General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What would you pay for a Type-R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cosmo is an unknown quantity at this point
What would you pay for a Type-R?

I was just wondering what the going rates for a 98-00 USDM Integra Type-R would be. Any thoughts ?
Old 03-10-2004
Registered!!

03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
The price for Type r probaby run you around $18-25 thousand used. Type r are rare and people jack up the price for type r. For price of a type r i probaby go get new rsx type-s =)
Old 03-10-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to General Auto Ramblings forum
Old 03-10-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Type R, b/c of the inflated price, not worth it! Get an RSX-s and strip it down to save weight and add a JDM DC5 Type R differential and gear set, and youre good to go!
Old 03-10-2004
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Why a Type S? If you think the Type R has an inflated price - look at the Type S.

Stock Vs. Stock, the Type R will run circles around a Type S. The S lacks LSD, tires, shorter gearing, suspension, braking - pretty much everything about the Type R is better than the Type S as a per-for-mance car.

If you look for an R, look for one with low miles. Garage it, as it is a VERY high theft Honda. Get a good security system. The only thing that makes the S better as a stock car compared to the R is that it's less theft deterrent but the S is still a 200HP overpriced Honda Civic.

Don't even start with that, "Well, if you boost, intake, supercharge the Type S...." because we all know modded Vs. stock anything, modded will win.
Old 03-10-2004
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
And FYI, the ITR was a 97, 98, 00, and 01 model. A 1999 model was only shown in Japan, Canada, and possibly Europe.
Old 03-10-2004
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by SlammedBlueEM2
And FYI, the ITR was a 97, 98, 00, and 01 model. A 1999 model was only shown in Japan, Canada, and possibly Europe.
A knowledgable point. Very nice. A history lesson for the day.
Old 03-10-2004
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
im looking for a type-r too...all the prices ive seen are around 10-14k..mostly theft salvage..the two im checking out have jdm motors in them. did the usdm type-r scome with lsd?
Old 03-10-2004
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
There is no KBB suggested price for the Type-Rs because they're so rare, but I, personally wouldn't buy one if the price broke $20K unless I wanted a good FWD track car that would only be driven on the weekend. Remember... modding a car makes the value go down - especially collector cars.
Old 03-10-2004
Shows No Remorse

DistinctiveBP is an unknown quantity at this point
type R's are so expensive around here...id like to have one though
Old 03-10-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
$.02 Fun car, but my next race car is going to be RWD.
Old 03-10-2004
Registered!!

adnmoh1 will become famous soon enoughadnmoh1 will become famous soon enough
im going with 409, rwd would be a better choise for that oh-so fun factor of ripping your neck into the headrest for insane amounts of acceleration (like a nice little z, or even the new e55)
Old 03-11-2004
Registered!!

Gecko is a jewel in the roughGecko is a jewel in the roughGecko is a jewel in the rough
cosmo - i'm guessing you seen that type-r that guy was selling....i can't remember where he was from......i think he was asking $25,000 cdn which is about $18,800 USD
Old 03-11-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
oh sorry, thought this was question about if we were to get the 7th gen type R...anyway, people that had owned that car have probably beat them to death...and if its not a theft recovery
Old 03-11-2004
Registered!!

berettagtz117 is an unknown quantity at this point
20k I would rather purchase a type S though for that money! K20 annialates all!!
Old 03-11-2004
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
WTH are you talking about, the type s has 6 gears, 200 hp, and it has lsd I'm not quit too sure about the base model, it has a far better interior than I've seen an type r have, type s looks way better I'm not too sure about suspension or braking but they should be the same if not better then the type r
Why a Type S? If you think the Type R has an inflated price - look at the Type S.

Stock Vs. Stock, the Type R will run circles around a Type S. The S lacks LSD, tires, shorter gearing, suspension, braking - pretty much everything about the Type R is better than the Type S as a per-for-mance car.

If you look for an R, look for one with low miles. Garage it, as it is a VERY high theft Honda. Get a good security system. The only thing that makes the S better as a stock car compared to the R is that it's less theft deterrent but the S is still a 200HP overpriced Honda Civic.

Don't even start with that, "Well, if you boost, intake, supercharge the Type S...." because we all know modded Vs. stock anything, modded will win.
Old 03-11-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
^^ not quite^^^

Stock for stock the old Type R will run circles around a RSX-S on track.

(Obligitory autocross comparisoin)

Last year(2003) both the Integra R and the RSX-S were classed D-Stock in Scca Autocross. Right now the 2 top cars in D-Stock are the Type R and BMW 330Ci.... This year the SCCA has Droped the RSX-S down to G-Stock, becasue it was woefully uncompeditive in D-Stock.

