General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

SRT-4 on SSR GT1's

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jttegx
what kind of times does it run with pump gas? 91 im assuming.

how often are you filling in 103 gas in your neon?
everytime I go to englishtown. if you're going to the track you better have 103 octane and slicks, no matter what car you are driving (unless you're either a diesel or need higher octane...). without those two items, you prove you're a joke

it needs 93 octane so says the book...best time I have seen on 93 is a 13.7 (keep in mind this was a 22 year old kid...good driver, but nothing compared to the pros road and track have at their disposal...)
Old 10-13-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that road and track had a passenger...take out that extra ~200 lbs. and I'd like to see what kinda times...13.2? 13.1???
Old 10-13-2004
Banned

I never knew they took the pt turbo engine, slapped it on an neon along with a mitsu turbocharger and then created the neon srt-4. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ay/index5.html[/QUOTE]
once again motor trend has no ****ing clue of what they're talking about...motors are given codes sequentially...

srt4 A853
pt cruiser gt turbo A855

hmmm...I wonder which one came first...
Old 10-13-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
the owners manual requires 93 octance? jesus... at least it gets a decent amount of miles per gallon.

wheres the link where it does 13.3 stock on 103 gas?
Old 10-13-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by jttegx
the owners manual requires 93 octance? jesus... at least it gets a decent amount of miles per gallon.

wheres the link where it does 13.3 stock on 103 gas?
I'm trying to find one. I read it in the magazine, not online. I'll post it if I find it.
Old 10-13-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
I'm trying to find one. I read it in the magazine, not online. I'll post it if I find it.
ah ic.

if turbo applications can make a use out of race fuel, makes me wonder how much difference 103 race gas will do to other turbo'd cars like sti, supraTT, evo, etc.
Old 10-13-2004
Banned

word. I'm not sure what the tests from road and track on the evo and sti were (2 passenger standard...I mean in terms of gas) but if those were run on 93 I can only dream what the times would be with 103

sti...13.1??

evo...12.9???
Old 10-13-2004
Registered!!

AdamOSU is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's another stat on the SRT-4.... go to edmunds and check this out... SRT-4 28% residual value (Top ten cars with the worst residual value for 2004)... to compare it to another car.. the S2000 is almost at the top of the list (Top ten cars with the best residual value for 2004) at 52%... just for comparison... so basically you have a fast fwd Neon with a Neon chassis of course with no residual value... sounds good to me...

Last edited by AdamOSU; 10-13-2004 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-13-2004
E36 M3 Driver.

jonnyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
road and track magazine. I would love for you to find a more reliable and consistent source than that. 03 srt-4 on 103 octane race gas on a nice spring day

.....with DRs going down hill with a tailwind below sea level
Old 10-13-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by AdamOSU
Here's another stat on the SRT-4.... go to edmunds and check this out... SRT-4 28% residual value (Top ten cars with the worst residual value for 2004)... to compare it to another car.. the S2000 is almost at the top of the list (Top ten cars with the best residual value for 2004) at 52%... just for comparison... so basically you have a fast fwd Neon with a Neon chassis of course with no residual value... sounds good to me...
I love when people bring absolutely worthless stats like this up. for the millionth time I'm a drag racer and this is my dream car...the only stats that I care about are drag stats, and I don't give a flying **** about how the value of the car goes down because this is my dream car and I'm going to drive it until it dies

someone would seriously have to offer me six digits for my "neon" for me to even consider giving it up
Old 10-13-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by jonnyg
.....with DRs going down hill with a tailwind below sea level
If I remember right it was sea level, seventy something degrees, and like 30% humidity

I've memorized most of the article lol

now if only I didn't have a dollar-store scanner...
Old 10-13-2004
Registered!!

jamesbbh is an unknown quantity at this point
ok what is you guy's problem. i had an 01 civic for 3 years and did almost everything you could to it. loved it. now i have a srt-4 and it kicks the civic in the ***** on so many aspects its not even funny. i want a few good reasons, other than the HEADLIGHTS, that a "civic chassis" is better than a "neon chassis" civic 1.127hp 2. tranny that will take a **** at anything over 160 hp 3. still looks good (dont get me wrong) 4. 1.7l
neon 1. 230 hp 250 tq 2. stock LSD 3. stock viper seats 4. 2.4l
and dont say handling b/c ive done some mods to both and i think the srt handles better o and stops better (all wheel discs). i still respect civics a lot i just dont like all this **** bieng talked all the time about the srt. and the srt was about 3 grand more than my civic.
James
o and adamosu a "racier image" would constitute it not backing up any of the looks, which it more than does.o and how is the cobalt any different?

