic.. u got it better than most kids ur age".. i'm 18 , but look hella young and i guess he doesn't remember me cuz i graduated the year after him. then he goes out shows me his ride.. and tries to teach me about his "accident" like i'm on one of those mtv shows where they teach a moral lesson at the end.. arghhh wtf

i'm just thinking of doing minor exterior mods later on.. lip kit, rims, and lowering springs
so am i a ricer for having an intake for sound pleasure and show?

EDIT: Due to the rain.. i didn't want to install myself because the garage was full and I'm mad sick..the owner didn't trust me with his tools.. so he did the install himself..lol.. if that clears it up for u.. he's related to my friend

Last edited by ThaitaniumGK; 02-15-2005 at 12:28 AM.
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

UTICivic will become famous soon enoughUTICivic will become famous soon enough
Im just trying to make sense of why you took your intake to get installed in the first place, lol. Takes about 10 minutes to get the old box out...then like 2 for the new one.
Old 02-15-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by UTICivic
Im just trying to make sense of why you took your intake to get installed in the first place, lol. Takes about 10 minutes to get the old box out...then like 2 for the new one.
LOL.. cuz i'm lazy and it was raining outside (garage is full).. and i was anxious to put the damn thing on
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
just dont talk to the grease monkey.

intakes arent rice. some may think they are, but those are the people with high standards i guess. everyone has their own term of "rice"... its stupid
Old 02-15-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
so how musch did they charge to put a sri on your car? let me guess your gonna have somebody put your lip it and rims on it for ya to? that is when you get it.
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL, you took it to get installed? and your 18? haha c'mon man. Well I dunno you might not even be a ricer if you couldnt install that. sorry man, I'm just trying to be honest. Well good luck with your ride, and you should try to do some performance mods trust me you'll enjoy em. The exterior mods are coo too but you gotta have some ***** behind the show!
Old 02-15-2005
JJJ
Registered!!

JJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
what kinda car did the son have?
Old 02-15-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
so how musch did they charge to put a sri on your car? let me guess your gonna have somebody put your lip it and rims on it for ya to? that is when you get it.
lol.. it was free cuz my friend is related to the mechanic.. but yea i could've installed it but it was raining like a **** outside today.. and there is no room in the garage (big *** suvs)... and i'm a lazy *** dude
Old 02-15-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

Originally Posted by JJJ
what kinda car did the son have?

some acura
Old 02-15-2005
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Acura what??
Old 02-15-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

Originally Posted by tripledoublegs
Acura what??
oh lol.. sorry.. Acura CL
Old 02-15-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
intake is not rice, getting it installed is =p
Old 02-15-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Maybe his car was a lot cooler than you think. Swaps on older cars aren't always that obvious.
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

Kizuel is an unknown quantity at this point
Definetly not a ricer, you're an import car enthusiast.

I agree with some of the other comments made though, you're missing out on the whole "hobby" of buying mods and installing them yourself.
Old 02-15-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
i'm gonna install my own supercharger. dont i get a cookie or something?
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

18inchpride is an unknown quantity at this point
mehhh i think you just need to suck it up! your talking to a whole bunch of other civic owners who have all encountered many of the same critisms!! just blow it off and move on! just because one person doesn't like it doen't mean you have to fret over it!
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
punch the stupid retard in mouth for being a stereotype and tell him to go home.
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

centurioncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ThaitaniumGK
So i just bought a intake for my 2001 auto civic sedan... when i bring it to the shop to install.. the owner's son comes in (who doesn't works on cars) and watches the install.. he starts checking out my car for a lil while... looks at me and just laughs like a " Mehh... stupid idiot putting sri on auto civic" face...and says " i won't tell nobody".. I'm like whatever i don't care.. my car.. i do whatever... but he's like " you know it sounds cool but it won't do anything performance wise" .. i'm like " yeaaa.. i know that.. i got it for 30 bucks and want it for show and what not"... then i'm like " i might change my ride later on down the road"... he's like " u should stick with ur civic.. u got it better than most kids ur age".. i'm 18 , but look hella young and i guess he doesn't remember me cuz i graduated the year after him. then he goes out shows me his ride.. and tries to teach me about his "accident" like i'm on one of those mtv shows where they teach a moral lesson at the end.. arghhh wtf

i'm just thinking of doing minor exterior mods later on.. lip kit, rims, and lowering springs

EDIT: Due to the rain.. i didn't want to install myself because the garage was full and I'm mad sick..the owner didn't trust me with his tools.. so he did the install himself..lol.. if that clears it up for u.. he's related to my friend
YES! you are a ricer! whats next, some sick stickers?
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
no not a ricer just a foolish mortal. or is it mortal fool?
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

senseiturtle is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a ricer, just inexperienced.

