General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

My 3 Days with a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
My 3 Days with a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire Sedan

And it was awful. I borught my car in to get the front bumper repainted because the clear coat was coming off. First off to say, the lady at the front desk was a bitch to me, but whatever, my dealer sucks so much ***. But to the car. I jump in, first thing i see, it has a CD play so Im set because I hate the radio. I gun it on the first corner, and it sounded like there was some major wheel rub somewhere. I come to a stop light, and the the braking so is jerky, like the rotors are warped. Pretty much every stop light, i gun it. It had seperate 1, 2, 3, and Drive gear, so it droped it into 1, and I I get up to redline about 7,000 at 45. Eh... the set up of the car, with the gauges is alright, but the radio and heater controls are awful. the heater controls, you have to reach down and under the radio. Major inconvience. I know people beat rental cars, but this thing was a pile, for only having 34,xxx miles, and being 2002. I dig around the car, in the glove box and find the sticker for the car. Retail for this Sunfire is 16,3xx. I got my EX loaded, out the door in 2001, for 17,000. I get my car back this morning, and I feel like I am home, and the fit and feel of the car is so much better. End my little rant and story.
Old 09-24-2003
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
hahaha!! i know exactly how you felt when ya got back in ya car!! hehehe
Old 09-24-2003
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
haha, yea my girlfirends sister has a sunfire.............it is a huge piece
Old 09-24-2003
Got Capitalization?

04civiclxguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quoted By:
DaveyD

And it was awful. I borught my car in to get the front bumper repainted because the clear coat was coming off. First off to say, the lady at the front desk was a bitch to me, but whatever, my dealer sucks so much ***. But to the car. I jump in, first thing i see, it has a CD play so Im set because I hate the radio. I gun it on the first corner, and it sounded like there was some major wheel rub somewhere. I come to a stop light, and the the braking so is jerky, like the rotors are warped. Pretty much every stop light, i gun it. It had seperate 1, 2, 3, and Drive gear, so it droped it into 1, and I I get up to redline about 7,000 at 45. Eh... the set up of the car, with the gauges is alright, but the radio and heater controls are awful. the heater controls, you have to reach down and under the radio. Major inconvience. I know people beat rental cars, but this thing was a pile, for only having 34,xxx miles, and being 2002. I dig around the car, in the glove box and find the sticker for the car. Retail for this Sunfire is 16,3xx. I got my EX loaded, out the door in 2001, for 17,000. I get my car back this morning, and I feel like I am home, and the fit and feel of the car is so much better. End my little rant and story.

Thats Some Funny ****. You Got Me LMAO and ROTF!. HA HA HA HA
Old 09-24-2003
Registered!!

nuffsed is an unknown quantity at this point
domestic cars are soo poorly made...
Old 09-24-2003
Registered!!

IRONMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya I know, those cars are horrible. At the rental company that I work at, you always here something new about how crap those cars are. Thank god GM will be discontinuing them soon(so I've heard).
Old 09-24-2003
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
The one thing I forgot to mention is that the car didnt have power windows, no power locks, no power mirriors. The only feature was the CD player. Plain *** car for 16 some odd thousand. When I walked out the door with my loaded EX for 17,000. I dont know if i would ever buy a domestic name anymore, maybe except for a DaimlerChrysler product. My mom has a '94 Concorde, and it has had no problems, and my dad has a '02 Dodge Ram Quad cab, and that thing is solid too, except for a couple little quirks because of first year production, kinda like my car.
Old 09-24-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
yea no kidding...those sunfire/caviliers suck...
oh.. and most all of the civic coupes are buit in the usa... does that make them domestic?
Old 09-24-2003
Registered!!

sevenincubus is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate rentals. mine was a 2002 cavalier sedan and first day i had it i tried my luck with a 91 accord sedan but lost. what i did like about the cavalier was that the radio wouldnt turn off until the driver's door was open and there was no need to leave the key in the ignition.
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

Huh_Oh Sh*t! is an unknown quantity at this point
alot of rental cars are crap becuase they are abused to the limit...
Old 09-25-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by WannaBFast
oh.. and most all of the civic coupes are buit in the usa... does that make them domestic?
LMAO.. but they are designed in japan...
Old 09-25-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by WannaBFast
Nope. . Import. . However. . if you go to Japan and drive a Chevy. Are you driving an import? Or is it still considered domestic because you are American?
Old 09-25-2003
Mr. Negative

Originally posted by DaveyD
I dont know if i would ever buy a domestic name anymore,
notice how I said domestic name. you cant classify domestic, or import anymore with the way cars are made now.
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

Dustman380 is an unknown quantity at this point
they gave me a 2002 neon. what a piece of ****
Old 09-25-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
u shoulda taken it to an auto shop for an estimate and left it with the dealer once u got ur car back
Old 09-26-2003
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Ive had plenty of rentals....The last time I had a few of them was back in 2000
I had a new NEON with 8k miles that kept stalling out.
Then I brought it back and they gave me a new kia Sephia with 5k miles and I couldnt stop it....the brakes were gone. I had to slam on the pedal and pull up the parking brake at every light to stop. I then brought that back and they gave me a V6 hyundai Sonata...This car was awesome. So fast, so comfy....I took it over a railroad track doing around 65...and I could of sworn I went airborne for a few seocnods...The train track was on top of a hill....
Old 09-26-2003
The Nightraid crew - Sensible Ownage

evilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the rough
The new cavaliers suck. The old ones, however, aren't too bad...I've got an '88 with 274,220 miles on it, it's been run to hell, and the only problems I've found so far are a bad starter (which ended up getting me stranded at a friend's house, but it's not too hard to fix) and a bad TCC solenoid (tranny sticks in 3rd gear when it gets hot, but it's an easy fix)....This car was bought new in '88, and once I get those two little problems fixed, it'll be my daily driver again, and it's actually pretty quick. I got no complaints with 2nd gen Cavaliers.
Old 09-26-2003
The Nightraid crew - Sensible Ownage

evilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by civicdude
I took it over a railroad track doing around 65...and I could of sworn I went airborne for a few seocnods...The train track was on top of a hill....
Yeah, you were probably airborne. There's a hill by my school with tracks going over it, I launched my mom's Lumina off of it at 55, cleared both sets of tracks.
Old 09-26-2003
I do a body good

IMURMILK is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by nuffsed
domestic cars are soo poorly made...

that is way too broad of a statement....some dom's are poorly made..but I can name about 50 poorly made imports....so u cant just say dom's suck and imports rule..if you..please get a reality check and open your mind
Old 09-26-2003
Registered!!

kafyn722 is an unknown quantity at this point
rentals are cool if you get the insurance with it. my mom has a 2004 benz and she broke the center console in it and they gave her a 2004 ml500 as a rental. those things are fast, and very good at off roading, but if are into urban off-roading, that my not be the car of choice. rentals... so much fun cuz it aint your car!!!