General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Dateline NBC

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Dateline NBC

On saturday I think it was...no maybe friday...dateline NBC had a special on streetracing...the dangers and what not...

to them because they didn't jump on the "streetracing is wrong, you shouldn't do it because you risk other people bandwagon"...every ****ing time I hear the words streetracing, some self-righteous jackass gives that speech to try to impress other people around him when in reality he is a monster on the roads too...

anyways congrats to them on reporting the facts, and not opinions on the matter...they interviewed a couple of "tuners" in the tristate area...turns out they had some kickass cars

A couple Civics, a special on where racing is legal - the track...they showed 3 drag races, the last had a silver bone stock srt4 (it looked bone stock ) racing against another car...only saw a red rear corner, no guess but the srt4 burned it. looks like the srt4 is 2 for 2 in TV appearances
Old 10-17-2004
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wish I saw that.
Old 10-17-2004
Registered!!

snowboreddave is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, i saw that.. it was pretty good.. really showed the teckademics guys and the crazy stupid antics they pull..
Old 10-17-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
is it gonna show again?
Old 10-17-2004
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

JX6 has a spectacular aura aboutJX6 has a spectacular aura about
Damn I miss everything.

My dad took my car for finding out I raced a tiburon 2 months ago.
He's such a hypocrite.He had a celica when he was in his twenties and told
me he never raced.....
Thats BS!
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by snowboreddave
yeah, i saw that.. it was pretty good.. really showed the teckademics guys and the crazy stupid antics they pull..
jeez they are retarted...
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by jttegx
is it gonna show again?
dunnno

flipped to it by accident...saw DX hatch w/ coffee can exhaust and it caught my eye...turned out to be pretty good and bashed the guys with the DX
Old 10-17-2004
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
LOL I flipped around the channels to that night and stumbled upon it. Glad it was early in the show otherwise I wouldn't have seen it. Some of that street-racing on film was horrific - I'm honestly glad I don't see that stuff all that often here. Probably because I live a sheltered life
Old 10-17-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

CivicRocker02 is an unknown quantity at this point
your sig is huge..... but yea thatd be cool if they showed it again
Old 10-17-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh the main guy from teckademics (dustin) lives bout 5 miles from me and they always go up to the big meets and do dumb stuff
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by acurastype01
yeh the main guy from teckademics (dustin) lives bout 5 miles from me and they always go up to the big meets and do dumb stuff
I'm adding dustin to my hit list.

I hate streetracers, but I refuse to get on the bandwagon. People can take their self-righteous speeches and shove them up their asses. I don't agree with streetracing, but I do defend their right to make their own choices. As other drivers, if we don't want to be put at risk by their careless actions, we either have to

a) pull over and call the cops with license plates, vehicle and driver descriptions
b) stay the hell off the roads
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by janlop
LOL I flipped around the channels to that night and stumbled upon it. Glad it was early in the show otherwise I wouldn't have seen it. Some of that street-racing on film was horrific - I'm honestly glad I don't see that stuff all that often here. Probably because I live a sheltered life
same here. found it like 4 mins in. was a good show in my opinion. best dateline ever, lol!
Old 10-17-2004
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
They taped that like last year. They finally showed it. They kept putting it off because of more "important" stuff. I was looking foward to seeing it but whe they show it I miss it. Oh well. Dustin may be crazy but he's a pretty nice guy.
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by AznThug08
They taped that like last year. They finally showed it. They kept putting it off because of more "important" stuff. I was looking foward to seeing it but whe they show it I miss it. Oh well. Dustin may be crazy but he's a pretty nice guy.
I'm sure he is. I just don't appreciate what he does on the roads.

I mean, I watch drifting, WRC, and autocross and say things like "oh my ****ing god those guys are crazy good"...I just wish they wouldn't practice on the streets I take to work. If they really want to streetrace, there are plenty of industrial roads that have absolutely no one on them at 2AM. Do it there. That way, when some 16 1/2 year old kid in daddy's M3 who thinks he's ****ing Paul Walker and completely untouchable puts it in a ditch, he kills himself and ONLY himself...
Old 10-17-2004
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
I saw that program... I just thought the things those guys were doing on public highways and streets was stupid. They might know how to drive but some soccer mom driving her kids home from practice might not see them coming and she wouldn't expect them to be coming up that fast on her blind spot...that's all it takes to get into a really big mess..
Old 10-17-2004
Registered!!

zackde is an unknown quantity at this point
i posted it thursday

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=178334
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by born2xLr8
I saw that program... I just thought the things those guys were doing on public highways and streets was stupid. They might know how to drive but some soccer mom driving her kids home from practice might not see them coming and she wouldn't expect them to be coming up that fast on her blind spot...that's all it takes to get into a really big mess..
90% of the time they have no clue how to drive...if you haven't been to driving school you have no buisness doing it.

the other 10% who can pull those moves off should consider the fact that although they can, the people around them don't have the same skill
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by zackde
wow that's a long thread
Old 10-17-2004
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
Your sig is long.

