General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Are We Spoiled?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are We Spoiled?

Sure, there're kids that have S2000s, Wrx, IS300, whatever.. but compared to the average.. are we pretty fortunate?

I always wanted a RSX-S or TSX or something faster and more expensive UNTIL.. at my new work place.. every person I take on my car.. everyone asks "wow, is this new?" "hey, nice car"

But on this forum.. we all bash our own cars...

Makes me think.. even if do get a RSX-S and join a RSX forum.. probably everyone'll be saying how a Evo or STi'll beat us.. n all.

just me rambling...
Old 11-12-2003
Forum Sponsor

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
i've always gotten comments on my car no matter what the time or situation..

then when i just recently got my kit put on, i've been getting twice as much comments and alot more head turning..

to tell you the truth, i dont need a fricken WRX, EVO, RSX, etc to make myself look "cool".

spoiled or not, i could give a ****, because im 100% satisfied with my civic..
gets me from point A to point B, and looks good doing it..
we dont always need speed, now do we?
Old 11-12-2003
Pimp Juice Distributor

Location: Dallas, Tx but now Virginia Beach, VA 'cause of job...
SeCosCiV is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ What they said...
Old 11-12-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You can't be spoiled if you're paying for it yourself.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

fuchs is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think that we are spoiled. Although, i'm sure that there are a
few exceptions, where mommy and daddy just get people whatever
they want. For the most part, I think that we work hard for what we
have and are proud of what we have made of our little vic's. Of coarse
when you pay for everything yourself, it makes you apprieciate it a
little more....just my .02
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Of course, for some, people are spoiled. Some of you had your parents pay for the car, as well as all the modding. As for me, my parents put the down payment, and monthly insurance. They know im not able to afford all of that, since I have other bills to pay besides my car every month. I do, pay for my car payments every month, as well as ALL the modding. I dont consider myself spoild since i bust my a$$ to pay for the car, my other bills, plus all the modding. Its alright to get help from your parents, but not too much help. Theres a difference with being helped, and being handed things. JMO
Old 11-12-2003
But it's a Dry Heat

l00pb4k is an unknown quantity at this point
How is anyone with a 'Vic spoiled? It is a cheap/inexpensive econobox that fortunately has alot of aftermarket products. I would consider a college student driving an M3 spoiled before I would someone driving a Civic.
Old 11-12-2003
*BoY*CaR* *GiRL*DRivER*

fine02civicgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
my parents paid for my car. i got it when i was a senior in high school. and the reason they did that is so that during the rest of high school, and college, they didnt want me working 40 hours a week to pay the note, and put school on the back burner. yet i couldnt go back and forth (20-25) miles there and (20-25) miles back every single day to college in a piece of crap used car like i had. and this was pretty cheap. and also, i made good grades in high school, and it was my reward. call it spoiled if u want, but i consider myself lucky because i do work and pay bills with 90% of my money, just not my car note or insurance.
Old 11-12-2003
Remebers the old days

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
So would that mean the My parents are spoiled. I gave mine the down payment for there new car and helped them with the first insurence payment. I bought mine and pay for it myself. It's nice to be able to give back after all those years.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

Blur3737 is an unknown quantity at this point
this kid i used to go to school with's dad bought him an M3 for his 16th birthday, before he even had his license! this girl i know who just got her license her dad gave her like a 60k+ limit on a new car, of course there are times that i'd like a faster car cause all my friends cars are faster than mine, wrx, 350z, volvo s80 twin turbo lol, but when i think about it i also know a bunch of people who walk around so im in the middle on happiness
Old 11-12-2003
Bodacious Member

jwalker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
i go to a private school were most of the people are rich beyond belief. I have a friend who's dad got her a brand new z-4, and she doesnt even want it. Another friends got a new Mercedes before he got his license. Yes, my parents bought be my vic, but they wanted to get be a 6th gen; it didnt have ABS though, so I got a 7th gen. We bought it used, so there are no payments, but I have to pay for all the mods; my dad will pay for routine maintinence, but since I drive it so hard (accellerate hard, decellerate hard, turn fast...) he's making me pay for the tires (front ones are bald at 15k). I don't consider myself spoiled, because I work hard make good grades, and my parents sort of unofficially reward me for that. In short, most of my friends are a lot more spoiled than I am, if I am spoiled at all. I guess the main reason I'm not spoiled is that I realize that not everyone gets a car when they can drive; and therefore I appreciate that I am lucky. OK, im done now.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
I wanted the new 7th gen so I worked for it and paid it in full. Of course I started saving when I was 13, for a car. Eventaully Civics caught my attention and they were pretty cheap, so I bought one.

If you have to buy something based on its price, then you're not spoiled. If you absolutely have to have something and not work for it, thats spoiled.
Old 11-12-2003
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
spoiled are the kids who dont give a single **** about what others do for their benefits.

people would always want more, no matter what. if i drive an rsx, i would be asking for an s2000. if im driving a crv, i would be asking for a pilot. you get the point?
we are lucky enough to get our own car, some people out there don't even have a car but badly needed it. it all just comes down on being satisfied on what you have.
Old 11-12-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I'm happy with what I've got, but I do consider myself spoiled in that I know if I wanted to get something "better" (nothing is better than my car), even if I didn't have the money, I'd be able to finagle a way to acquire it. I feel spoiled because at 25 I have a car and a life. Some people have one but not the other, and some have neither and will die that way. Yet here I am whining about how my car dips too low in the back or about a blown neon.
Old 11-12-2003
The dog told me to do it

Explosivo is an unknown quantity at this point
errr... I just wrote this whole story about how much I like my vic and then I get "page cannot be displayed" so to summarize, basically I LOVE MY DIC!

