General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Air Vents

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004
Tiene tremendo...CULO!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVnAFI is an unknown quantity at this point
Air Vents

Ok, is it just me, but the air vents suck? I mean, when you want the air to hit your face and you get it in the right position...you make a turn, and the air vent like...flies to the other side, lol. Who else has this problem?
Old 07-31-2004
I Am The Funky Monkey!!!

BausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the rough
Not me.
Old 07-31-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
your not the only one. their was a thread about this problem with couple others. but me, have no problem with the a/c vents toggling around while driving. you can always tape it down to keep it to a persistent spot
Old 07-31-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BausHaug
Not me.

ditto
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
i have that, my driver side one is loose going up and down, and the passenger vent at the center of teh car is loose giong right to left.... i blame cheap plastics
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VTEC01EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wait till your vents 'break in' over a few years... then we'll see how secure they are. Mine are pretty loose but don't fly all over the place. They just required very little effort to move them.
Old 07-31-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by VTEC01EX
Just wait till your vents 'break in' over a few years... then we'll see how secure they are. Mine are pretty loose but don't fly all over the place. They just required very little effort to move them.

yup...mine too.
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

john_817 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea my driver side one sucks...i put it in position to blow in my face cuz its hot as hell here in texas and the air jus blows the slider all the way to the right and i get no A/C
Old 07-31-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
did they fix that in the 03 model? or 04? i dunno.. who cares... once youre in there long enuff.. the whole car will be nice and cozy
Old 07-31-2004
This shirt is Dry Clean only, which means it's dirty. -Mitch Hedberg

SS109 will become famous soon enoughSS109 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WannaBFast
did they fix that in the 03 model?
Nope. My 03 does the same thing. If i have the ac on full blast the driver side vent will graudally trun dow and to the left and i get no ac. So i just close the 2 side vents and aim the 2 center ones at my face. Problem solved.
Old 07-31-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Will you fly to PA ????
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
Yep, feels like my vents are always moving on me. But the A/C will circulate anyawy so it's keeps me cool.
Old 07-31-2004
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,169 Likes on 813 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
mine did that when i first got the car.. it pissed me off.. then my driving position/posture changed and now its fine..
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
you have a civic, thats the problem.
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DVnAFI
Ok, is it just me, but the air vents suck? I mean, when you want the air to hit your face and you get it in the right position...you make a turn, and the air vent like...flies to the other side, lol. Who else has this problem?

I bet she tries to compare the civ to the audi allll the time
Old 08-01-2004
Tiene tremendo...CULO!

DVnAFI is an unknown quantity at this point
huh? who said anything about my Audi??? I didnt even mention it! i was just asking about the air vents..........
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
i just take my hand and move it back.. no big deal

Injen
Old 08-01-2004
No Title

maxsin is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the vents moving on me all the time. I made the dealership replace them twice now.
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

TMRakip is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes! The driver's vent is useless! But if you think that is bad, try riding in the back, you'll either freeze your *** off or melt, depending on the weather...
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TMRakip
Yes! The driver's vent is useless! But if you think that is bad, try riding in the back, you'll either freeze your *** off or melt, depending on the weather...
right, the people in the front get too cold because they are right next to it and they turn it down while the people in the back suffer with the heat. Then you ask them to turn it back on, they do, but 5 min later turn it off cause they get cold again. That is when I make them sit in the back if they are cold. Then they whine about being too hot.
Old 08-01-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
My vents are fine....
Old 08-01-2004
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Take the vents out and put a tiny O-ring on the pins that the vent swivels on. That's the fix from Honda, btw, but I did my own. They all stay where I put them.
Old 08-01-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DVnAFI

I know excallty what you talking about!! I hate how you gotta set them up and then after a couple of turns there all in differnt postions !!! i hate my vents
Old 08-01-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tinman
Take the vents out and put a tiny O-ring on the pins that the vent swivels on. That's the fix from Honda, btw, but I did my own. They all stay where I put them.

really i might just do this thanks
Old 08-01-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
My dealer has replaced mine 3 times, and finally on the 3rd try I got a set of vents that dont move around.
Old 08-01-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm...

It is simple...you get what you paid for...

if you think about it, it's most likely a problem with the ball joint in there...take it apart and be creative fixing it...I'm sure it's just a little loose or too-well lubricated...take off the lubricant and relube it...if that doesn't solve it try a thicker lube, like a little grease from a grease gun

be inventive, unless you want to go the duct tape method...very attractice for the ladies....
Old 09-29-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
^^ wow...that was my first post...weak

just did a quick search, wondering what my first post was
Old 09-29-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
My far left vent, always moves straight down I think. It wont stay at all, the second I take my hand off of it, it falls. I took it out, and put tape on the sides (where nobody can see it), and it worked for about 3 weeks, wouldnt move at all, but now it sucks, especially in 118 degree weather.
Old 09-29-2004
Banned

^^^ hahaha I dig up a 4 month old thread and someone actually has something to add. wow. I was expecting to see "you must be really bored eh?" or "dodge you're a ****ing idiot". well, thanks for the input to the thread gabe
Old 09-29-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Im hella bored, my name is Chris, Gabe is my son. No prob

Quick Reply: Air Vents