General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Test Drove SRT-4 today

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grindsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Test Drove SRT-4 today

... I must say . That car is great. People may bash it for being a neon but if i was given the opportunity to take it i would in a heart beat. I must admit that i do not particulary like the styling compared to some cars (mine for one) but i would not be buying that car for its looks because the performance is insane for the price. I must say that Dodge did make a fun, affordable car. Lol o yeh and there is this kid in my town with a blue Type S with 35k miles on it and a few mods that is considering trading in for the SRT-4 that I drove . I told the guy to call me because i might buy that RSX from the kid if thats what he wants to do. That would be cool.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

snowboreddave is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome. the SRT-4 is THE best bang for the buck car. you can get the stage 3, installed, warrantied, with approx. 350 hp for 25 grand?!! damn yes. if only it was in another body.
Old 10-06-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
hell body is easy to adjust; $300 of fiberglass/bondo and alot of hours. but the interior is that hideous neon interior. why?
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

i know. my honda just feels roomier. but again, the performance makes up for the luxury bc face it, its by far not a luxury car
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

matrix311 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by snowboreddave
awesome. the SRT-4 is THE best bang for the buck car. you can get the stage 3, installed, warrantied, with approx. 350 hp for 25 grand?!! damn yes. if only it was in another body.
so they advertise man, i have a bunch of friends that are members of the srt forums and at their last meet i went there and talked to them all and they all mentioned that the minute you do put on that stuff, whether it was installed at dodge or not, it'll void out your warranty. They have a prime example of someone that got the stage 2 kit installed on their car and something happened and dodge wouldnt touch it. I dont remember exactly what it is, but even though they do advertise that, their full of ****. Thats the bad thing! But yes, i'm nearly tempted to rid my '04 civic for a clearance '04 srt-4. I love those things, they are bitchen fast for the money
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought all that mopar stuff was covered under warrenty. I say try and swap that engine into the civic. That would be awesome.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

that would be really awesome and really expensive. lol that car pulls so hard. i have not riden in an Evo or Sti but that is what i imagine that they are like. Its so wierd though bc the only half way fast cars I've been in (besides my friends 71 vette) are Honda/Acuras and I'm use to having the Vtec pull (i feel like an idiot saying that). It was awesome to have that pull from the beginning. haha. The car sounded so great too. I love that turbo whistling in higher rpms. It about gave me chills. I know there are much faster cars then that but I like it alot. It was a much needed relief from a bad day of mine.
Old 10-06-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
if that kid sells his rsx-s for a neon srt-4. he'd be losing out big time. by the time he can afford that neon srt-4 from the lot, he could've prob got an hondata, bolt ons, and other clean mods and compete with that neon.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

well i don't think that kid can drive to be honest. he has been beat by cars running low 15s at the track and he is spraying. 75 or 100 shot not sure which one. I would be hesitant about buying in from him bc the dealer was friends with him and said that this kid has gone through a considerable amount of cars due to tranny/engine problems. Lol not to sure if i want to pay 2 or 3 grand for a car that probably is void of its warranties and then have the tranny go out.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

big_daddy_b_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jttegx
if that kid sells his rsx-s for a neon srt-4. he'd be losing out big time. by the time he can afford that neon srt-4 from the lot, he could've prob got an hondata, bolt ons, and other clean mods and compete with that neon.
HAHA. I must say I drove the SRT-4 and you know what the Civic is going bye-bye. To be honest I really don't think that the s will be able to compete because the best times i've seen on turbo and nitrous fed s's were in the 12's cause some guy was talkin **** in the engine build up thread and he got like the top 5 or so fastest times and on srtforums there are a few people in the 11's. oh yeah and not like you should be goin this fast but i think it's cool that the car can and has before by people who like to top out their cars gone over 150 mph. my friend recently got one too and we got it up to 153 from a stop with him and my 200+lb @ss in the car.

