General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Muscle --> Chick...wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Muscle --> Chick...wtf?

a quick search rendered no info on the 2005 GTO...

latest rumors say the 04's 350 hp are growing to 400

finally some numbers out of the damn thing

they still killed it though...just like mercury turned the cougar into a chick car...gay

and just like dodge is doing with the magnum and the charger...COME ON STOP THIS!

just like ford is doing with the mustang...downgrade power, upgrade looks (like the nonfunctional rice hoodscoop)...it's a chick car now

what the hell is up with these guys...turn premier drag monsters into wussy cars?

(not that there is a problem with girls driving cars, I just don't want america's former muscle to turn into a bunch of VW bugs with happy faces and rainbows all over them)

[/rant]
Old 08-22-2004
Registered!!

mootlif3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, you look back on then and now it's like "WTF HAPPENED??".
Old 08-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4

just like ford is doing with the mustang...downgrade power, upgrade looks (like the nonfunctional rice hoodscoop)...it's a chick car now
not all mustangs are chicks cars now. The GT and Cobra are still pretty much muscle cars to alot of guys. The base mustang though has turned into a girls car.
Old 08-22-2004
Proud Protaganistic Propagandist

MisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trusted
Well a lot of the problem has to do with emission restrictions put into place since those monsters first debut.
So now they are limited to certain gear ratios and hp levels, top it off by the fact that they cant be huge gas guzzlers like they uesd to be...so if you cant make it super fast, make it look super fast.

I think the GTO is alright looking. I'll give it a couple years to see what they do with it.
Old 08-22-2004

MisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trusted
Oh. And remember, the Ford Mustang started as a "secretary" car. basically it started out with advertising targeted towards women, and middle management, then it became popular as a muscle car.
Old 08-22-2004
Registered!!

TurboDieselDrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Huh? The 2005 Mustang V6 and Mustang GT will both have more power than the 2004's.

How is a 400hp, big *** RWD, 2dr car a chick car? Or a 300hp RWD Mustang?

You drive a Neon, Civic, Probe and Accliam... don't talk to us about chick cars.

Last edited by TurboDieselDrew; 08-22-2004 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
everyone has their own opinions...

i personally think it looks like an fast family car instead of a sports or chick car. gotta see it in person to really know how it looks 100%. the taillights look like altezzas which girls think are "pretty". i guess thats why people call it a chick car? i like the front but the rear reminds me of a cavailier* and neon..

http://ultimategto.com/2004/04_00092_1.jpg
http://ultimategto.com/2004/04_00092_2.jpg
Old 08-23-2004
Zoom zoom

jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
they still killed it though...just like mercury turned the cougar into a chick car...gay

and just like dodge is doing with the magnum and the charger...COME ON STOP THIS!

what the hell is up with these guys...turn premier drag monsters into wussy cars?

[/rant]
Dude I totally agree with you, it pisses me off to no end.

But what i'd like to see is for them to go the route of the C5/C6 corvette...take a premier drag monster & make it turn!

Wouldnt that be great...
Old 08-23-2004

I like the new GTO.

Also think of the fact that we have made a lot of advances in aerodynamics, resulting in curves and fewer sharp angles...the result. No more box styling, and more aerodynamic curves and flat panels with various angles...think of what cadillac is doing now.

Also I'm speaking about sports/muscle cars, not crappy Scion and Honda Elements...those things are puke on wheels.
Old 08-23-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MisterTinkerTrain
Well a lot of the problem has to do with emission restrictions put into place since those monsters first debut.
So now they are limited to certain gear ratios and hp levels, top it off by the fact that they cant be huge gas guzzlers like they uesd to be...so if you cant make it super fast, make it look super fast.
Yeah but people drive their emissions-illegal cars for 364 days a year and put the original exhaust on to pass emissions. and about gear ratios, you can buy a tranny. If you have the money to make a vehicle that fast, you probably have the money for a new transmission.

And would never buy Pontiac; 1st they make american car crap that is built like ****, and 2nd they are racing the new GTO in drifting competitions. So pontiac wants the GTO to compete with Silvias and RX7s and 300zxs? What is wrong with them? I read the article in the little magazine on their new suck they send out to all pontiac owners every once in a while.

about looks, Pontiac was too fawking lazy to make it look different. so gay. the front looks like any other pontiac:*** ugly. The back: ugly tails, ugly trunk, embarassing spoiler. that car is a homo magnet.

Last edited by diskreet; 08-23-2004 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-23-2004

Originally Posted by diskreet
Yeah but people drive their emissions-illegal cars for 364 days a year and put the original exhaust on to pass emissions. and about gear ratios, you can buy a tranny. If you have the money to make a vehicle that fast, you probably have the money for a new transmission.
You completely missed what I was saying...
If you are a car company, your company is restricted to FAA regualtions of emission allowances, and mpg numbers. As a result you aren't going to build a gas guzzling 8 cylinder muscle car, you can but you wont be able to sell it legally until you meet the FAA requirements. Once you meet the requirements you sell the car. Once the car is sold you could care less what people do to their cars.
So whether or not people have illegal smog modifications 24/7/365 is not your concern. The legality of selling the vehicle is. Not only the legality of the vehicle emissions and power restrictions, but also your target customers. You want as wide a variety of buyers as possible. At this point I just start repeating what Prod said. Point is, the car companies aren't making cars liek they used to because of govbernment regulations, changes in taste, and advancements in aerodynamics and other areas.
Old 08-23-2004
Banned

Ramones is an unknown quantity at this point
Pontiac does not make crappy cars. They do make cars that are undesireable to the general public.

The reason why Pontiac did not make over the Holden to US specs is because it received so much praise for it's styling. Bob Lutz listened and brought the car pretty much as is and no one is buying, go figure . Hope the next gen GTO will be styled more retro.

