General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I know our vics are slow but this is too much for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I FuSe I has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I know our vics are slow but this is too much for me

I'm on my way to work. I take this two lane road which, after a light, merges into one. I get caught at the light and a Daewoo Dubian(?) grocery getter pulls up beside me. This fat bald guy eating McDonalds is driving. The right lanes merges to the left. Since everyone goes 10 miles under the speed limit on this road, I try to get ahead of them before the merge. The light turns green and the guy gets a half-car length ahead of me at the merge. I had to pull back cause this guy would of just side swiped me before he'd let me get ahead of him. Then, like all the rest, he slows back down doing 35 in a 45.

I don't know what's worse, getting killed by a Daewoo grocery getter off the line, or some *sshole that speeds up to get ahead of the rest of the cars just to go 10 miles under.

Sorry guys, just venting.

Last edited by I FuSe I; 01-20-2005 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-20-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
wow, that is pretty bad
Old 01-20-2005
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
i would have been on that horn the whole time. had to deal with some person going 35 in a 55 yesterday and of course the guy in his big truck behind me was right up my butt.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

winnerpl is an unknown quantity at this point
very sad. doesn't help the guy was fat. I duno I usually in my auto ex am able to get ahead of cars from a stop if I need to (which I rarely do).
Old 01-20-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I've never been in a situation where dropping a gear and revving it up didn't get me where I needed to be.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by winnerpl
very sad. doesn't help the guy was fat. I duno I usually in my auto ex am able to get ahead of cars from a stop if I need to (which I rarely do).

I have an auto EX too. I was WOT and a frickin Daewoo walked me. It ruined my day.
Old 01-20-2005
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
My cousins kia walks me all day.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

So is there any car that a stock civic can beat? The only one I can think of is the Scion xB. That car is like 100 hp.
Old 01-20-2005
Stop f*cking with me.

Grumble is an unknown quantity at this point
That seems a bit hard to believe. I regularly pass up cars that are similar to that one. Grocery-getters and what not. Most of the time, the driver is hell-bent on not letting me, but i pull through. What do you drive, auto, or manual? Alot of people talk about how slow our cars are, and yeah when compared to an f-ing RSX-S they are, but for their class, civics are quite good in my humble opinion.
Old 01-20-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
And that would be cutting it close. I think an xA tried to race....I shifted at 4k and it pulled 3 cars. So he must've been flooring it. Would've been even if I tried. oh yeah I have an auto 100whp.

Last edited by gearbox; 01-20-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
lol damn that sucks

i know every one says our cars are slow, but i think my **** is fast comapred to what i used to drive, and 87 s-10 blazer that would go 0 - 60 in 2 days
Old 01-20-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
bah. sad. lol.. i definately need a turbo..
Old 01-20-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
sad as is it, just b/c it's a Honda doesnt mean it will win.... I'm sure some Kia's and Hyudai's (sp?) can win in a drag as well.
Old 01-20-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by I FuSe I
So is there any car that a stock civic can beat? The only one I can think of is the Scion xB. That car is like 100 hp.
old school neons dude......the lastest neon i smoked with a bone stock AUTO EX was a 2000 neon se
Old 01-20-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
hahaha... wait till the next gen Civics come out. They'll have more power...
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
ive never had a problem getting ahead. i drove a 5spd though. the civic isnt THAT slow, neither are all the other "grocery getters", you just have to know how to drive them. i suppose its not really up to the driver if you have an auto though. sucks for you.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
do you drive a stick...or an auto. if its an auto then forget about beating anybody...haha jp. if you drive a stick...just learn how to launch and shift quick at the right rpm. ive beaten an auto integra gs w/ mods when i was stock(prolly the only one worth bragging about), a new gen eclipse w/ intake, and a few accords here and there.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

Keet will become famous soon enough
Well tricky crap. On the one hand he has the right to screw you cuz he had the better lane... yours ended. Happened to me too, you have two choices, hammer it or stay like a lost sheep.
The only reason I never got trapped like this before is cuz I was prepared to take the other car by complete surprise, cuz they didn't look to be expecting it. *Most* drivers have a fairly normal/slow reaction to green lights anyways... I don't know what your jerk was doing... maybe wanted to clear the way so you could get in behind him???
Old 01-20-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by deciuss
i would have been on that horn the whole time. had to deal with some person going 35 in a 55 yesterday and of course the guy in his big truck behind me was right up my butt.

I hate my gay *** road runner horn I avoid it no matter what.
Old 01-20-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
If there's a corner before the ramp, I usually smoke other cars because they're afraid to turn faster than 15mph.
Old 01-20-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Gotta love our suspension and weight tho
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
yeah i can't imagine driving our car in auto. if i wanna go "somewhat fast" then i take it to high rpms.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

Keet will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by QBoi
I hate my gay *** road runner horn I avoid it no matter what.
LOL!! This is so so true! I met one time with a bunch of people and their cars and we all did a "sound-off" and we all agreed the Civic has the lamest honk. The Road Runner may have had a funny "meek-meek"

... BUT AT LEAST HE WAS FAST!

Last edited by Keet; 01-20-2005 at 04:40 PM. Reason: drama
Old 01-20-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
yeah hopefully the next gen. of civics r faster
Old 01-20-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
my 02 lx manual can absolutely pullllll on my buddys 95 cougar that was built by a professional drag engine builder its got 140 hp and 215 torque and i pulled on him from behind and got a few car lengths (yes he knew we were racing lol)
Old 01-20-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
I'm on my way to work. I take this two lane road which, after a light, merges into one. I get caught at the light and a Daewoo Dubian(?) grocery getter pulls up beside me. This fat bald guy eating McDonalds is driving. The right lanes merges to the left. Since everyone goes 10 miles under the speed limit on this road, I try to get ahead of them before the merge. The light turns green and the guy gets a half-car length ahead of me at the merge. I had to pull back cause this guy would of just side swiped me before he'd let me get ahead of him. Then, like all the rest, he slows back down doing 35 in a 45.

I don't know what's worse, getting killed by a Daewoo grocery getter off the line, or some *sshole that speeds up to get ahead of the rest of the cars just to go 10 miles under.

Sorry guys, just venting.
the car you ran was a daewoo nubira. at least that's the closest thing to what you posted for the name. it run about a 17.5 in the 1/4 mile. i hope you're driving an auto DX.....
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by S2000man01
the car you ran was a daewoo nubira. at least that's the closest thing to what you posted for the name. it run about a 17.5 in the 1/4 mile. i hope you're driving an auto DX.....
and with a fat guy driving i'm sure it's much slower then that in the 1/4 mile.
Old 01-20-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
pwned
Old 01-20-2005
Godlike member

ex_03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
sad as is it, just b/c it's a Honda doesnt mean it will win.... I'm sure some Kia's and Hyudai's (sp?) can win in a drag as well.
What you mean the honda salesman lied to me? He said honda's in general will be any and all cars and planes for that matter...Im going to get my money back!!!!
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

SpeedFreak is an unknown quantity at this point
I have realized after 1000s of hours of comparing statistics and personal experience that 7th gen vics without swaps internal mods and forced induction are slow. It is very hard to believe i know, dont think about it or you will get depressed.

Quick Reply: I know our vics are slow but this is too much for me