Bolt-on Engine Performance Modifications This section is for easy bolt-on engine modifications Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Best Programmer/Tune chip

Old 07-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black_panda is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Programmer/Tune chip

I’ve been wanting to get a chip or tuner for my civic and just want to get everyone’s opinions on which brand is the best for the civic. I’ve been looking at ones from RaceChip USA but I don’t know if these are any good or if they work. I’ve got the 2018 Civc hatchback sport CVT
Old 07-22-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best Programmer/Tune chip

Ktuner or hondata. Hands down.

I personally plan on getting ktuner v1.2 myself, though the v2 (same as v1.2 but ibcludes 7" touchscreen tablet interface) is the same price as hondata's tuning unit. I dont personally care for the tablet, hence my decision.
Old 07-22-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Agree!! These are the only options in my opinion.
Old 07-22-2018
Registered!!

I personally plan on getting ktuner v1.2 myself, though the v2 (same as v1.2 but ibcludes 7" touchscreen tablet interface) is the same price as hondata's tuning unit. I dont personally care for the tablet, hence my decision.
So with the v1.2 Ktuner everything is changed from your phone right? Or laptop or something
Old 07-22-2018
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Laptop. They have an app that you can use to monitor stuff, but not change anything. V2's tablet you can change tunes with
Old 07-23-2018
Registered!!

Laptop. They have an app that you can use to monitor stuff, but not change anything. V2's tablet you can change tunes with
all right thanks you’ve defiantly given me a starting point, I’ll look into it and see how easy it is to use and what I can get out of it
Old 07-23-2018
Administrator
Administrator

Pretty much plug in, flash ecu. From start to finish, you're looking at 5-10 minutes

I'm in the same boat you are: Sport hatch with CVT. From my research, you can safely and reliably run the +6 PSI tune. Even ktuner's "base" 16.5PSI tune is an increase over stock. I got me a bluetooth OBD reader (that uses the Torque App) as my boost gauge. Highest I've been able to record (reading manifold pressure) was 9.4psi.

My buddy with a '16 ex-t says that his boost gauge reads 16.5psi, but that's merely calculated as opposed to actual boost pressure.

That's kinda the downside to our torque/engine load based boost demand system. You're likely to not get that 16.5psi Honda promised us. lol
Old 12-06-2018
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ducebigalow is an unknown quantity at this point

Warranty would be void if you do one of these tuners, correct?
Old 12-06-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ducebigalow
Warranty would be void if you do one of these tuners, correct?
Yes.