General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

SRT-4 Accidents

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K20A_Wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point
SRT-4 Accidents

This is what happeneds when you make a Fast car under 20 Grand, that Kids can get there hands on. I'm not tring to be mean or flame and i hope no one was hurt in these accidents.
SRT-4 Crashed Gallery

Please don't flame in here or be mean.
SERVER MIGHT BECOME BUSY JUST HAVE PATIENCE
Thank you

Last edited by K20A_Wanabe; 04-19-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-19-2004
Riceburners Bitch

blkdak99rt is an unknown quantity at this point
you will find pictures like that with any sports car, although it breaks your heart we all know how many **** poor drivers are out on the roads
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

Yeah but not all kids can get there hands on a corvette or viper there a reason why they are expensive.
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

SiCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
If you've ever driven one of those things you'd realize how those accidents happen. I mean any car is a weapon but those SRT4's are balistic. The fit and finish and overall quality make my Honda look like a BMW though, fastest peice of crap on the road. I will emphasize FAST and CRAP.

SiCoupe,
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
After seeing all those crach photos someone should consider hooking up a turboed motor swap from the SRT4
Old 04-19-2004
Riceburners Bitch

i want to get one of them or an evo eventually as a daily driver, R/T loves gas
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

EVO gota love the AWD
Old 04-19-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
That's sad. I treat my civic like a BMW, and other people don't appreciate the car they have.
Old 04-19-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
I am saving for an evo myself.... got to love them, all I want is an evo doesnt amtter which color as long as its an evo
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

I don't believe in giving kids a V8 or a fast car. There gona end up wrecking it or geting them selfs hurt. My friend died in an accident in his 89 supra when he was only 17 and thats not fair to him or his parents.
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
I just cant believe how many srt 4 were destroyed in such a short period of time. Alot were roll overs too.
Old 04-19-2004
Riceburners Bitch

Originally posted by K20A_Wanabe
I don't believe in giving kids a V8 or a fast car. There gona end up wrecking it or geting them selfs hurt. My friend died in an accident in his 89 supra when he was only 17 and thats not fair to him or his parents.
the biggest problem with this neon is that because of the low price many parents do not realize that this isnt just a normal neon..... and i had to work hard to get my truck this is one of the cars i have always wanted to have, this a viper, evolution and a porsche , i do agree with your statement a fast car for the kids first car = in most cases no more car, no more license, or worst case scenerio death, im 19 and thankfully havent been in accident with either my friends or personally got to love the feeling of a V8 though its a different kind of fast

brought to you by your local truck owner
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

faultyscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
I never really looked at the SRT-4 until this post. I had no clue about the specs and such and was wondering what all the clamor was about. I headed over to the website and can now see why this is so much discussion about it. Sad to see these accidents though. I do feel the SRT-4 is unsafe though for teen drivers. I'm 17 myself, and the way some of my friends drive I would never want them behind the wheel of an srt-4. Though it's a fast car - you see just as many accidents with civics - but then again there are much more civics on the road. I guess it's all up in the air then?
Old 04-19-2004
Riceburners Bitch

SRT-4 on dyno
http://www.turbochargers.com/forumuploads/500hp.wmv

this was the same car yesterday hoping for a 10sec run
http://www.srvidz.com/VIDZ/COMPS/SRT4blow.wmv (right click and save on this one it doesnt stream)
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
why o why would we flame??
Old 04-20-2004

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
what a waste of money...no wonder our insurance is so high.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ werd

the problem is, giving kids fast cars, OR kids buying cars that are more they can handle; they drive them like idiots and wreck them because they just *got* a fast car. Im sorry, but im a firm beliver that EVERYONE should drive thier grandparents old buick, or some old slow piece of **** for a while so they can learn to respect an automobile as the large, deadly piece of metal it is. If they wreck some slow piece, thell probably walk away, and learn from it; they can learn that before they kill themselves or others in a fast car.

just my .02
Old 04-20-2004
Proud Protaganistic Propagandist

MisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trusted
I'm a firm believer in not allowing kids to have fast cars. In my opinion people should have to test and upgrade their license before being able to purchase a certain type of car...just liek I cant go and hop on a bike without getting a licence people shouldn't be able to drive SUV's, of cars over a certain amount of power without first testing and having their license upgraded to allow a person to drive that type of car.

For instance a starting licence would limit you to maybe civic power level status (sure oyu can do mods and get more power but thats a loophole)

Then the next level up would allow for up to 175 horse power, and only certain drivetrains.