I mean VIC!
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
lol I dont have a vic and my parents never bought me anything so I know I'm not spoiled.

I think anyone's parents that buy them a brand new car or any car for that matter should be thankful. But in most cases they are not cause they are too spoiled to appreciate things.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm 24, I have a car I have a house. The car is paid off, the house is being paid off. I work over 70 hours a week, I have a full time job during the day that requires 40+ hours a week, then I have my own business that I deal with at night time. I get maybe 3 ours of sleep a night. Am I spolied, if you ask me I will tell you I am because I am doing things that nobody, I know, my age is doing and I am having oppurtunities to do things nobody else would have a chance to at my age.

If you ask anybody who knows me they will all tell you the same thing, that I have worked my a$$ off to be where I am at and I am not going to let anybody take that away by saying that I was handed anything.
Old 11-12-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Thus you are not spoiled, it seems you know the value of hard work and earning your stuff, and I give you props for bein where you are at the age you are. I'm spoiled because I admittedly until recently had a lot of things handed to me on a silver platter...I mean, this is the first car I had to actually pay for! Plus my relatives all tell me I was a spoiled brat when I was younger.

I'm buyin a condo very very soon myself...assuming the bank gives me some love.
Old 11-12-2003
But it's a Dry Heat

l00pb4k is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by JDog2001CivicEX
I'm 24, I have a car I have a house. The car is paid off, the house is being paid off. I work over 70 hours a week, I have a full time job during the day that requires 40+ hours a week, then I have my own business that I deal with at night time. I get maybe 3 ours of sleep a night. Am I spolied, if you ask me I will tell you I am because I am doing things that nobody, I know, my age is doing and I am having oppurtunities to do things nobody else would have a chance to at my age.

If you ask anybody who knows me they will all tell you the same thing, that I have worked my a$$ off to be where I am at and I am not going to let anybody take that away by saying that I was handed anything.
Damn must be training to have kids j/k, I have to give you a lot of credit. Most people your age don't even know WTF they want to do with their lives let alone have their isht together like it sounds you do.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
Most of us are not spoiled. We are just more fortunate then the past generations. Some people abuse their powers and just make some of us look bad. As long as you know what you are doing and do not abuse your "fortune" then I do not consider that being spoiled. Take responsibility.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

Actually my girlfriend and I a starting to talk about children so we have to throw lots of sex for a purpose into the mix with my jobs.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by JDog2001CivicEX

im right on ur track. i been working full time since i was 14 and going to school. im 19 now and i work full time 11-7 then i go to school from 9-3 or 9-7 depending on the day and then maybe i get to sleep before i go to work if i dont have hw or tests and then you have to throw in my other part time job i got which i do twice a week, so thats 56 hrs a week plz school. I have worked 80 hrs in a week too if im needed at work. i pay for my car, all my mods, cell phone, all my bill sand all that stuff i got plus i pay for my college tuition. not many people my age are working 2 jobs and going to college and still holding over a 3.3 gpa if u do, good for u too. lol
I do live at home, but i still pay for internet, cable, and a monthly payment for living there and etc.

Last edited by slicksivik; 11-12-2003 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
oops
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

slicksivik: I applaude you, it is people like you that have made this country, and also the belief of the human dream a great place, sure we may work our butts off now, but when it comes time to slow down and take it easy, on OUR terms, we will be well off and not need help from our dying social security system.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
Damn guys. . . being spoiled is simply this:

Being GIVEN something you don't deserve.

If you can answer that truthfully, then you'll know one way or the other.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
im spoiled. 16 and ive got one of the nicest cars in school.but at the same time im going to keep this car for like 5 more years and over time put money into it and make it better and better.
Old 11-12-2003
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
im 17 and i make every effort to help pay for my car. i put $1000 on the down payment and pay $40 a month for the car finance. my parents pay my insurance and gas though. and my parents woudl never pay for anything i do to my car, every mod i have i have paid for. i may get christmas and birthday presents that are for my car, but they arent just gonna buy me anything i want.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

BassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to all
HA! My parents co-signed the loan so I could get the car. That's about it.
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

Civicccc will become famous soon enoughCivicccc will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Yukonart
Damn guys. . . being spoiled is simply this:

Being GIVEN something you don't deserve.
Exactly. I am paying for my own car, but i see a problem with people that bash others that had their cars paid for by their parents. Its only those that dont appreciate the fact that it was given to them. But so many people are haters.
Old 11-12-2003
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
after reading all your posts I do feel a little spoiled... It's not my car but I am the only driver. My grades aren't that high but it would have been impossible for me to even get to school if we had only one car. I don't work but I have to drive my Mom everywhere and I spend more than 2 hours on the road each day. I guess I'm saying that we needed another car so I don't feel spoiled much.

I did however help with the down on the new car (when I had my summer job).

Quick Reply: Are We Spoiled?