General 6th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Need some help getting my first car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiago Ferreira is an unknown quantity at this point
Need some help getting my first car!

So i been looking for a 1.5 114hp civic ek3 for at least 2 months already
got a eye in a deal and the guy is asking around 1800€ for it.
it needs a lot work on the paint and the idea is changing it to black
the interior is in really well condition , roof is working , not engine light, the only thing is that the windows need some lubrificant kinda stuck opening( i think its because of being a lot time stopped)
the trunk is in good condition with no water leaks, the under of the car is in good shape too, didnt spot any rust marks that i could catch with my eyes!
but motor wise, u cant really see on the photos but it has some rusts on the engine frames , on the exhaust manifold (not sure if thats the right name) theres some weird colors there.
it has around 140000kms (87k miles around that) and the guy told me today that the belong to a old man who died and passed it to the son and sold it to him with around 115000km (around 70k miles) but the problem is that the car has been stoped for a long time, as he told me was stopped a long time when belong to the son i mention above , and after he bought it he stop using after some kms.
he changed some timing belts , water pump , oils and oil filter pretty recent , original honda antifreeze and he actually show me the invoices or receipts as u wanna call it.
i did a test drive on it, the clutch seems really nice as the gear box too, and the accelerator pedal seems stuck in the start position when u start pressing it, vtec is kicking in , and the ecomod seems to work, but it doesnt develops, feels like ur full pedal and doesnt respond.
in the last photo i posted there are some arrows pointing to where i spot more damage, the batery holder had a lot of rust at least it seems, there are some junky black tape in the intake manifold and some rusts as i mentioned.
may it be because it has been stopped for a long time ?
i really appreciated some help, every time i go to see some civic that i wanna buy i just love even more each time that happens!
sorry for a possible bad english and if this is in the wrong place of the forums! im new into this but i really need help!
down here are some photos of the car!
hope u guys can help me out , keep it up!

Old 04-25-2020
Click Here

Received 1,156 Likes on 903 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Need some help getting my first car!

I’d just buy a black car then.

That seems like a lot of money for it too
Old 04-25-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiago Ferreira is an unknown quantity at this point

in my country this are the prices of this cars , between 1.5/2.5k depends on the condition.
Old 04-25-2020
Click Here

Received 1,156 Likes on 903 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

That’s not so bad then.

I’d still get a black car first.
Old 04-25-2020
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

That car is in great shape for being 20+ years old, the "rust" areas you pointed out in the engine bay are extremely minor and nothing to worry about.
The price seems decent for the condition of the car.

A decent paint job is going to cost more than what you're going to pay for the car. I would just drive it as is, silver is a nice inconspicuous colour, and the car won't be baking hot in the summer.
If you want a black car, buy a black car.