General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

SCC Article on the SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003
Just Be

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MangoEX should not be trusted
SCC Article on the SRT-4

Every time i read about this Neon, I want it, such a beautiful car!!!
Article

Base price: $19,995
Measured horsepower at the wheels: 223 hp @ 5700 rpm
Curb weight as tested: 2,870 lb

PS- Note how #2 on the list of things to modify is the Camber.. are our civics set at 0? If so, would 1 or 2 degrees of - camber hurt?
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

CrapyCorollaDX is an unknown quantity at this point
its ugly!! looks like a VW bug on Crack
Old 10-30-2003
Just Be

And, sir, what do you drive? *Looks at avatar* mwahahah
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

your till can't out run me
Old 10-30-2003
Just Be

Straight line, curves, i own you. Esp by Japanese standards
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
yeah, its hella ugly... but fast
Old 10-30-2003
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
and most drivers think they are the ****!..
Old 10-31-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by MangoEX
Straight line, curves, i own you. Esp by Japanese standards
Sure, ever autocrossed? and its just a hyped up Neon. its fast, woo hoo.... I want to se how it fairs against the other cars in its SCCA SOLO 2 Class.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 10-31-2003 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

no autocross where we live but we got killer mounten roads and he can only beat me by like 4 car lanthes lol (just a bit of a backround on our rules we start in a strate line and go with no passing, if u can keep up u win if u can;t u lose)
Old 10-31-2003
Just Be

4 car lengths my ***, your headlights were barely visible in my RVM, at LEAST 8-10 car lengths. Easily.
Old 10-31-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
your going to see some fast *** srt-4's on the road and they mod easy with good power gains.

i have seen one SMOKE a stang gt from a stop the srt-4 pulled so hard it got about 5 car lenghts ahead and changed into the stangs lane thats a quick car.
Old 10-31-2003
Wicked Moderatuh

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
I like the way the SRT-4's look. Like a beefier Neon. I never thought the Neon's look that bad to begin with. Best bang for the buck, if your a freakin street racer...
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

BlackIce is an unknown quantity at this point
uh guys...hmmm, its still a Dodge...
bet our civs are still on the road and having no engine probs after 10yrs, unlike good ole dodge
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually I still have access to a running, almost in perfect condition Dodge Colt with over 400,000 miles on it, so your comment is based purely upon opinoin, if it is a fact show me the actual place where it was stated.
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

BlackIce is an unknown quantity at this point
this is my opinion actually. There is something about owning a Dodge in my family. We are cursed. Everyone in my blood line who has ever owned a Dodge of any sort, has had nothing but problems with them. My brother bought one that lasted a year, ended up getting a Talon. Now has a MazdaSPEED. Anyway, you dont have to take my word on the Dodge issue, just stating a fact of what my family has gone through owning them. Or getting owned by Dodge...
Old 10-31-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
Yeah..the SRT's are fast and reasonbly priced...but it is still a freakin neon.
Kinda embarrasing to have...might as well get a miatia while you are at it.
Old 10-31-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by JDog2001CivicEX
Actually I still have access to a running, almost in perfect condition Dodge Colt with over 400,000 miles on it, so your comment is based purely upon opinoin, if it is a fact show me the actual place where it was stated.

Even a blind Squirrel finds a nut occasionally.
Old 10-31-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

hahaha you guys crack me up.

yea its faster than basically every honda besides the nsx

people say its fast but its just a neon well **** were slow and still just a civic whats your point ricers
Old 10-31-2003
Autocross Junky

Actually I'd love to have a Miata. You've probably never seen them race...... One hell of a car. all those girls have no Idea what they have underthem... also, its been described as the Best British roadster EVER!
Spec Miata Racing

As far as the SRT-4 being fast....... So? its classed in D-Stock for SCCA Solo 2. And I don't think its going to be that compeditive in its class.
Old 10-31-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

the % of people who actually buy their car to autoX is very small and just like you guys tell me that 1/4 is not everything autoX is even less. whats youe excuse when you race on the street or track when you get beat? well i bet i could run a better time if we were autoX'ing well thats great but you were looking at the other guys tails.
Old 10-31-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Originally posted by guamcivic2k1
and most drivers think they are the ****!..

