General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

03 ex trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rowin2k is an unknown quantity at this point
03 ex trans problem

i know there is probably another forum about this but i reallly dont have the time right now to look,
ok here it is... i have a 03 ex with 40k miles, few bolt ons cai, exhaust,(dealer installed)
i noticed a light nocking noise coming from the trans at idle, when i depress the clutch the noise goes away, ok thats the first problem, 2nd problem when i take off in first it takes off smoothly but when i hit 3k rpms or so it sounds like omething is grinding, (sounds like a piece of plastic is rubbing against my tire)... I took it up to the dealer and the service manager looked at it and said my tires were a lil worn in the front (excuse).. in which they look like normal wear and tear... so he said that its gona need a new trans.... and they are going to have to have an inspector come out and look at it.. Think the dealer is going to cover this, i have the 100k bumper to bumper warranty.. He said i was going to need a new clutch as well.. and wanted to charge me 550 plus 2 hrs labor at 75 an hr, I told him to hold off on the clutch and i would just replace that on my own.. i can get it for around 300 andhave my bro install it(didnt say who was going to install it)...let me know what you think about ... it sounds like i have bad syncro in 3rd from reading the other forums... some incise would be appreciated