General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Infiniti G35X: Return of the ATTESSA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Infiniti G35X: Return of the ATTESSA?

Wow, it almost sounds like Nissan is actually bringing the ATTESSA drive system to the US "Skyline wannabe" G35 Sedan. Sounds nice actually. See it and hear about it here:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...lery-index.htm

Variable power output to front and rear axles, similar to the ATTESSA driven skylines of the past.

Last edited by nookiemonster; 01-16-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah... too bad it can only be had with a slushbox. Kinda retarded if you ask me. Hopefully they'll make an AWD 6 speed coupe.... well, if they're smart they will........

Oh BTW... it is Attessa drive. There's several variations of it. This one isn't totally the same as the Skyline drive, but it does still allow for 100% rear transfer.
Old 01-16-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
hmmm thanks...
Old 01-16-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Isn't that in the AWD G35 that they advertise now???
Old 01-16-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

I haven't seen any advertisements for it, but it's the 2004 model, so I suppose it would be.
Old 01-16-2004
Registered!!

Giuseppe is an unknown quantity at this point
The FX35/45 also uses a variation of ATTESSA.
Old 01-16-2004

alienmeatsack has a spectacular aura aboutalienmeatsack has a spectacular aura about
I saw this one on cars.ign.com when they talked about it. It's nice, and its a step closer to what we all know we really want. But its still not there.
Old 01-16-2004
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
"skyline wannabe"? For upteenth time, the G35 IS a skyline. The badge for the skyline and skyline GT-R split. The Atessa drive wasn't used on the regular Skyline, it was used in the Skyline GT-R.

Ppl on this board keep interchanging the regular skyline w/ the skyline GT-R and vice versa. We already have a skyline, we need the GT-R.
Old 01-16-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

How can it be a skyline if the chassis is a Z variant? The R series chassis are gone, and the "new skyline" shares little to nothing with it. The RB series motors are also gone and in it's place is the VQ series motors. So for the upteenth time, yes it's considered the "wannabe skyline" in nissan camps around the world. It has been considered very disappointing, although I'd still kill to have one.
Old 01-16-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
I like all Infinitis
Old 01-19-2004
aki
Registered!!

Originally posted by nookiemonster
How can it be a skyline if the chassis is a Z variant? The R series chassis are gone, and the "new skyline" shares little to nothing with it. The RB series motors are also gone and in it's place is the VQ series motors. So for the upteenth time, yes it's considered the "wannabe skyline" in nissan camps around the world. It has been considered very disappointing, although I'd still kill to have one.
You aren't getting what I'm saying.

First off, most Nissan's share chasis'. The new GT-R will share a chasis, probably the same Z-chasis.

Secondly, the skyline is a skyline, the GT-R is the GT-R The R-series chasis ...? There never was a dedicated chasis to the GT-R. The GT-S, GTS-T, GT 4 door and GT-R shared the same chasis.

Third you keep comparing the regular skyline to the GT-R - you're comparing apples to oranges because the badges split. What you're doing is like comparing a stock non-evo Lancer to an Evo VI, saying that the previous Lancer was a lot better. You can't even compare the two.

If you want to make a fair comparison, please compare the non-GT-R R34 skyline to this skyline. You're comparing completely different trims. If you want to make right comparisons, compare the G35 to the R34 GTS-T and you'll find that the G35 performs a lot better.

It's not a wannabe skyline, because skyline's have always had midrange performance. The GT-R is the highend performer.

-Aki
Old 01-19-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

No, I'm comparing skylines in general, to the G35. Skylines in the past, have never shared a Z platform. Nobody said anything about GT-R. The fact of the matter is, that up until this point, the skyline has had it's own DEDICATED chassis. YES, it has. Known as the R series. (R32, R33, R34, etc.)

You know what the G35 is known as to everyone else who isn't trying to make it out to be a skyline? It is known as "The Gentleman's Z." Imagine that...
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

trashguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a quickie.... R series skyline is dead untill 2007

My buddy who works for nissan let me on a "secret" That the DT-R will be in USA but the good old R sereis motor is gone No more cool RB26DETT but he said ther will be a cool Twin turbo V 6.

The AWD G35s will be here soon
Old 01-19-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Yeah I think that will be the VQ35TT...something like that...be pretty cool none the less...
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

yeeee

I want a VK56DETT adsjhga;erhg;wrhgn'jnwrlfbjlhtkbgv haha

Ill continue to dream that Nissan would make suck a beast

Last edited by trashguy; 01-19-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2004
aki
Registered!!

Originally posted by nookiemonster
No, I'm comparing skylines in general, to the G35. Skylines in the past, have never shared a Z platform. Nobody said anything about GT-R. The fact of the matter is, that up until this point, the skyline has had it's own DEDICATED chassis. YES, it has. Known as the R series. (R32, R33, R34, etc.)

You know what the G35 is known as to everyone else who isn't trying to make it out to be a skyline? It is known as "The Gentleman's Z." Imagine that...
My apologies, I mistook you for saying that the GT-R had its own chasis. The reason why Skyline shares the same platform with the Z is because of Carlos Ghosn's measures to cut back costs. Just because cars share the same platform doesn't mean it's a worse car. So your argument of the current skyline being inferior doesn't stand with this regard.

You and many others keep trumping up Skylines in general. The non-GT-R cars are average performers. My brother owns a R32 GT-S in Japan, and while the engine is nice, its performance is somewhat lower than the new Z. It seems that most aren't familiar with how regular skylines perform, because if you did you wouldn't be saying the current skyline sucks.

nonGT-R R32, R33 R34 Skylines are $20-30k cars, as is the current G35/Skyline. A GT-R is a 50-60k car. It makes no sense to keep saying that the R34 GT-R was so much better when you're comparing totally different trims. Either compare the R32, 33, 34 non GT-R's to the G35 or don't make any comparisons at all. It's like ragging on a stock low-end mustang because it doesn't perform like a Mustang Cobra. Of course they don't perform the same.

-Aki
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

Comes down to it is that Nissan is French owned...

Booo Fiat....
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

Giuseppe is an unknown quantity at this point
Fiat is Italian and does not own Nissan. That would be Renault.
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

Bah correct i get the Euros mixed up..

Still french owned..
Old 01-20-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
g35skyline is ugly for a skyline... give me a g35 or a skyline, not both in the same car
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
well, I saw some schematics for the VQ32DETT, which is supposevly going to be the engine in the GT-R skylines, and they had a VQ25DET, which im guessing will be GTS-T engine. and since we already HAVE VQ series engines in the states, they cant really use that as an excuse to not bring them over, like when we got NO RB series motors ever.
Old 01-20-2004
aki
Registered!!

Italians make some unreliable quirky cars, but they also make the best looking cars which sort of makes up for that. Alfa Romeo's 156 sedan is by far one of the sleekest out there.

The Ferrari 360 Modena. Sure it's not the fastest sports car, but its one of the best looking.

Back to thread though, the GT-R will probably have VQ32DETT. And for the last time, it's not Skyline GT-R, its just Nissan GT-R