General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

awful news.......terrible awful news!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy awful news.......terrible awful news!

ok i dont know if anyone remembers this but like a month ago i made a post about a speeding ticket (105 in a 65) well tomorrow is the court date and my lawyer said they wont reduce the charge to reckless driving. so im going to lose my license. now for more bad news. i was driving around since tonight was gonna be my last night with my license and it started raining really bad. and some streets in lexington were gettin flooded and i drove through some nasty puddles and now i think i might have water in my engine how do i tell? ive got a cold air intake with no bypass valve. my dad is gonna take my car home with him tomorrow after court. im just hoping itll start up for court.
Old 10-18-2004
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
ohhh men... i hope things will work out on you... god bless.
Old 10-18-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
take the plugs out and leave the holes exposed, then crank the engine and i think thats how you get water out of an engine, but someone plz correct me if im wrong
Old 10-18-2004
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
They wont reduce the charge. because anything over 100+ is considerd fellony speeding...you sol sorry bro..hey atleast you aint goin to jail.
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
hey same thing happened with me and my boy. I was going 100+ in a 45 (US 1) was about to go to jail that night when they pulled me over but they decided to give me a ticket for reckless driving. was already getting ready to go to boot camp for marine corp and my recruiter talked to the judge or whatever and got my reckless ticket scratched from the records.

Reckless driving is no joke. good luck to you.
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
about the water in engine, if you see white smoke coming out of your exhaust, youve got water in engine
Old 10-18-2004
Premium Member

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
its too late to remove water from the engine.
basically the water goes through the filter into the intake manifold and rather then gas and air filling your cylinders its gas and water and water does not compress that easily. sooo you end up with bent pistons.

hey maybe while you lose your license you can save on gas and stuff and buy a k20!
Old 10-18-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
hope everything works out for you bro.
Old 10-19-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by speedracersong
its too late to remove water from the engine.
basically the water goes through the filter into the intake manifold and rather then gas and air filling your cylinders its gas and water and water does not compress that easily. sooo you end up with bent pistons.

hey maybe while you lose your license you can save on gas and stuff and buy a k20!
at least someone is looking up

sorry to hear about the 100+ in a 65
Old 10-19-2004
SiG
Registered!!

SiG will become famous soon enoughSiG will become famous soon enough
Hope things magically turn around for you bro
Old 10-19-2004
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
Good Luck.
Old 10-19-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
If you have water in your engine it would be running like crap...but yes, take your spark plugs out one at a time and crank the engine to get water out if its in there.
Old 10-19-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by modoman
take the plugs out and leave the holes exposed, then crank the engine and i think thats how you get water out of an engine, but someone plz correct me if im wrong
flood damage hes screwed the end of story....
but he can claim it to insurence! if you do it right
Old 10-19-2004
I Am The Funky Monkey!!!

BausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mexinaction
hey same thing happened with me and my boy. I was going 100+ in a 45 (US 1) was about to go to jail that night when they pulled me over but they decided to give me a ticket for reckless driving. was already getting ready to go to boot camp for marine corp and my recruiter talked to the judge or whatever and got my reckless ticket scratched from the records.

Reckless driving is no joke. good luck to you.
I think the real reason was the Judge knew you'd learn discipline and responsibility while in the Corps. I've heard of judge's either handing down lesser punishment or flat out dismissing most charges on the fact that the person will be serving in the Military.
One of my soldiers was busted for a DUI before we were set to deploy to Kosovo (Early 2001). I went to the judge and informed him that the unit was deploying and that the military would prefer to punish him instead (showed him our deployment orders and his counseling statement informing him he was being considered for UCMJ). The judge took it at face value and dismissed all charges, citing the Military was to take jurisdiction. The only thing that happened to him was that he did a couple days extra duty and he was restricted to the barracks for a few days.
Old 10-19-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
how do u lose ur license? not your first offense? anyways, i drive like 100mph alot in tx and haven't heard of felony speeding but never got pulled over going that fast. either way, kid you can still drive around with a suspended license but you have to be carefull and actually obey the law.
Old 10-19-2004
Premium Member

genx_7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by lkm
how do u lose ur license? not your first offense? anyways, i drive like 100mph alot in tx and haven't heard of felony speeding but never got pulled over going that fast. either way, kid you can still drive around with a suspended license but you have to be carefull and actually obey the law.
please don't listen to this guy. even if you are careful and obey the law you can still get pulled over for something. why risk the chance of not getting your license back for years.
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd never drive on a suspended license, thats just crazy. I have a manual witch is addicting to punch it, but i've never speed like that in an automatic, there for chilling and driving slow.
Old 10-19-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
ok ive got updates updates updates. my lawyer got my trial pushed back to december 16th woohoo he said i might still lose it but ill have some time with my license before i do lose it. and now for the other updates. my car runs like ****. its terrible i try to punch it and it just feels worse than stock. so i called street sports customs here in lexington and im towing it over there tomorrow afternoon. heres the plan. if my engine is shot im calling on my fellow members here at 7thgen to help me out. got a D17a laying around? if so please help a desperate member out, im screwed with out the civic. i will pay you but i cant pay you much for the engine.