And I guess I agree with the majority... it takes two make an accident. Drive how you want, but you can't anticipate the moves of the douchebag in front of you.
Old 10-17-2004
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
dustin usually doesn't drive. it's usually dado who does the driving and afaik, he has gone through driving school...and has also gone through multiple M3's. i fear for my life whenever i see a loud dakkar yellow m3 on the roads.

i didn't get a chance to watch the program though.
Old 10-17-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
On saturday I think it was...no maybe friday...dateline NBC had a special on streetracing...the dangers and what not...

to them because they didn't jump on the "streetracing is wrong, you shouldn't do it because you risk other people bandwagon"...every ****ing time I hear the words streetracing, some self-righteous jackass gives that speech to try to impress other people around him when in reality he is a monster on the roads too...

anyways congrats to them on reporting the facts, and not opinions on the matter...they interviewed a couple of "tuners" in the tristate area...turns out they had some kickass cars

A couple Civics, a special on where racing is legal - the track...they showed 3 drag races, the last had a silver bone stock srt4 (it looked bone stock ) racing against another car...only saw a red rear corner, no guess but the srt4 burned it. looks like the srt4 is 2 for 2 in TV appearances
have you seen that new colbalt add on tv? where it nudges the vette over and over than the vette gets pissed turns around and flashes its lights
thats like an srt-4 with the viper whos your daddy!!!

sorry just liked the comercial hehe
Old 10-17-2004
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
i miss it.... dang!
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
have you seen that new colbalt add on tv? where it nudges the vette over and over than the vette gets pissed turns around and flashes its lights
thats like an srt-4 with the viper whos your daddy!!!

sorry just liked the comercial hehe
lol...what the hell...off topic

yeah, I've seen the add...speaking of viper vs. srt-4...our stage 3 turbo upgrade is coming out soon

supposedly 335 HP for only 3 grand...that's a mid-12 second car for 23k

I only bring this up because a viper srt10 land is near 12.5 (but that'll run you 70k lol)
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by infinite012
dustin usually doesn't drive. it's usually dado who does the driving and afaik, he has gone through driving school...and has also gone through multiple M3's. i fear for my life whenever i see a loud dakkar yellow m3 on the roads.

i didn't get a chance to watch the program though.
hahaha I was just about to chime in and how many cars has he put into pieces
Old 10-17-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

johnovan is an unknown quantity at this point
1)srt4 needs to get a life.
2)stop wasting our bandwith
3)pull that ***** out of his ***
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

I need a block user box for my posts to keep this idiot out.
Old 10-18-2004
Proud Protaganistic Propagandist

MisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trusted
I saw that program....I wish I knew where those guys lived. I would blow their cars up and cut off their hands and feet so they couldn't drive anymore....

It pissed me off watching those dip *****.
Old 10-18-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
lol, id follow them and watch them and maybe learn to drive from his ***. but now i know to watch the **** out for a yellow m3
Old 10-18-2004
I Wanna Die Like God on the Cover of Time!

incubus7d is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont think there is any problem with street racing at all, well i take part of that back its the stupid kids in there moms civics or rich kids with there dads M3 that mess it up. This topic always comes up, first off that teckademics stuff, i like to watch the racing in the videos i think its good stuff and 2nd the Yellow M3 is awsome id take his ca rover any car anyday!!! the Dado guy know whats hes doing, id trust driving with hm anyday or around him. I missed this new show i wish i saw it but i didnt. ANyway the point im saying is, i dont see any point in working on your car and not using it, are u goign to go to the track and pay ever single weeek when you wanna race, im not, its a waste of money when you can do it on some back road etc. Prolly no one is goign to like what im saying but o weel its how i fell, I can do anything i want as long as i except the consequences!!!!!
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
i agree with ya..incubus7d..

Quick Reply: Dateline NBC