General 6th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Starter Kill Relay

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Starter Kill Relay

Want to install a starter kill relay on the girlfriend's '99 sedan (auto, d16y7).
Something failed with the remote start causing the starter to engage with the engine.
I know I should remove the remote start but we live in Canada and I don't want to become single.
What would be the best wires to tap into to have the remote start's starter wire be disconnected when the engine is running.
I have a 5 pole relay, start wire would be on the NC contact and then become NO when the coil is energized.
Thank you
Old 11-02-2018
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Starter Kill Relay

Has it happened more than once? Are you sure it isn't just a bad relay sticking. Most remote start kits come with cheap no name relays.
Old 11-02-2018

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

It did it to me when I replaced the starter and started the car, a few seconds later the starter engaged,
luckily I was able to pull the negative cable before the starter fried. Then I disconnected the module so that the car would still be driveable.
I'm going to be looking at the module and all the related wiring tonight, I'm thinking either the module failed, or the twist and tape job the installer did is causing problems
Old 11-02-2018

might be hard to see in the picture, but it looks like the board failed. Something arced on it. Looks like the drivers kick panel is not the best place for it