General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What would you pay for a Type-R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I did, all thats different is the suspension (Shocks, Spring rates and antiroll bars), a little chassis lighting (Mostly removal of the sound deading pad), a few stock tie bars and the engine/ Transmission. Nothing you couldn't do to a GSR. The only thing you wouldnt have is the reinforced roof and the center brace, but that could easily be made up for with the proper roll cage.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 03-12-2004 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-12-2004
Newbie Member

thomusvoo is on a distinguished road
with that money, ill buy a 7thgencivic!!!
Old 03-12-2004
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Elite
WTH are you talking about, the type s has 6 gears, 200 hp, and it has lsd I'm not quit too sure about the base model, it has a far better interior than I've seen an type r have, type s looks way better I'm not too sure about suspension or braking but they should be the same if not better then the type r
1) 6 gears does not mean anything. The R still has better gearing than the S will ever have.
2) Wow, 5 more horsepower - did you forget about the LSD and weight difference between both cars?
3) Interior does not classify a better performance car - the less, the better.
4) You are far too uneducated about both cars to argue. There is an NSX Type S and there is a Type R. Are you going to say that the Type S is the better one?

i can tell you that a RSX-S is deffiently faster (acceleration/top speed) then a type r, i pretty easily walked away from a modded GSR (intake exhaust and header i think) from a stop and on the highway. you have to figure a GSR is just as quick if not quicker than a Type R with those mods. The k20a2 is a monster on the top end. 80-130 comes very fast.
The RSX-S has better low-end torque but the Type R climbs so much harder than an S if launched in the midst of stratosphere. I think the R has the better top speed - Rs have been known to reach 155MPH.

Please... not the modded vs. stock arguement...

So Stock Vs Stock... I dont see the RSX-S beating an Integra R any time soon (assuming equal drivers)

HEY SlammedBlueEM2
NICE CAR
I wish it still looked like that.

The only thing you wouldnt have is the reinforced roof and the center brace, but that could easily be made up for with the proper roll cage.
a.k.a. Poor Man's R. imp:
Old 03-12-2004
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Majarvis
This makes me think. I've often wondered, is the RSX-S heavier than an EX because of the larger 2.0L engine? So, when Hawk swapped his K20A2 into his EX, would his car then weigh roughly the same as an RSX-S, or possibly even more? Basically what I'm asking is, is the K20A2 heavier than the D17A2, so that any gains you would have using the EX base weight wise, would then be negated when the K20A2 is swapped in...
if i had to guess i'd say my car is about 100 lbs lighter than the RSX, the k20a2 is all aluminum, its actually 90lbs lighter than a B16. So the k20a2 is not a heavy motor.

I figure the extra 100 lbs the RSX weighs over my car is from the sound deadening. Figure a swapped civic runs somewhere around 2650. I actually want to get it weighed at a weighing station to find out for sure, i'm curious about it.

The cars overall balance really doesn't feel off, i had a slight understeer problem when i first got it back, but i had the Civic's rear sway bar in it, now that i have a Progress back there its actually very neutral, i can't wait to see what it does this sunday.
Old 03-12-2004
#1 S2000 Fan

ViNRoCk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
when i first went to buy a car two years ago I winded up getting the 7thgen.

I spent like 2 months trying to find a Type R from a dealer that wasn't too RAPED. It never happened
Old 03-13-2004
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Hawk, you should get your car weighed at a race track.
Old 03-13-2004
Registered!!

03white5spd4d is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by SlammedBlueEM2
Hawk, you should get your car weighed at a race track.
Old 03-15-2004
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
I just said the type s is better than the integra type r
Old 03-15-2004
Ryu
Registered!!

Ryu is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say get the RSX Type S because my bro has a type r and bought it for 17,7k for 24k miles......that isnt bad....not stolen or anything..the guy just kept it as a collector. soon in like 2 week though, the car gets raped by honda haters(Damn you!!!) Soo many people abuse this car...and really ur losing lots of money becuz you gotta repair the dents and car paint and etc.....Although, the type r is one awesome ride....the power is amazing...Chicks love it!
Old 03-15-2004
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
If they're running around close to $20k...I'll just wait a bit longer, save the extra cash and get an EVO VIII.. Have more space and more power..
Old 03-15-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
umm 18 grand for a good condition ultra low milege japanese spec

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 03-15-2004 at 11:53 PM.