Last edited by jamesbbh; 10-13-2004 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2004
Registered!!

I dont give a **** about the cobalt. It sucks too. I was just using that quote to be dumb, but you SRT fools get all defensive. Hell I was going to get one when they first came out, and I found myself defending it all the time. So I know where you are coming from. Tough to defend a Neon though. I must say, so I gave up. Did I not just mention what is wrong with this car? No residual value, fwd, cheap interior (other than the oh so great viper seats), truck shifter, ricer exterior (painted calipers, wing, etc. etc.), looks like ****, Ok I'm done.. But I got nothing but love for those Neons. Keep up the great work guys.
Old 10-13-2004
Registered!!

No, the point of the quote is that it is just a Neon with a different engine. So there's it's "racier" image for ya. And backing up what looks? LOL
Old 10-13-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

the neon srt-4 is pretty much already "modded" and ready to go. kinda like the sti with its momo parts and fancy pieces. but from what i see is most people would diss the neon because of its reputation since the very first one came out (early 90's?). it was a "girly" type car back then because it had the bug eyes and choices of "fruity" colors. even though that was the past, people are gonna bring it up to the present.

i dont hate neon srt-4s, just the owners/drivers
Old 10-13-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by jamesbbh
ok what is you guy's problem. i had an 01 civic for 3 years and did almost everything you could to it. loved it. now i have a srt-4 and it kicks the civic in the ***** on so many aspects its not even funny. i want a few good reasons, other than the HEADLIGHTS, that a "civic chassis" is better than a "neon chassis" civic 1.127hp 2. tranny that will take a **** at anything over 160 hp 3. still looks good (dont get me wrong) 4. 1.7l
neon 1. 230 hp 250 tq 2. stock LSD 3. stock viper seats 4. 2.4l
and dont say handling b/c ive done some mods to both and i think the srt handles better o and stops better (all wheel discs). i still respect civics a lot i just dont like all this **** bieng talked all the time about the srt. and the srt was about 3 grand more than my civic.
James
o and adamosu a "racier image" would constitute it not backing up any of the looks, which it more than does.o and how is the cobalt any different?
**** yes man. A-****ING-MEN!

I don't know, I think they're just too stupid to realize you can love a Civic and something else
Old 10-13-2004
Banned

I dont give a **** about the cobalt. It sucks too. I was just using that quote to be dumb, but you SRT fools get all defensive. Hell I was going to get one when they first came out, and I found myself defending it all the time. So I know where you are coming from. Tough to defend a Neon though. I must say, so I gave up. Did I not just mention what is wrong with this car? No residual value, fwd, cheap interior (other than the oh so great viper seats), truck shifter, ricer exterior (painted calipers, wing, etc. etc.), looks like ****, Ok I'm done.. But I got nothing but love for those Neons. Keep up the great work guys.
painted calipers...they are standard red from Plymouth racing...???

does have a truck shifter...short throw from Mopar is

no residual value...if you love the car you have no intention of selling it...

fwd...yeah, so is a civic, and most other cars for that matter...if you want RWD or AWD add 10grand to the price (oh and by the way...2005 is the last model year for the Neon...Dodge is reworking the platform to an AWD lancer-type model...the rework may or may not be named "Neon")
Old 10-13-2004
Banned

No, the point of the quote is that it is just a Neon with a different engine. So there's it's "racier" image for ya. And backing up what looks? LOL
take a early model neon and drop the A853 into it. Now take it to the track. When you realize that you're running 15's, you'll figure out how much more modding you have to do to actually be an srt-4...

(I know a kid who did a full coversion...he did the motor first and ran solid 15.1's all night long for two months)

entire motor...block...pistons and rods, rockers, lifters, heads valves etc etc etc etc
TURBO!
clutch+shifter
trans
most of the interior
suspension - you wouldn't believe how much work he found he had to do
motor/trans mounts
wheels/tires

etc. etc. etc. the list goes on and on and on...