General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

JDM...why.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
dam, a lot of e-fights going on here.

theirs no such thing as "JDM" for our cars. get over it. u can imitate it all you want but its still not jdm. people prefer different style from others. whatever you say online about show cars or jdm style parts isnt going to change anyones decisions.

JDM...why NOT?
Old 09-30-2004
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Spider883
So Nitto is comparing his civic to mr. modifys civic... well lets see... two different approaches to modding a car...
mr.modify is going for the clean look
nitto is going for the show / make u wanna throw up look
you can not compare the two... they are total different...
now if you nitto want to compare my car to your car ... my car makes yours look like a little turd.. im sorry but pimp does not = civic ... even with your lime green, cheapest rh rims and big *** worthless tach...
now im not saying my car is god.. heck its a hunk of crap to me but hey i gotta have a ride...
now you two stop fighting
Your the first person on this site to hate on my car. Awesome! Thanks! Same goes for you, my paint job is worth more then your life Oh, and when the K20 that's in my garage goes in, it will still be puke, right? Yup yup. Go drive mommys 350z.
Old 09-30-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Nitto
Your the first person on this site to hate on my car. Awesome! Thanks! Same goes for you, my paint job is worth more then your life Oh, and when the K20 that's in my garage goes in, it will still be puke, right? Yup yup. Go drive mommys 350z.

actions speak louder then words....put it in already.
Old 09-30-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
ok ok........ Calm down!!!!!!! Im gonna dress my dog as this in Holloween!!...........

Last edited by dru106; 09-30-2004 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-30-2004
gone

Originally Posted by Mr.Modify
actions speak louder then words....put it in already.
as soon as I buy the rev hard kit for the k20 and a stage 3 clutch whats the point of doing a swap and not boosting it? none
Old 09-30-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Old 09-30-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
^^Soon my friend...
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all
damn, freakin aznboysrfr is so annoying, y dont u get out of this site, damn *****!!!!! lol
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

ripper is an unknown quantity at this point
Aight guys, let me offer some insight from a guy who's actually from japan. You can like it or you can hate it, I don't care, just puttin it out there. My civic went from "ricey" and is soon to go more towards JDM, I've also got a dodge challenger that runs mid 11's and a 1100 honda motorcycle, so hear me out. Anyone who talks about rice should go look at the ridiculous show cars in Japan. Any show you go to out there and you will see bigger wings, bigger kits, and bigger exhausts than you will ever see out here. On the other hand, you go out to the track, and you see what we coin as "JDM." A simple, no frills but clean looking car that goes fast. Either way, whatever you like, do it. I give props to the bunch, gotta represent.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
ibtl
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CivicHX01
i was going the show route before too... but i was thinking, i'm never gonna win a trophy anyways... and plus its a daily driver... so i decided to put some jdm touches here and there... made my car look a bit cleaner... IMO, going all show just isn't practical anymore,

its really good if your tryin to get people's attention, you certainly achieve that with the neon colors and all the bling bling... but i have had enough of people revving at me and I already get enough attention from my gf anyways so i didn't need anymore while driving... it came to a point that my white wheels caused haters to bash in my window one day... that was enough to make me mod "JDM style" (not necessarily JDM parts, but JDM styling)

JDM is jus better for street cars IMO... its clean, simple, and pretty much all of the JDM parts are functional in some way... JDM styling attracts attention without attracting TOO much attention, and that is exactly what I want to achieve when modding my ride... I want to attract the attention of those car enthusiasts that appreciate JDM styling... not all those people that can see (and hear) me a block away...

I went from

to

its clean, simple, attracts attention but not too much attention... jus the way I like it... JDM pwns me...

**I am in no way hating on people that mod their cars for show... much props to them for their hard work...

fu(k bro your ride looks 10X better now than it did. Feeling the clean aggressive look much more
Old 09-30-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ripper
Aight guys, let me offer some insight from a guy who's actually from japan. You can like it or you can hate it, I don't care, just puttin it out there. My civic went from "ricey" and is soon to go more towards JDM, I've also got a dodge challenger that runs mid 11's and a 1100 honda motorcycle, so hear me out. Anyone who talks about rice should go look at the ridiculous show cars in Japan. Any show you go to out there and you will see bigger wings, bigger kits, and bigger exhausts than you will ever see out here. On the other hand, you go out to the track, and you see what we coin as "JDM." A simple, no frills but clean looking car that goes fast. Either way, whatever you like, do it. I give props to the bunch, gotta represent.

ok so lemme ask you this.....which cars are these ridiculous wings and kits on?
Old 09-30-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by johnbt23
damn, freakin aznboysrfr is so annoying, y dont u get out of this site, damn *****!!!!! lol
sorry, do I know you?

