General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

ok.... HIDs people. get used to them.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
ok.... HIDs people. get used to them.

I will never understand how people can get so pissed at a car or a person driving a car just because they have HIDs. I've certainly had my share of HIDs bouncing in my rear view or in my eyes from oncoming traffic, but it doesn't bother me in the least. You simply don't look at them, and drive like normal, or dim your rear view.

I'm on the way to work tonight, and I'm behind this guy who's moving a bit slow in the left lane. I'm not on his butt, though I'm close enough. Finally he speeds up and moves over, rather than block the left lane. After this he immediately moves in behind me and puts his brights on. I flip the rear view to dim them and he's now not even a thought in my mind.

If the guy had that much of a problem with it, he should have just moved over. or to quote what someone on s2ki.com said once.... move over and let me pass, because my tail lights are nowhere near as bright as my headlights.

it's the age of technology and people need to start getting used to it.
Old 11-22-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah I get similar problems in my 8. Had a construction worker type in a pickup flip me the bird and tell me to turn off my hi beams.
Old 11-22-2004
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
People here in CA don't seem to understand teh concept of left lane passing only...

It's really starting to irritate me
Old 11-23-2004
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
ever since i got HIDs thats happened to me many times, and i've noticed a lot of people moving over a lane and letting me pass or simply just doesnt want to be blinded, really that not hard to do
Old 11-23-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

CivicRocker02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RSXtypeIvtec
ever since i got HIDs thats happened to me many times, and i've noticed a lot of people moving over a lane and letting me pass or simply just doesnt want to be blinded, really that not hard to do
you just proved the point... why have them on your car if they blind peole? because their a pretty blue??? awsome dude you are u understand that they are blinding people so you keep them on????? weird.. i personally dont see a problem w/ them but if they cause this much of a problem then why keep them on?
Old 11-23-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
The only time I get flashed is when an old guy thinks they're too bright. Otherwise I could stare at em and they're not blinding at all. I always look at other people's headlights.
Old 11-23-2004
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
that's just the thing. the level of the HIDs is generally below a level that it wont get anyone in the eyes. however, some bumps in the road, or an odd incline/decline may cause that level to get them in the eyes at one point or another. at that point you either just dont look directly into them, or flip your rear view into it's "dim" mode.

it's not a big deal. people just like to bitch. besides. HIDs are safer and last far longer, and the clarity is amazing. if you've never driven behind the wheel of a car with HIDs you're missing out. once you go HID you never go back. lol
Old 11-23-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Some hids are annoyingly bright like the ones on trucks, but you can still look away or flip the mirror. What I don't like are the ricers that slap on a kit in their cheap ebay projectors and have so much glare it looks like a big light ball coming at you.
Old 11-23-2004
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ yeah i agree with gearbox there.

i like HIDs
Old 11-23-2004
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
the only thing worse than some sort of HID bouncing in my rearview mirror...

are halogens aimed wrong. whether they be oncoming traffic with a light aimed at you or a car behind you with blinding blue halogen bulbs aimed directly into my rearview mirror (broadway, can't dim it )

or just lifted trucks aiming their lights into my rear window.

whatever, i probably blind people with my fogs, but those are only on during the day...i swear i had some guy brake check me and flip me off and call me an ******* because he either thought my HIDs were flashing him to race or something or he just had a bad day and me following him in traffic didn't carry to well with him.
Old 11-23-2004
PH1
Registered!!

PH1 is an unknown quantity at this point
there was once this alero followin meh for the longest time .. i thought it had hids or their highbeams were on since damn it was so hella bright .. but the color didnt look blue or purple .. after bout 15 minz of drivin .. it turned out it was her highbeams .. damn was i pissed .. drivin with my head crouched .. i couldnt even switch lanes!
Old 11-23-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, I have OEM HIDs as well and I had to aim them down, everyone was flashing me and I got the people that get behind you and flash their hi-s too, so I was nice. for now....buhahahah

Last edited by Crackhead79; 11-23-2004 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-23-2004
E36 M3 Driver.