(Other cars in D-Stock for compairision)
Celica GTS
Subaru WRX
Nissan Maxima ('04+) Sentra Spec-V ('02+)

the RSX-S's New compition in G-Stock...
Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Volkswagen 1.8T models NOC ('02+)
Toyota Celica GT ('94+)
Nissan Sentra 2.0L ('00+'01)
Hyundai Tiburon 6-cyl ('02+)

So I have to dissagree with you, the RSX-S is not a worthy replacement of the old integra R
Old 03-11-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
i can tell you that a RSX-S is deffiently faster (acceleration/top speed) then a type r, i pretty easily walked away from a modded GSR (intake exhaust and header i think) from a stop and on the highway. you have to figure a GSR is just as quick if not quicker than a Type R with those mods. The k20a2 is a monster on the top end. 80-130 comes very fast.

My car is not much lighter than a RSX so i think the comparison is pretty good.

Now as for handeling i can't quite tell you yet, but the type r is in my class in the NASA, so if any show up i'll let you know.

And also to break out my last point, the Type S is NOT the replacement for the Type R, its a replacement for the GSR, the DC5-R is a replacement for the Type R.

edit: oh and there is no LSD in the Type S, but there is one in the DC5R (RSX Type R)
Old 03-11-2004
Autocross Junky

You'd be supprised how much lighter the EX is Vs an RSX-S

EX: approx 2550 LBS (Some where around there)

RSX-S approx 2770 LBS...

For acceleration thats not a big deal... it can easily be countered by the 200 HP.... Cornering however.. Because the 7th gen civic and the RSX-S share the same chassis = same suspension set up 200LBS difference is VERY noticeable in the corners.

The type R is 2639 lbs (Approx) and has a more faverable suspension (Double wish bone front and rear) giving it a nice camber gain in the corners. So Stock Vs Stock... I dont see the RSX-S beating an Integra R any time soon (assuming equal drivers)
Old 03-11-2004

keepin_it_clean is an unknown quantity at this point
I know a guy selling a mint yellow type r for $17k
Old 03-11-2004
Registered!!

03white5spd4d is an unknown quantity at this point
i love type r's but like said b4, its probaly beaten to death or stolen recovery. i would wait to see if the ever bring them back. ever since i see how ppl take care of cars, i hope never to by used again. if you do go used, look for that 1% who has all receipts of everthing done like maintence and whose paint is kept it in immaculate condition.
Old 03-11-2004
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
I would agree with 03white5spd4d. Any 'pre-owned' type R has probably been run pretty hard so i would worry about it a bit too much
Old 03-11-2004
But it's a Dry Heat

l00pb4k is an unknown quantity at this point
Thought only like 3000 ITRs were brought into the US? And yeah, I have seen a couple here in AZ for ~$20k from the dealership. Not sure about their shape though.
Old 03-11-2004
Autocross Junky

Heres a solution, Buy a GSR, strip out the sound deading pad and change the suspension and you basically have a Type R minus the engine/tranny.
Old 03-11-2004
Newbie Member

thomusvoo is on a distinguished road
HEY SlammedBlueEM2
NICE CAR
Old 03-11-2004
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Teg type R For sale here Locally...
http://www.advancedautoaccessories.com/projectcars.htm
Old 03-11-2004
Registered!!

Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
Originally posted by Zzyzx
You'd be supprised how much lighter the EX is Vs an RSX-S

EX: approx 2550 LBS (Some where around there)

RSX-S approx 2770 LBS...

For acceleration thats not a big deal... it can easily be countered by the 200 HP.... Cornering however.. Because the 7th gen civic and the RSX-S share the same chassis = same suspension set up 200LBS difference is VERY noticeable in the corners.

The type R is 2639 lbs (Approx) and has a more faverable suspension (Double wish bone front and rear) giving it a nice camber gain in the corners. So Stock Vs Stock... I dont see the RSX-S beating an Integra R any time soon (assuming equal drivers)
This makes me think. I've often wondered, is the RSX-S heavier than an EX because of the larger 2.0L engine? So, when Hawk swapped his K20A2 into his EX, would his car then weigh roughly the same as an RSX-S, or possibly even more? Basically what I'm asking is, is the K20A2 heavier than the D17A2, so that any gains you would have using the EX base weight wise, would then be negated when the K20A2 is swapped in...
Old 03-11-2004
Registered!!

lid6662 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm good question??
Old 03-11-2004
Registered!!

03white5spd4d is an unknown quantity at this point
i seriously doubt that there could be such a big difference in weight among those 2 engines. both being aluminum, at most i could see a 50lb difference.
Old 03-11-2004
Registered!!

d17a2outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point

amen my brotha!

Originally posted by Zzyzx
Heres a solution, Buy a GSR, strip out the sound deading pad and change the suspension and you basically have a Type R minus the engine/tranny.
no you dont. there is much much more that is different from a gsr to a hype-r. from the body to the frame etc etc. do some research.

Quick Reply: What would you pay for a Type-R?