also about the warranty part yes some dealers are full of **** advertising they cover it in warranty. BUT there are some dealers that will you just got to find them and as i was told make sure they put it in writing because if they go back on it when it's written down and signed you could nail there @ss to the wall. oh and mopar has not put out stage 3 yet but it is comin. i'm gettin my srt in a month or so i'm savin to help with downpayment but i've already bought my first mods: iceman CAI, iceman 60 mm TB, Mopar/Borla 3" exhaust, 3" downpipe w/ 02 sensor, and i'm waitin for my stage 2 w/ toys to come in. the toys are pretty cool, it's like an intercooler sprayer, a race gas mode for 100+ octane fuel and some other cool crap and also raises the rev limit from 6200 to 6500. i know the car is a neon and only the front looks semi cool but d@mn it can move and i can't wait to get mine.

Last edited by big_daddy_b_99; 10-06-2004 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-06-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
tight car i actually like the exterior styling
Old 10-06-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
yup, srt-4 is nice. too bad it doesn't come from honda/acura
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

03AzNsIlvaSeDaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by lkm
yup, srt-4 is nice. too bad it doesn't come from honda/acura
ya true that!
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
That Mopar crap is not covered under warranty.

The interior and body is still a cheap plastic neon.

350 HP into a crappy Dodge drivetrain? I'll give the trans a month before it breaks.

I hate these things. Yeah, I know, they are the best car for around $20,000 and they are fast as Hell and will beat Mustangs and Camaros all day long but you still get Dodge reliability, ugly design, cheap plastic parts (minus the seats), a 4X4 chassi for some reason LOL, To me they are the new DSM. Fast when running but be prepaired to be wrenching on them a lot if you plan on racing it.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Silversleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Our cars are nicer, we use expensive plastic on our interiors.
Old 10-06-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I would honestly let that car sit in the market for a few years before I touched it. Wait til it some of them hit higher mileage and see what happens to them. If Dodge holds true to form, they'll all wind up dead on the side of the road and traded in at various dealerships around North America.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Pharoh
I would honestly let that car sit in the market for a few years before I touched it. Wait til it some of them hit higher mileage and see what happens to them. If Dodge holds true to form, they'll all wind up dead on the side of the road and traded in at various dealerships around North America.
Bingo! And then people will buy the used ones and spend more money trying to keep them running than anything and cry about buying it in the first place.

Oh, and I hear that the SRT-4 won't be around much longer in the current form. I hear they plan on redoing it on an EVO chassi for 2006 (I could be wrong on the year).
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bobbyd
Bingo! And then people will buy the used ones and spend more money trying to keep them running than anything and cry about buying it in the first place.

Oh, and I hear that the SRT-4 won't be around much longer in the current form. I hear they plan on redoing it on an EVO chassi for 2006 (I could be wrong on the year).

Thats exactly what I heard. I've heard that they are getting rid of the current body style and that in '06 they are coming out with a new design SRT-4. I'm curious to see what that is going to look like. Hopefully by than they''ll have all the bugs and kinks removed from the car.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by matrix311
Thats exactly what I heard. I've heard that they are getting rid of the current body style and that in '06 they are coming out with a new design SRT-4. I'm curious to see what that is going to look like. Hopefully by than they''ll have all the bugs and kinks removed from the car.

Cool, glad someone else heard it too. I will be it will be just like the EVO except for soem different interior and exterior parts. Sort of lik how the Saab 92-X is a WRX. Oh, and I will bet the SRT-4 goes from a $20,000 to a $30,000 car in the transformation.

Oh, and if you search the web some it loks like the rumors are it will not only have a Mitsu body but a Hyundai engine.