I don't know whether to think you are being sarcastic or not ...
Old 09-30-2004
jrk jrk!

PonyChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dru106
ok ok........ Calm down!!!!!!! Im gonna dress my dog as this in Holloween!!...........

hehehe thats funny. is that your idea of JDM?
Old 09-30-2004
gone

thats what i tried to mention before this got out of hand. i have 20+ "battle" japanese vid's from oversee's and 90% of the cars are ricy. Skylines and Silvia's with outragous wings and bodykits, and most people think every car there is JDM style. Rice started there, then came here, same as JDM "style".

I had my JDM car, an EG boosted hatch, now I want to go show. I love JDM cars, I just don't like it when people bash a nice looking body kit because they think everything should be JDM. And just as a side note, I hate 90% of wings to, except for the OEM and the wing i have, every other wing is pretty much ugly. And no comments on the aluminum wings, rofl.

We were so disguested in redracers wing at the last meet, we made him take it off, and this is what we did with it.

I tried selling it to the ice cream truck but he wouldnt take it
Old 09-30-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally Posted by PonyChick
hehehe thats funny. is that your idea of JDM?
Haha!! Nah. I just posted that pic cuz im sick of this thread lol
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

wantaturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the stock/k20 swap look. anyone agree??? no body kit, stock rsx rims, almost stock ride height but smokin fast.

sorry, im excited, it should be done in acouple of weeks, just need rad. fan now then install.
Old 09-30-2004
E36 M3 Driver.

jonnyg is an unknown quantity at this point
I vote Euro-spec.....errrr....wait a minute....nm

foolish mortals
Old 09-30-2004
Premium Member

nevermind.

Last edited by Mr.Modify; 09-30-2004 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-30-2004
gone

every car there is JDM....hence Japanese Domestic Market. Skylines are JDM....Silvias....JDM.....there wings and kits and products JDM.....

Ours= not so JDM....civic kits...not so JDM...wings...not so JDM...

There's a difference in there kits compared to ours....kinda like VOLKS compared to MOTEGI'S.
True but 90% of the styles we have come from Japan, their just diff names. Like the vailside knock offs.
Old 09-30-2004
gone

get off the phone and keep whoring, my post cound is goin up and im rackin up points.
Old 09-30-2004
Banned

98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all
get off the phone and keep whoring, my post cound is goin up and im rackin up points.

Nah, me being on the phone was alot more important than a childish arguement about JDM and rice....
Old 09-30-2004
gone

so whens the wedding date for you and modify?

Last edited by Nitto; 09-30-2004 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-30-2004
Banned

98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all98vicchick is a name known to all
so whens the wedding date for you and modify?

Soon, I'm pregnant with his twins ya know.....

OoOoOoOo want an invitation? Proly not because I'm too ugly huh....

Last edited by 98vicchick; 09-30-2004 at 05:33 AM.
Old 09-30-2004
gone

Originally Posted by 98vicchick
Soon, I'm pregnant with his twins ya know.....

OoOoOoOo want an invitation? Proly not because I'm too ugly huh....

That was not directed to you punk, unless you consider youself HIS girl. So, I guess you do. Akia, your one lucky guy...
Old 09-30-2004
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

JX6 has a spectacular aura aboutJX6 has a spectacular aura about
Some questions aren't worth asking.
Old 09-30-2004
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough

Actually im an architect... im only about 2 weeks older then you and im already done with my masters and working on my second so when you have accomplished your first masters and become successful as I have in the business world then you might be allowed to talk to my secretary and leave a message for me.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

ok so lemme ask you this.....which cars are these ridiculous wings and kits on?

Dude, you'll see all kinds of cars with this stuff, everything from hatches to RV's. I once saw a supra with tailpipes that went 6 feet in the air, it was hilarious. And technically, all these cars in Japan are "JDM" to use the phrase.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

We were so disguested in redracers wing at the last meet, we made him take it off, and this is what we did with it.

I tried selling it to the ice cream truck but he wouldnt take it
Buahahaha, thats funny but f'd up. At least it wasn't a triple decker aluminum wing....
Old 09-30-2004
Premium Member

Dude, you'll see all kinds of cars with this stuff, everything from hatches to RV's. I once saw a supra with tailpipes that went 6 feet in the air, it was hilarious. And technically, all these cars in Japan are "JDM" to use the phrase.
i know that.................?!?!?! read above bro