Also, enthusiasm for the Pontiac band was HUGE back in the 60's. If Pontiac wanted to capture the hearts of the young generation and enter drifting then i'm happy for them. Atleast Pontiac is trying to enter new arenas in motorsports and not just stay in NASCAR (which they dropped out of) .
Old 08-23-2004
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
if u look at the new GTO they had designed it to be more like a japanese style car...the style of vehicals are changing and along with all of the new age and just plain new cars, pontiac is adapting to what is popular amongst most ppl and selling within that market...i still think the new GTO is badass

btw anyone know what "Pontiac" stands for?

P-oor
O-ld
N-igger
T-hinks
I-ts
A
C-addilac
Old 08-23-2004
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
oh no, not the N word
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

BassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to all
What's funny is that the Cougar has been the 'girl's' version of the Mustang since its intoduction in 67.
Old 08-23-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
if u look at the new GTO they had designed it to be more like a japanese style car...the style of vehicals are changing and along with all of the new age and just plain new cars, pontiac is adapting to what is popular amongst most ppl and selling within that market...i still think the new GTO is badass

btw anyone know what "Pontiac" stands for?

P-oor
O-ld
N-igger
T-hinks
I-ts
A
C-addilac

i'd seriously think about editing the "N" word. they might ban you here. just trying to help
Old 08-24-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Neon's are chick cars what's your point SRT-4 man? You kids and your neons...you can put a V8 in a hyundai accent, it's still a freakin accent...a chick car. So, SRT-4 boy, don't you feel like a big man now? I hear those Toyota Echo boys are also an unruly bunch who like to put V8's in their chick cars also.

Bottom line is that I'd rather drive a chick car mustang than a chick car neon, no matter what engine it has in it. End of story.

Next time, if you're gonna poke fun at a type of car, be ready to have some s.hit served to you as well. I find it ironic as fvck that a guy who drives a neon is calling mustangs "chick" cars.
Old 08-24-2004

^^^ haha he owned you!
Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

cmk_980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jttegx
the taillights look like altezzas which girls think are "pretty". i guess thats why people call it a chick car?

Altezzas and pretty should not be used in the same post...

-the new girl
Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

Taryon has a spectacular aura aboutTaryon has a spectacular aura about
IMO, I really like the new GTO.. it doesn't hold the same flame as the original, but that's because Pontiac is moving into new waters. A more aggressive kit would easily turn more heads and earn the new GTO a lot more respect, but I think Pontiac is changing things up a little. They were always criticized for having outrageously overdone bodyside mouldings and whatnot (Grand Am, Grand Prix, etc.) and lost points there (not in my eyes, but to critics out there). Anyways, it's still a badass car..
Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the chance to drive a new GTO...It was a fun car to drive, but the suspension needs some work(really soft)..Other than that, I would get one and dress it up a bit
Old 08-24-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

Originally Posted by cmk_980
Altezzas and pretty should not be used in the same post...

-the new girl

sorry if i have offended you. but i guess from my expierence with altezzas, most girls i know of think they are.
Old 08-24-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
i still say the chevy chevette is the greatest car known to man
Old 08-24-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
for those of you who dont know what a chevette is.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	36681  
Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

ImportGrl is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm.. i take offense to some of you calling these all "chick cars". so, youre saying that a woman couldnt or shouldnt drive a saleen or a cobra or any type of muscle car cuz its too manly of a car for her? sorry boys, not all girls go after cars for its pretty factor. and btw~ i love my civic.. but it is JUST that... a civic.. and grocery getter that your mom and grandma have one just like it.. honda- hold on, not done accelerating.... heheheeh i find it funny that some of you can make fun of the GTO.. as ugly as it may be or not be.. STOCK, it can still beat the civics ***... so, dont talk down about it until you have something better.
Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

Taryon has a spectacular aura aboutTaryon has a spectacular aura about
^^ I have an M3 in my household too.. does that count?

Nah, but seriously.. for the record: I never said anything bout how chicks are or are not deserving enough to drive muscle cars Secondly, I only commented on how the GTO's styling is a little more bland than what Pontiac usually does to their cars and could do with a better/more aggressive kit. I did not say that my civic could beat it (pfft, that's quite obvious ). I'm a fan of Pontiac myself (had a '96 Grand Am before the vic) and we're allowed to have our opinions about the GTO without comparing it to our current rides, are we not?
Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

ImportGrl is an unknown quantity at this point
of course you are.. and im not saying you shouldnt have opinion, nor was i talking directly to you or anyone. just the general comment of "chick car" as if any car that is somewhat fast is too much for a chick to be driving.. or its more of a mans car. imo, thats bullshit. also, the comment i made about people downing cars like the GTO was simply because i see a lot of people who are so quick to talk smack but they arent showing anything better. thats all.
Old 08-24-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
god i hate v6 mustangs my old beater taurus was quicker...theirs some dude in our neighborhood with a vt convert and he rags it out and the worst part about the car is it says techademics on the top...and i know theyre smarter than that to let him in the group...
Old 08-24-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

females can get away with everything and not look bad doing it. they can play with barbie dolls, wear pink, dress in mens clothing. if a man were to do anything of those (replace w/womens clothing), hes considered "g@y or bi" which may or can be a serious issue..

i agree how people talk smack about another car that can own theirs. i myself am someone like that. i own a 7thgen civic but i still talk smack about other cars because i can. i do prove points though. Opinions can easily affect a persons mind.
Old 08-24-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ledbelly
for those of you who dont know what a chevette is.....

[Crocodile Dundee Voice] That's not a Chevette. ^^

THIS is a Chevette. ^^ [/Crocodile Dundee Voice][img]

Quick Reply: Muscle --> Chick...wtf?