the turbo kinda make them the ****...
but not in my book.
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
the srt4 looks gay, but it is fast
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
It's fast as hell but I just don't like the design there are already a couple that are running low 12's theres a vid of chick that has one modded and she beats a 93 viper she ran 12.3. Quick cars I just hate the styling and the (neon) history behind it.
Old 10-31-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

the viper ran higher than 12.3??? get a new driver in that car LIKE ME.
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sorry the SRT-4 is the **** when it comes to cars goinf fast for a very cheap price, everybody that says they hate it because it is a neon, get over it. I had the oppurtunity to test drive one, I hated it before, but after actually driving it. Damn it I wish I had one right now, but I can't give up the 43 mpg that I am getting right now
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

JDMTUNED01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by sadboy916
hahaha you guys crack me up.

yea its faster than basically every honda besides the nsx

people say its fast but its just a neon well **** were slow and still just a civic whats your point ricers
hey um i dont know where you got your info domestic boy, but ima have to say your wrong.
The TL, CL, and s2000 will all beat the srt4. ive seen a stock s2000 and one race and the s2000 pulled on it. If Honda made a civic with a turo kit on it it would be the same thing. just cause it come from the factory everyones nutting the pants.....big damn deal.
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

Civicious is an unknown quantity at this point
I have felt the same way most of you do on this site towards Dodge and most domestics. However I also know to admit when a car manufacturer gets it right.

I think it looks pretty nice with a Wings West body kit.

What do you think?

Last edited by Civicious; 03-30-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-31-2003
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by sadboy916
the % of people who actually buy their car to autoX is very small and just like you guys tell me that 1/4 is not everything autoX is even less. whats youe excuse when you race on the street or track when you get beat? well i bet i could run a better time if we were autoX'ing well thats great but you were looking at the other guys tails.
true, but I didnt buy my car to autocross. i bought it for Quality a reliablity. If I did buy a car for autocross, I'd be driving a miata right now. and BTW, The miata 1.8L is classed C-stock and the SRT-4 is classed D-stock, so HP aint everything (C-Stock > D-Stock).

as far as excuses on the street..... I dont race on the street. Never have. and when its at the autocross track, well then its the driver beating me, not the car. at least when they are in my class (STS). other wise I just look at the PAX #s to see whos better.

from my experiance in car racing, pure acceleration no longer impresses me. I Look at the whole package now. Acceleraton, Handling and Brakeing.

unfortunatly this is not a common view in this country. we seem to have this idea that 0-60 times are the only thing that makes a sports car...... where as the rest of the world loves driving, not just accelerating.
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

Civicious is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Zzyzx
true, but I didnt buy my car to autocross. i bought it for Quality a reliablity. If I did buy a car for autocross, I'd be driving a miata right now. and BTW, The miata 1.8L is classed C-stock and the SRT-4 is classed D-stock, so HP aint everything (C-Stock > D-Stock).

as far as excuses on the street..... I dont race on the street. Never have. and when its at the autocross track, well then its the driver beating me, not the car. at least when they are in my class (STS). other wise I just look at the PAX #s to see whos better.

from my experiance in car racing, pure acceleration no longer impresses me. I Look at the whole package now. Acceleraton, Handling and Brakeing.

unfortunatly this is not a common view in this country. we seem to have this idea that 0-60 times are the only thing that makes a sports car...... where as the rest of the world loves driving, not just accelerating.
I 100% agree! Btw A friend of mine at work has a Miata and I always thought it was a girls car as well. After riding in his I realize this is no longer true. Superior road hugging handling!
Old 10-31-2003
Just Be

You guys are so biased... There are DEFINITELY some reliable and exciting American cars out there, my grandparent's Chrysler Reliant had around 350,000 original miles on it before it got totaled in an accident.

Quick Reply: SCC Article on the SRT-4