Last edited by bobbyd; 10-06-2004 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
so they advertise man, i have a bunch of friends that are members of the srt forums and at their last meet i went there and talked to them all and they all mentioned that the minute you do put on that stuff, whether it was installed at dodge or not, it'll void out your warranty. They have a prime example of someone that got the stage 2 kit installed on their car and something happened and dodge wouldnt touch it. I dont remember exactly what it is, but even though they do advertise that, their full of ****. Thats the bad thing! But yes, i'm nearly tempted to rid my '04 civic for a clearance '04 srt-4. I love those things, they are bitchen fast for the money
we all are tempted.....
Old 10-06-2004
I want a TSX!

sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
I'm curious to see what that is going to look like. Hopefully by than they''ll have all the bugs and kinks removed from the car.
Dodge = bugs and kinks no matter what, its a part of their heritage. American cars are poop.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sevenplaces
Dodge = bugs and kinks no matter what, its a part of their heritage. American cars are poop.
eh, I don't know about that. I would sport a Crossfire or Pacifica without hesitation. They are considered "American cars" whatever that means now-a-days.
Old 10-06-2004
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
all i got to say is BS you guys think thats the fastest car for under 20,000$ none of you have any idea how fast some cars are that you can get for uner 20,000
For instance my best friends brother is selling his 96 BMW M3 which would smoke that SRT4 any day without the supercharger that it has. i've been in the car while he's raced a mustang SVT cobra and we beat it by almost 2 car lengths.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bobbyd
Cool, glad someone else heard it too. I will be it will be just like the EVO except for soem different interior and exterior parts. Sort of lik how the Saab 92-X is a WRX. Oh, and I will bet the SRT-4 goes from a $20,000 to a $30,000 car in the transformation.

Oh, and if you search the web some it loks like the rumors are it will not only have a Mitsu body but a Hyundai engine.
I dont think they would put a Hyundai engine in there. Currently the engines are mitsubishi. I had a dodge stratus just before my civic and put on 160,000 miles and the only problem I had (which was my fault) is that timing belt broke and I procrastinated on changing it before it went bad. Due to that going bad i just sold the Stratus as is to a mechanic, he fixed it for 300 bucks and now he has a perfect working car. But as far as that car was, it was a mitsubishi engine.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Id take that 400hp one in a heartbeat

the lightweight one?? ya know what im talkin about??

oh and like everyone else says...its not that i care its a neon its that if its "not a neon" why'd they make it look like one, i just hate that round round body style

Last edited by cdmx; 10-06-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 04|5spdCivic
all i got to say is BS you guys think thats the fastest car for under 20,000$ none of you have any idea how fast some cars are that you can get for uner 20,000
For instance my best friends brother is selling his 96 BMW M3 which would smoke that SRT4 any day without the supercharger that it has. i've been in the car while he's raced a mustang SVT cobra and we beat it by almost 2 car lengths.
not without supercharger...
old m3s are fuking slow.....they are only as fast as a 330i current
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 04|5spdCivic

Ok....it is the fastest car you can buy for $20,000 NEW. That is what people mean.
Old 10-06-2004
Banned

Ramones is an unknown quantity at this point
SRT-4 is a fun car to drive. Power band is nice with plenty of torque. Test drove the SRT-4, RSX-S, and WRX about 6 months ago on the same day and felt that the SRT-4 was the best value.

SRT-4: nice shifter (like mine a bit weighted), nice styling, torque, awsome bargain, but seating was a bit too high.

RSX-S: nice interior but didn't like the 6 speed at all, power wasn't that great either, car is over priced.

WRX: manual is absolutely garbage (shift feel was horrible), turbo lag is horrible, handling is nice though, car seemed like a better value than RSX-S, but i wouldn't buy the WRX.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Silversleeper
Our cars are nicer, we use expensive plastic on our interiors.

i was just gonna say that.

i would trade my vic for an SRT4 in a heart beat if i could. all that car needs is a good drop, a nice CF hood, nice looking rims and some tinted windows and it looks badass....... thats if you have a problem with the stock look.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
the rainbow wing killed it for me

Quick Reply: Test Drove SRT-4 today