General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Custom trunk in progress

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Custom trunk in progress

APRBoy can't be havin ALL the fun:

False floor with box:

False floor with box 2:

Once these were pink.....no longer!

See?

Needs a new home....

Where the HELL am I gonna put this....
Old 08-04-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
D00d...you have a pink laundry basket!!

Old 08-04-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
That's for the stuff that gets really dirty, like the 'work on car' clothes. My actual laundry basket is an even gayer ivory colour.
Old 08-04-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
cool. thats a really big bog on the bottom. you got room for that?
Old 08-04-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

I had to take off 2" of height from the original design and it STILL sits just about flush with the edge of the trunk. So yeah, I BARELY have room for it. My main dilemmas now are how to mount the amp on the side (no room in floor) and how to make the side sections sit on a slant. Anyone got ideas?
Old 08-04-2004
Registered!!

blackac is an unknown quantity at this point
so the way you've designed the box is that theres no way to make the amp sit flush with the sub, meaning you cant cut a hole on the side and build a comparment for it? if thats the case why not just take some mdf and build a 'C' shaped (like a rectangle with a short side missing) and just bring the two longer parts of the semi-rectangle down like triangles on an angle

but i think symmetry will look the best, so maybe build a similar section on the other side like a cd changer, and mount the two neons on the front and the back of the trunk

i have visions just cant put them in text
Old 08-04-2004
iluvmycsx

looks good
cant wait to see the finished product
must say you got the skills
Old 08-04-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Thanks. When my car is finally done I wanna be able to say that if I had to do it over again, I could do it all by myself.
Old 08-05-2004
Boredom causes changes ;)

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Pharoh
D00d...you have a pink laundry basket!!
I'm sorry, but as I read that and relooked at the picture, I couldn't stop from laughing. Glad you are keeping your eye on the prize Pharoh

As for Telly .. can't write out enough Some people have got what it takes (ie patience and know-how), wish I had some
Old 08-05-2004
Registered!!

APRboy is on a distinguished road
I agree with blackac...just use some MDF and make like a "C" shape with the bottom part of the "C" a little longer, but do both sides of the trunk, so put something else on the other side, if you don't have anything to put there, make the angle on the other side match or it will look kinda funny. Good luck!! Wish i had the patience for it!
Old 08-05-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Dude, I knew nothing when I started on this (my first import) car - I had to search for a DIY on putting on pedal covers! Just need to take a deep breath and jump on in.
Old 08-05-2004
Registered!!

APRboy is on a distinguished road
Oh, and whatever you do, don't use plexiglass if you're gonna burry the amp on the side, that shiznit just gets all scratched up and is extremely high maintenance.
Old 08-05-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

I've got lucite - scratch-resistant.

Still workin on side panel design...this is tough. But at least my gf will do the upholstering for me.
Old 08-05-2004
Registered!!

BlAcK_eL is an unknown quantity at this point
its going to look good, but how will it sound
Old 08-05-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Good, otherwise back to the drawing board.
Old 08-06-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

OK so now my deck up and DIED on me today - slight vibrations turn the sound off....checked my wiring, it's not that, but when I turn the deck on, it makes a ticking noise now. Something's toast. FACK.
Old 08-06-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TeLLy
OK so now my deck up and DIED on me today - slight vibrations turn the sound off....checked my wiring, it's not that, but when I turn the deck on, it makes a ticking noise now. Something's toast. FACK.

damn man, sorry to hear that. what's the backup plan?
Old 08-06-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Deck is dead. Going deck shopping with the woman tonight...maybe she'll buy me one if I put out.
Old 08-08-2004
Registered!!

BlAcK_eL is an unknown quantity at this point
if your lucky lol
Old 08-08-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Didn't need to buy one after all. Story on Speedbump.info and on this site's Tech forum.
Old 08-08-2004

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TeLLy
Didn't need to buy one after all. Story on Speedbump.info and on this site's Tech forum.
Liar It was in the I.C.E. & Electrical forums. (Yes, I'm stalking you ) Anyways, glad you figured out it was a cheap fuse and nothing too costly. Now get back to work on your trunk so you can then have more time to go and finish off the rest of your car

Sorry, just I've basically given up on my car (as I haven't really done anything, but too many things look like they are needed to be done - so don't want to spend the money)... So I live vicariously through the work of others
Old 08-09-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Sounds like EL-Sport, lol.

Yeah I found out yesterday that my amp is too big to fit in the side of the car, so it will have to be creatively mounted in another way. Which means my side "wings" will now be kinda nekkid looking. But at least all the wood has been cut. Just gotta mount it all up now.
Old 08-09-2004
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Janlop
So I live vicariously through the work of others
Hey, thats my job to live vicariously through Will.
Old 08-09-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

You two can fight to see who gets to live vicariously through me.

Tonight, one of you can vicariously drink Guinness and watch asian ****.
Old 08-09-2004

Since I'm neither a Guiness or Asian **** fan .. its all EL-Sport.

Besides, I have too many other people to live vicariously through to stay with one

As for your amp not fitting .. how big is the sucker? :-x Can only guess that you are using up too much room from your custom flooring .. but damn. Good luck putting it all nicely together. I'm sure you'll still impress us
Old 08-12-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Updates!

Gettin there - had to do some design changes on the fly, and of course you can see where my noobiness with upholstering and wood work, but I think it's lookin pretty good. And if you don't think so you can go straight to hell, LOL.
Old 08-13-2004

Apart from the Modified by Telly part, it looks kick-***. Loved to see it installed now (pesky bugger(s) aren't we? )
Old 08-13-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

You don't like my logo? Fine no more pix. Way to ruin it for everybody Janlop
Old 08-13-2004
Bobaganoosh!

I love the logo....good work.
Old 08-13-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

You can thank pok8rok8 from Speedbump.info for that one. Then you can thank ME for being so sexy!

Quick Reply: Custom trunk in progress