General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Possible to install ATF cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinkytube is an unknown quantity at this point
Possible to install ATF cooler?

Is it possible to install an ATF fluid cooler like other cars have?? I want to figure out a way to cool the ATF fluid so i can take long trips, and maybe tow some stuff occasionally. Is there anyone who made one himself maybe? is there any way to do this?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
It's always possible to install an atf cooler. Just buy a kit. However, I don't think it's possible to tow anything with a civic. It doesn't have the guts to do it. Sooo, that being said, the current factory cooling setup is perfectly fine for any sort of long trip as it is possible to get the atf too cool.
Old 07-07-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I bought one and should be getting it in a week. The kits only route a little bit of fluid to the cooler depending on tranny temp. It will only help the tranny last longer. I'm not installing it, so time to find a shop. The cooler itself probably mounts near the radiator, and there's some hoses going from the tranny to the cooler and back.
Old 07-07-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperFrankie should not be trusted
Originally Posted by tacheon
However, I don't think it's possible to tow anything with a civic. .

i work at Lowe's and the other day this guy pulls up in a red 02 civic with a huge *** trailer on it i was like wtf so i went and talked to him he hauls lawn equipment on it mowers and **** i was like damn any trouble with the lack of power.. he said it hauls it fine lol