When you notice how much crap the dealership gives you for warranty work, how much your parents might complain that you're modifying your car, and the looks from a girlfriend saying "why?", you might begin to question the 1-2 whp you might have gained, as well as the low end torque you might have sacrificed.
Old 02-15-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by S2000man01
No. That's fairly easy...time consuming, but not rocket science...if you've got the tools and the time. But I'll give you a cookie if you want.

And by the way, the SRI doesn't make you a ricer. The stock plastic tends to expand and contract alot more than the finished/galvanized metal you get with an intake. Eventually it will crack. This is why I've always upgraded all of my cars especially turbo ones, to hard pipes. I'd much rather be called rice, than to crack a tube or hose made of plastic and end up with a vaccum leak and blow a motor (turbo).

The thing that does make you rice is the fact that you brought it in to have it installed. Even if it's raining...you should have waited. I'd much rather wait for a couple of days, and make sure I do it right myself, rather than let some stranger work on my car. Installing an intake is easier than long division. And I take college calculus...

Who cares if it's auto? I know of a few auto FD's that will PWN his CL...
Old 02-15-2005
Godlike member

ex_03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by S2000man01
you have 30,000 dollar car thats your cookie!!
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

SingleCamCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
man i know what you mean....i get a lot of **** for my car being An Automatic....believe me if i would have had a choice i would have gotten a 5 speed. but one thing ive learned from other people who are into the Import cars is....you have to work with what you got....haters will always be around. actually..with my Cvt tranny i have beat a few LX's in my day....but that gives me no right to brag. Just remember Work with what you got.
Old 02-15-2005
Once boosted now i-VTEC

C Orndorff is an unknown quantity at this point
oh lol.. sorry.. Acura CL
He drives a CL. That's as dumb as trying to build a N/A D series to be fast. A CL is 3,064 lbs - 3,219 lbs (heavy) with 140- 200 hp. They only run a low 17 to high 16 1/4 stock, same as a civic. If anything he is just as ricey as you. I wouldn’t say an intake is rice, but on a d motor its kind of pointless. Altezzas, wings, neon, and stuff you don't need or things that just add weight to your car = RICE. But rice is a different definition for everyone.
Old 02-15-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Road and Track:

2003 3.2 CL Type S does the quarter in 14.9 trapping 96 mph
0-60 in 6.5 seconds.

Not insanely quick, but not really a slouch...

The regular 3.0's are 16-17 second cars.
Old 02-15-2005
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
nookie is a smart man
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

i know how you feel man. When i first got my car, i was so paranoid to install stuff to my engine alone. So i installed it with my friend. after installing it, i didn't really need my friends help, just a sock wrench because it was so easy. When i took out my intake only took me like 20min because i had trouble finding the stock bolts. I've learned, most thing you can unbolt, its pretty easy to put back together in Honda's. Just mess around with it, you'll learn so much more about cars if you do it yourself.

As for your mechanic friend, i think he's just an ****. Intake will help your top end and maybe help your mileage a little. It did for me.
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SingleCamCivic
man i know what you mean....i get a lot of **** for my car being An Automatic....believe me if i would have had a choice i would have gotten a 5 speed. but one thing ive learned from other people who are into the Import cars is....you have to work with what you got....haters will always be around. actually..with my Cvt tranny i have beat a few LX's in my day....but that gives me no right to brag. Just remember Work with what you got.

i agree, i get a lot of **** for having a automatic too. I didn't know how to drive a manual when i bought the car and i didn't want to learn how to drive stick on a new so i got an auto. I know now, but i'm happy with my auto. I drive over a 100miles per day and i drive through traffic a lot so the auto fits me perfectly. I still get 32-35mpg even for an auto. For the auto haters I just say who cares, manual civic, auto civic, its still a slow car.
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

ravolutionazx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
intake is not rice, getting it installed is =p
hahahahahaha..^^