jonnyg is an unknown quantity at this point
In the past 2 1/2 months I've had my HIDs, there have been atleast 7 other cars that have flashed their brights at me, and one time it was 4 times on one street with in 2 mins and 2 of them were one right after another. I wonder what they think when I flash my brights back at them ... not to mention my lights are aimed pretty well.
Old 11-23-2004
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by S2000man01
that's just the thing. the level of the HIDs is generally below a level that it wont get anyone in the eyes. however, some bumps in the road, or an odd incline/decline may cause that level to get them in the eyes at one point or another. at that point you either just dont look directly into them, or flip your rear view into it's "dim" mode.

it's not a big deal. people just like to bitch. besides. HIDs are safer and last far longer, and the clarity is amazing. if you've never driven behind the wheel of a car with HIDs you're missing out. once you go HID you never go back. lol

yeah the hids are pretty nice, i noticed a pretty big difference when i was riding in my friends bimmer.

I have the really bright halogens too and i get flashed once in awhilie when i notice it. My halogens are set just below the side mirror from 25ft away.

Anyways best way to deal with people who high beam you just cuz there stupid is ding ding get limo tint all around . It doesnt matter who high beams you from the back, halogens, hids; with the tint is gonna seem like little white dots to you. I didn't even notice someone was high beaming me until i rolled down my front window and saw his lights through my side mirror. Then i just rolled it back up and let him keep tryin to high beam me. I'm not sure if people flick me off cuz i cant see out that well at night with the tint lol. They cant see in so i doubt most people try to waste there time by flicking off someone with 5% tint.
Old 11-23-2004
O RLY

Originally Posted by Crackhead79
lol, I have OEM HIDs as well and I had to aim them down, everyone was flashing me and I got the people that get behind you and flash their hi-s too, so I was nice. for now....buhahahah
oem hid's on a civic? or is this another car you are talking about. honda doesn't make HID's for the civic.
Old 11-23-2004
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CivicRocker02
you just proved the point... why have them on your car if they blind peole? because their a pretty blue??? awsome dude you are u understand that they are blinding people so you keep them on????? weird.. i personally dont see a problem w/ them but if they cause this much of a problem then why keep them on?
are you serious? yes, that is absolutely correct, i have HIDs because i love to blind people because i think its cool.
why not fork over a couple bills to be cool????

i have them because they actually do something useful, and just like s2000man said, certain angles/inclines in the road will affect the people in front me.

i guess im "cool" like all the thousands of other owners on the road with HIDs
Old 11-23-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I've never once been flashed for my HID's. I have them aimed low right now, but it's true once you go HID you never go back....except for my one buddy who put them on his 1.6EL and didn't like them.
Old 11-23-2004
Registered!!

TuRtLE714 will become famous soon enoughTuRtLE714 will become famous soon enough
I got some valeo projectors retrofited in mine and never got flashed. As long as u aim them correctly your good imo
Old 11-23-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
I think it's pretty ridiculous if you can do shadow puppets on the rear of the van ahead of you, while you're sitting in the car.

I dunno guys... it irritates me a bit. Maybe I should look into upgrading my eyes to the ones that auto-dim and have glare resistant! Or maybe I should just wear sunglasses at night
Old 11-23-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
Isn't that the reason they are illegal.

NHSTA proved that aftermarket hids produce too much glare and cause road rage. I have silverstars and people started moving out of the way on the highway, even when i wan't assriding. i really haven't been followed by a hid car but i can prolly bet its annoying as hell.
Old 11-23-2004
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lkm
Isn't that the reason they are illegal.

NHSTA proved that aftermarket hids produce too much glare and cause road rage. I have silverstars and people started moving out of the way on the highway, even when i wan't assriding. i really haven't been followed by a hid car but i can prolly bet its annoying as hell.

The main reason there illegal is because of people who dont aim them correctly. Instead of making a law to have them aimed correctly, which would be too difficult to enforce, they just banned them.

If you ever been in a car with hids, you will realize how much safer they make driving at night. The lumens they output is double that of halogens. Yes there are people who dont aim them correctly, but then again you can say the same thing about suv and truck drivers. There lights are at your face level, they eat lots of gass and most people that have them dont really need them except for people who are in construction or move lots of heavy cargon. Does this mean we should ban trucks and suvs?