Then another would allow up to 250 and all drive trains.

Or you can go another route and test and upgrade for certain SUV's, start with a RAV-4 then gradually upgrade to Excursions....or H2 for the pieces of sh*t those things are, I hate having a 4' tall soccer b*tch of a mom nearly clobbering my when she is the only one in the damn vehicle...

I think the upgrade would make for drivers which have earned the right to drive their car based on skill and mastership of the driving skill, not how much money you have.

In fact was driving home from class today and caught up with a Ferrari with paper plates still on it, it was a little dirty so I know the guy didn't get it today. Not only did he give me a look liek what the f*ck you lookin at when I was chacking his car out, he also stalled the thing, then nearly rear ended a person when he punched it and changed lanes like an a-hole, and a couple lights later ran a red light to get on the toll road...I mean please! Just kuz you got a 250k dollar car doesn't mean sh*t I betcha I could out drive that mother f*cker anyday of the week. Anyway enough rant...I say we have to have different level lienses based on skill level in the car and knowledge of vehicle physics before we are allowed to drive fast vehicles....

Oh also, Dodge Neons are natorious for having sh*ty crash ratings....combine that with worthless drivers, I say it weeds out the gene pool....
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

THERING is an unknown quantity at this point
Its true. I wrecked when i was 17 in a 1981 malibu. Almost all kids wreck when they first start driving. They should drive bigg slower cars while really learning how to drive. Its crazy to give a teenager a car that fast and not expect him or her to speed. I don't think a "Neon" is very safe. My 2 cents.......
Old 04-20-2004
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
My first car was a 1980 Buick Century. Awesome car and even though I never got into any major accidents with it (or any other car) it was a good first car for high school parking lot bumps.

I loved that tank, I slid on a muddy road one day and took out 100 feet of chain link fence. Nothing on the car was damaged except for my tag on the front.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

This kid at my school had an Xtreme and totaled it then got an integra sold it and got a Cobra 800 HP and totaled it on the first day he got it. Parent finaly realized to give him a slow car. So they got him a Explorer Sport Trac he is probally gona roll.

My first car was a 1988 Pontiac Bonivelle the trany was slipping bad from my sis driving it and the Paint was fading. Then i got my car and was so proud of it and respected it.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

boxlunch is an unknown quantity at this point
Kids aroung me have totaled their beemers and their parents go and get them a benz a month later. My first car was an 87 chevy nova, so i learned to drive save since one crash would crush that like a can. I still took better care of it than my friends with their 35,000 toys.

Fast cars and kids = dead kids
but there are a ton of bad drivers on the road that should stay home
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

nivenmk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
If america was far-sighted enough to have the licencing process like Germany does, we'd not have nearly as many idiots on the road. In many states, you can get a licesnse for merely showing up at the DMV and not killing the tester that comes along with you on the couresy-ride they call a drivers test.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

mootlif3 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can actually see my car in the background of that srt4blow video, woot. I'm cool .
Old 04-20-2004
Riceburners Bitch

Originally posted by mootlif3
You can actually see my car in the background of that srt4blow video, woot. I'm cool .
hahaha how much of a mess did it make, it blew like 3/4 of the way down the track and still got a 12.9
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
I have always read they were not very safe cars, but some of those pictures just confirm it. I've seen civics roll and their passenger compartments have never been that destroyed and mangled. I guess with the money you "save" over quicker cars you could buy a cage and teach yourself how to drive. But I don't see any people who drive that car doing either of those two very soon lease:
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

george19 is an unknown quantity at this point
When i first got my lisence, I wresked my Mom's Saturn twice in 1 year. cost me 10000 of my own money to fix it though. Taught me a lessone on how to and not to drive my Civic. Had had a accident in 2.5 years. Then again, most people don't wreck their car twice in 1 ear. Oh Well
Old 04-20-2004

Novaz3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah i wish i did drive a bmw 5 series because my civic is crap
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Originally posted by gearbox
That's sad. I treat my civic like a BMW, and other people don't appreciate the car they have.
agreed. I also worked hard for my car and I know the value of a dollar, so I do care about my car. It's the most expensive thing i've bought yet and I'm not gonna do something stupid and watch all that money flush down the toilet.
Old 04-20-2004
2003 Nissan Frontier

cryption should not be trusted
well personally I like the SRT-4. I like its styling and having been in them i love the seats and the fit and finish. Its not a bad car at all IMHO. I planb on trading my civic in this summer for something and its one of the cars im looking at.

Quick Reply: SRT-4 Accidents