General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Is this ricey?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Is this ricey?

Are sunshades ricey? Or should I just get a tint strip??
Old 12-27-2001
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait, the ones you put on when u park ur car? or the ones that have a suction cup for ur window? The ones that you put onw hen u park only are the str8 ones. Imean they ARE for protection. Not like you're rollin around with them 4/7. Its all upto you. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

02CarbonCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
he's talking about the part that goest just like the top 4 inches or so of your winshield..... it depends on what you put on it to make it "ricey".... i think if for example you have like neuspeed header and strut bar or whatever and you put a big neuspeed sunshade then that would be cool but thats about it, just my opinion.
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

ZITRO is an unknown quantity at this point
The foldable ones would do and I don't think it would be ricey coz it is for protection. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

hyperactive is an unknown quantity at this point
if its the soccer mom-winnie the pooh-monsters, inc.- suction window type thing- thats "rice" (can some1 give a definition for "rice" , maybe Websters[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] ) if its the kind that SpdRcrChk said- i guess thats allright. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

oatmeal is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm just curious...as i browse around this site ...i heard the word rice or ricey....or anything along that line...i was wondering what does it mean....i'm asian...and i was wondering if you are cracking on asian or is it just another slang word...just curious....someone please tell the real definition of the word.....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
as far as I can tell, ricey means "overdone"... ie an overdone or excessive spoiler or decals...

its really all a matter of opinion. some people will think some things are totally rice while others will think that it makes the car look perfect.

I'm not sure what kind of sun shade he's talking about... Would like more info. A bar of tint accross the top of the windshield usually makes your car appear faster than it is [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] robbclark1: are you talking about those blue gradient bars accross the top of some cars? need more info!
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

VTECnique is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe the term "rice" is used to describe a car that looks fast, but has nothing to back it up.

i.e.- a bunch of logos down your door panel when you have none of the stuff equipped on your car.

The sun visors however aren't ricey.
Old 12-27-2001

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, I meant that the tint or that vinyl sticker that blocks the sun. sunshade I am tired of the sun beating down on my eyes and the visor sits too low for me to see under it as I am over 6 feet tall. I don't want graphics on it just something plain to block the sun.
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally don't like the vinyl stickers being used as a sunshade. I prefer the tint strip across the front because it is still see-thru, but dark enough to keep the sun from killing your eyes. peace.
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

01blackCVC is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree wit UncleB, a nice tinted headliner over the front would do the job and it wouldnt block your vision but shields your eyes from the sun plus it looks phat on a car when all the windows are tinted. It kinda lowers your roofline a lil bit.
Old 12-27-2001

Thanks guys!
Old 12-28-2001
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice

<< Sorry, I meant that the tint or that vinyl sticker that blocks the sun. sunshade I am tired of the sun beating down on my eyes and the visor sits too low for me to see under it as I am over 6 feet tall. I don't want graphics on it just something plain to block the sun. >>

oh dear lord please go with the tint
Old 12-28-2001
Registered!!

SugarRay is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Are sunshades ricey? Or should I just get a tint strip?? >>

Hey,

IMO its your choice. ITs *Your* Car.

The term "rice" now has the same meaning with this sentence, if you asked.

"Are sunshades good for my car?"

If *you* like or don't like what something looks on your car, does it really matter what somebody else thinks? Especially since most us have totally different taste then you.

On my car, I have a blue honda civic seat belt pads. People have told me "Man, thats ricey (ugly)".

I reply "So F'N what? *I* like them"

To each their own.

RAy
Old 12-28-2001

Thanks Ray, Hondasport offered to help me with the sunshade, he has them on his car. I don't know what i want yet.
Old 12-28-2001
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmmmmmmm............ iduuno.........
personaly i wouldnt.......just my opinion......
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]