If there someone behind you thats giving you a lot of glare just move out of the lane or get tint for the back. I have tint in the back and they make hids look like tanish little yellow dots.
Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
not sure if this has been covered cause i was lazy to read lol

if you know your blinding other drivers on the road with your hids, thats a signal to aim your lights correctly. i have no problem with ppl blinding me with their super blue purple hids, my eyes are strong. i see idiots driving with their high beams on cause they cant see when its not even during bad conditions.
Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
HIDs do need to be aimed correctly...I wish I could shoot all the owners with lifted trucks and HIDs. Its never aimed correctly.

The only vehicle with OEM HIDs that I have the biggest issue with is the Range Rover.
They just blind you! Every Range Rover I've come across has this problem.
Its like they aimed it so they can blind sedan drivers.
Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by S2000man01
I will never understand how people can get so pissed at a car or a person driving a car just because they have HIDs. I've certainly had my share of HIDs bouncing in my rear view or in my eyes from oncoming traffic, but it doesn't bother me in the least. You simply don't look at them, and drive like normal, or dim your rear view.

I'm on the way to work tonight, and I'm behind this guy who's moving a bit slow in the left lane. I'm not on his butt, though I'm close enough. Finally he speeds up and moves over, rather than block the left lane. After this he immediately moves in behind me and puts his brights on. I flip the rear view to dim them and he's now not even a thought in my mind.

If the guy had that much of a problem with it, he should have just moved over. or to quote what someone on s2ki.com said once.... move over and let me pass, because my tail lights are nowhere near as bright as my headlights.

it's the age of technology and people need to start getting used to it.
100% agreed!
Old 11-24-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
the fact that some of you are even getting flashed is the reason aftermarket hid kits are illegal. ive seen oem kits and aftermarket kits. needless to say, all oem kits looked alot better that shitty aftermarket kits that were aimed wrong.
Old 11-24-2004
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i dont know about you guys, but when i see bright lights coming at me and they hurt my eyes....i just look away. i figured that was common sense. CivicRocker02 said why have them on?... well, beginning with the fact that HID's are very much more effecient than halogens. Halogen lights create multiple times more heat than light, halogens will soon begin to die out. There is a reason why HID's are becoming more common, I for one, will never ever own a car without HID's. The light output is amazing.
Old 11-24-2004
AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

DaPipeLayer is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know what people are complaining about. You have people driving around with their high beams on AND they are Halogen lights. So because some people don't know how too aim their headlights correctly we should ban the whole thing. So basicly because some ricers put exhaust systems and loud @ss systems that get kinda annoying we should ban all of it. Like someone else said, we should ban all SUVs' and Trucks because they blind you as well. Their headlights are at face level and bright as hell. If you have someone with bright lights behind you just get out of the way or flip the rearview mirror, just as simple as that.
Old 11-24-2004
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
HID's rule... Ever since I've had mine I'll never go back... I've aimed mine a couple of times trying to get them right... I live way down in south texas so I get people flashing me all the time even during the day.. But I mean I see Escalades and BMW's thats lights look as bright as mine and I'm sure they get the same thing from others...
Old 11-24-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
I dont see why there is a problem with HIDs... Almost every car in production is coming with HIDs or as an option/upgrade from factory.

There is absolutley no GLARE with projector OEM HIDs, and there is maximum light output (whats so bad about that?)

With reflective based headlights.. Yea, there is some glare but, If the lights are AIMED correctly, then there shouldnt be a problem.

With aftermarket kits, there are quality issues... If you spend money on a crappy kit, you will obviously get crappy performance. This is why the government wants to ban kits... A lot of kits do blind oncomming traffic.

My headlights will not blind you if you stare at them... If you go and bend down then, you will get ****ed. Of course whenever I hit a bump the light will hit your sidemirror/rear mirror but, thats the road, not my lights
Old 11-24-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
HID's rule... Ever since I've had mine I'll never go back... I've aimed mine a couple of times trying to get them right... I live way down in south texas so I get people flashing me all the time even during the day.. But I mean I see Escalades and BMW's thats lights look as bright as mine and I'm sure they get the same thing from others...
Glade you like your HIDs

The only time I get flashed is when im driving towards someone going uphill or going around a turn

When driving, arent you supposed to pay attention to the road, rather than someones headlights?

Quick Reply: ok.... HIDs people. get used to them.