General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I got into an accident

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004
The Evil Genius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
Angry I got into an accident

Let me explain what happen to me last night. I went to go to get somthing to eat from Mc Donanlds. I get out the drive thru and get on the street. I come to a light were there is two car ahead of me on the red light. The light turns green and we start to move once i get into the intercetion i see a motorcycle trying to make a u turn really fast.

Once he started to turn, him and hes passanger falls off and the bike starts to skid right for my car. I try to get away from it but everything happens to fast, the bike hits my drivers side. It nailed my octane sideskirt, my quaterpanal is destroyed, and hits my door and back bumber. I got all red paint ,dents and scratches on my driver side now. I get out my car casue i thought the kid was still on the bike and i was for sure for a second that i killed him. All of sudden three cops come out of nowhere and arrested these two guys. The guys on the bike were being chased by these cops and thats why the accident happen.

This is were the story turns, I come to find by the cop that the bike is stolen and there is no insurance on the bike. I went and got estimate from a local body shop and there is 4'gs worth in damage.

I dont have a clue what to do.. please
Old 10-05-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah i always wonder what who pays for the damage during a police pursuit. Sorry I have no clue what to do either.
Old 10-05-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
damn, thats sucks man. hope everything works out for you. i would of checked if the biker was ok and if he was, i would of slapped the **** out of him. your insurance won't do anything? take it from the city, say if they didn't chase the biker so aggressively nothing would have been damaged. j/k might work though, just get a good lawyer

Last edited by Caucasian.Asian; 10-05-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Talk to the police and find out what they do about stuff like this. If that doesnt work get a lawyer
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

faultyscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm - I've never been in that kind of situation or known anyone that has. I really hope all turns out well for you. It's a crappy situation - you didn't do anything wrong yet your stuck with getting all this information, estimates, insurance info, etc... and to top it all of you may need a lawyer to battle your case (hopefully it will be resolved otherwise). I would go to the police and see what you should do - that's what I would do. I want to hear what happens - I hope it turns out for the best
Old 10-05-2004
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
damn bro im sorry. thats a really bad situation to be in. i would ask the cops if the bike driver had insurance (not the bike) and take it up with his company. if not go to your own company and they will take care of it but your insurance will go up.
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

skillwill has a little shameless behaviour in the past
where did this happen at

I need body work done to so whenever you want to go somewhere together let me know
Old 10-05-2004
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Your insurance company should know what to do in a situation like this. If you have full coverage insure I would imagine you have some sort of uninsured motorist coverage.
Old 10-05-2004
The Evil Genius

I went to the police station and they didnt have a police report yet so i gotta wait untill tommorrow. There was no witnessess and the cops said that they didnt see the bike hit my car. i have no clue what to do.
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

Colombian4Lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Best thing to do is report it to your insurance. When you get a copy of the police report you can ask them also. If not bring it to the citys attention. But insurance will usually cover you. I know its not your fault but you still charged for it..sux. I would take it out with the city in general.
Old 10-05-2004
The Evil Genius

Originally Posted by skillwill
where did this happen at

I need body work done to so whenever you want to go somewhere together let me know

This happen uptown manhattan on the coner of 130st and broadway.

if you really seriuos about going to bodyshops pm me
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

Gecko is a jewel in the roughGecko is a jewel in the roughGecko is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Quijano187
I went to the police station and they didnt have a police report yet so i gotta wait untill tommorrow. There was no witnessess and the cops said that they didnt see the bike hit my car. i have no clue what to do.
they may have not seen the bike hit your car...but i'm sure the damage to your car is proof enough that it did

good luck with your situation
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

LucifersInferno is an unknown quantity at this point
I would just get a lawyer and sue those fuktards that were on the bike.
Old 10-05-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
you are an idiot

fast food = bad

did u learn your lesson?
Old 10-05-2004
The Evil Genius

Originally Posted by ImPulse
you are an idiot

fast food = bad

did u learn your lesson?

thanks man? Im glad your getting a good laugh out of it
Old 10-05-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
full coverage owns Talk to the cops and get them to put it in thier report or you may be fooked
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
get a lawyer. insurance companies will try to screw you, and the town isnt always on your side when it comes to things like this...specially if it means they have to pay $$$.
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
As long as you have collision your covered. They should pay everything minus your deductable. Like I said they should pay, but that doesnt mean that they will.
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

gusgus0513 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you have uninsured motorest insurance then you have nothing to worry
Old 10-05-2004
The Evil Genius

well i do but my problem is I dont want my insurance to go up. I dont think i can afford a lawyer to sue the city or the guy on the bike. Wouldnt it cost more to do all of that?
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
wow that's horrible news. Hope you come out on top after all this

like the guys said above, make sure it's on the report. cops seldom admit to anything
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

kismylx will become famous soon enough
sorry to hear that man i guess you were at the wrong place at the wrong time. first of all it doesn't matter if cops didn't see the accident or not they did make the report and probaly did see the bike near your car with all that damage . If you got a good insurance company then they should cover but either way you still have to pay something because then those idiots raise your insurance even when its not your fault so it still kinda of sucks with this situation but hope you can get your car fixed or shop around good body shop estimates
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Your insurance will not go up. Its not a chargeable accident on your part.
Old 10-05-2004

shady88 can only hope to improve
yeah, i believe only moving voilations make your insurance cost increase (like speeding , improper lane change, etc...)
Old 10-05-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. Just go to the insurance and tell em to pay up. Your insurance going up isn't a big deal if you're getting 4-5g from insurance. That's what I would do. No way would I drive the car all messed up.
Old 10-05-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah deffinealty..impulse stop bein mean...go talk to the cops theyll help
Old 10-05-2004
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
simple....... go to police, get information on whose the real owner of that bike... ask him if he wants mcdonald's. nicely ask him/her to pay the damages.... whalla! your 4 g richer boy!
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Un insuresd motorist= go after your insurance co! NYS has no-fault and un-insured coverage but you don't get it if you don't bitch!
Old 10-06-2004
The Evil Genius

Thanks guys, Im going to look for a couple of more estimates tommorrow. Im going to see if I can pay this out of pocket so my insurance do go up. If i cant find a decent price then I have no choice and go with the insurance. Ill try to get pics of the damage on my car proably by this weekend. Il keep u guys updated!
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Quijano187
well i do but my problem is I dont want my insurance to go up. I dont think i can afford a lawyer to sue the city or the guy on the bike. Wouldnt it cost more to do all of that?

Call a lawyer. They can tell you if you have a case or not (which I am sure you do!!), and most reputable firms offer free inital consultation. Also if they believe they have a good chance of winning most lawyers will go for a "we dont get paid, until you get paid" type of deal. Never hurts to call.

Quick Reply: I got into an accident