General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

forget the k20a2 swap, which car should i get

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Depends entirly what you want to do with the car....

I autocross, so I'll look at what I would do...

We'll start stock
1. RX7.... I assume its the Turbo model Runs Super Stock, Not compeditive in the class but the fastes car you listed (acceleation, handling)
2. Integra R. arguably the best car for D-Stock (good choice if you want to win a class)
3. Prelude, also D-Stock, decidedly Un compeditive
4. RSX-S was in D-Stock but prooved to be so uncompeditve in the class that the SCCA droped them to G-Stock (D-Stock > G-Stock)
5. WRX, also in D-Stock and is also Uncompeditive.... Unless its wet out.

So, stock wise the RX7 is the top choice, then the Integra R. after that the WRX then the Prelude and finally the RSX-S.

once you start modding things change....

1. RX7 possibly one of the best cars for Street Modified (last years national champ drove one with about 800HP to win the class)
2. WRX, Great car for STX (street touring Xtream) only problem is that because the class is limited tire wise the WRX (being heavy as it is) tends to Burn tires up quickly.
3. Integra R, Stay stock.... Why mess with a class winning car???
4. Prelude.... Still to slow and heavy... Might make an Ok STS car (street touring Stock) But definitly not a class winnier
5. RSX-s....... simmilar problems as the Prelude (Too heavy) Might do well in G-Stock Vs the Cooper S.

thats my take

so I'd narow down the choices to RX7 and an Integra R. of course the WRX would still be fun to drive, just dont expect to win any classes except for STX.

Old 01-15-2004
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
WRX
Old 01-15-2004
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills

Jollysid is just really niceJollysid is just really niceJollysid is just really niceJollysid is just really niceJollysid is just really nice
I wouldn't buy any of those cars with 50k miles on it for $17k...
Old 01-15-2004
Registered!!

hondaciv01 is an unknown quantity at this point
the ones that i'm looking at the most are at max $16k and most are between 20-40k miles, which i think is pretty good considering thats the range my civic is in
Old 01-15-2004
Registered!!

detroittosag has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i'd get the integra.. that's a tight *** car, nice and small, with tons of potnential.
Old 01-15-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
rx-7 all the way... so sweeet
Old 01-15-2004
Registered!!

civicmorph is an unknown quantity at this point
integra type-r is bada$$ yes, but it's still just an integra, a RX-7 on the otherhand draws attention when nicely coated with luscious paint... I understand the integra is a type-r and will get many attentions...from civic and integra owners (the most)...but the RX-7 will get everyone's attention...but that's just my opinion anyway. Out of the two on the street side by side I would look at the rx-7 before the integra.
Old 01-15-2004
Registered!!

Captnplnet is an unknown quantity at this point
WRX
Old 01-17-2004
Registered!!

i say an rx7 is hard as hell to service. good luck finding any shop that knows jack **** about rotarys in the land of big block V8s. also, rsx-s has lackluster performance compared to the wrx. all wheel drive is neccesary for weeks like the last one (like 8 inches of snow during school), rx7's rwd doesnt get you very far down 8 mile without goin sloooooooooow. difficult to drive, especially in the snow with power numbers youre aspiring to. rx7 is tight cause its rare and a bonefied sports car. problem is also its a 2 seater. how are you gonna go to boyne in a 2 seat sports car. preludes are old, while nice, but as stated before they are super heavy. fwd shouldnt be chosen over and awd or rwd vehicles. as rwd shouldnt be chosen over awd for a car driven in the snow. that leaves one choice, the right choice, in my opinion: the WRX. its got the awd holeshot the stout EJ20 engine, and loads of aftermarket goodies to make you car do whatever it is you want it to do. then you can start taking down those contours. get the wrx

Last edited by hondaciv01; 01-17-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2004
#1 S2000 Fan

ViNRoCk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone keeps saying WRX. I guess alot of peeps will be getting WRX's for their next car. Why don't you just trade in your civic and get one. A WrX only costs like 24 grand its not an exspensive car. If all you guys want it so bad, get it.

Most peeps I know just don't like the cars looks. I am about to get a new car (lease is up). I don't want to spend more than $25k. For me it was between RSX-S and the WRX. I love Hondas but The AWD almost tempted. The thing is I think Subarus are ugly. The regular WRX and the STI. They are just hideous. The performance of the EJ's speak for themselves, but the looks are love em or hate em.

If you could deal with the looks and you live where it snows alot, get the rex.

If you want a car that is RARE (everyone and there mama has a subbie now), fun, and reliable. Get the ITR. That car hummmmmmms. BOV's sound nice, but in my opinion nothing sounds better than a good VTEC. Even though they aren't the fastet cars in the world.
Old 01-17-2004
Registered!!

^^^ thing is, i do love the teg type r, but its hard to find, i do live with snow, but would like something alittle more unique then the rex cause everyone does have them...... i'm gonna have to make some compromise
Old 01-17-2004
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
That is what I was going to say about the Rx-7, cool car but finding someone to work on it or whatever will be a bitch. Not a good dialy driver IMO either.

I'd go Acura RSX-S, the WRX is so played out and they are ugly. The 2002's also have shitty *** tranny's. But its a good car thats fast and awd if you get cant past that stuff.

Go RSX-S, i know ull be happy with it.